TVC GIRLS BASKETBALL - 2015/2016

loving life
Waterboy

Re: TVC GIRLS BASKETBALL - 2015/2016

Post by loving life »

tvcfan8 wrote:Btw, it sounds like you have a bone to pick with a parent taking pictures of the scorebook. Maybe you should take that up with them in person rather than air that on a public forum. Just sayin.

I know some book keepers have been asked by the local papers to snap shots of the book and send it to them in case they can't make it to the games.

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

loving life wrote:
Jayski wrote:My reference to not playing together was meant for the girls that are doing the playing on the floor right now. It will take some time for the upper class to gel with the freshman. When they do, they will be fine! It's called growing pains. As for your reference to them (Pullins, Bailey, Collins, Williams, and Barringer) playing together, this is not last season. Pullins barely showed up over the summer, Bailey has yet to put a full season together without a knee injury, and Williams has been sidelined with a knee injury.

As for the Southern game, I was there. Southern shot 78% in the first half and finished the game over 50%, while Eastern shot 18% in the first half and just over 25% for the game. You do not win very many games shooting like that. Of course many of Eastern fans will tell you it was because of the refs. Southern is average at best? They are 5-1 and 4-0 in the league...

Coach Burdette should play his best 6-7 players? I believe he does!..or are you saying he wants to lose on purpose? Who, in your opinion, are the best?...or is this like Pol Pot says, your little Suzie not getting to play? Perhaps you are a part of the problem? Maybe one of the parents that insist on seeing the scorebook after each game to snap a picture with their smart phone? Joke! It's not good enough anymore to just know what your own kid scored, but now we need to see what everyone scored.

Let's clear up which Pullins girl showed up over the summer. The freshman wasn't there.
Requiring a player to do off season training would be against the Ohsaa rules.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

NY beating Alex in the Ally was huge!!!
I didn't get to go to the game but I was able to watch the replay. What a game!!
The lady Buckeyes know how to finish, that's for sure.
It was fun to watch.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

SATURDAY GIRLS BASKETBALL SCORES: 12/19

River Valley
Point

Eastern - 47
Wahama - 6

Waterford
Fed Hock

Belpre - 42
Southern - 60

Trimble
South Gallia

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

ArmChairQB wrote:
tvcfan8 wrote:Explain to me how they've not played together. Collins, Pullins, Williams, Barringer and Bailey all played together. They lost nothing to graduation so they should be an experienced team. My seat is just fine but you might want to adjust your rose colored lenses. Yeah, there is a lot going on behind the scenes, a whole lot of drama. Coach said they were learning ball handling skills. Seriously? Ball handling skills on a varsity team? Seems to me the ball handling skills were just fine. I'm not sure how the experienced players are supposed to "pick it up" when they're not touching the ball, sitting on the bench or trying to lead talented but inexperienced players on the court. There's plenty of talent on that team. They go deep. But you can't start subbing when you're behind or still in a close game. And no offense to the teams they've beat, but they really haven't beat a solid team yet. Those are facts.
The loss to Southern is 100% on the coach. If he would play his best 6-7 kids they wouldnt have lost. Southern is average at best. There is no way he should be playing so many at the varsity level. You want to get those girls experience- well that's what the JV games are for! This team should have had a season with maybe 3-4 losses. My guess is they now lose 7 or 8.
One thing to keep in mind when playing at Southern. No matter if it's boys or girls if the visiting team has a chance to win you can bet the best 1 or 2 players will spend much of the game on the bench in foul trouble or they foul out. Kind of crazy how that seems to usually be the case. :mrgreen:

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

Jumpstop wrote:Athens appears to be getting better, got them a win last week and played a one loss River Valley team close. I know coach wanted that one bad. I'm bettingby the 2nd half of this season they will be a real threat, once Coach has them modeled into his character and gets them use to play some real defense, look out!
Are you insinuating they haven't played with character or defense the past few years?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Binary wrote:
Jumpstop wrote:Athens appears to be getting better, got them a win last week and played a one loss River Valley team close. I know coach wanted that one bad. I'm bettingby the 2nd half of this season they will be a real threat, once Coach has them modeled into his character and gets them use to play some real defense, look out!
Are you insinuating they haven't played with character or defense the past few years?
I wouldn't read to much into Jumpstop.....
This is the same poster who said Athens is the team to beat this year.
Athens lost all their good players and a great coach, it's gonna take them awhile to rebuild.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Love this site boys and girls...lot of good work

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Jumpstop
Waterboy

Post by Jumpstop »

Orange and Brown wrote:
Binary wrote:
I wouldn't read to much into Jumpstop.....
This is the same poster who said Athens is the team to beat this year.
Athens lost all their good players and a great coach, it's gonna take them awhile to rebuild.

The issue with Athens is these kids were never worked with, it's clear watching these girls they had no teaching about the game and have relied on one trick pony, while everyone else was ignored in there development. What you have now is a coach who is putting in the time to build character and a work ethic that never before existed. It will take some time, but coach is the right person to do this.

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

Pretty sure the previous coach was one of the best Athens has ever had!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

ArmChairQB wrote:Pretty sure the previous coach was one of the best Athens has ever had!
Something tells me jumpstop is a parent who had a player who didn't get to play much under the previous coach........ I could be wrong though

Athens is the biggest school in the TVC and they only have enough jv players to go 2 quarters. Some of their better players refused to play this year. This new coach may end up being a good one, but I don't get how anyone can get on this site and imply the previous coach wasn't good. Someone has some sour grapes.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

GIRLS BASKETBALL SCORES: 12/21

Athens - 24
Alexander - 44

Nelsonville-York - 62
Trimble - 37

Vinton County - 53
River Valley - 26

Meigs - 48
Wellston - 30

Eastern - 30
Waterford - 48

Belpre - 72
Wahama - 14

Southern - 65
Fed Hock - 25

Miller -
South Gallia -

tvcfan8
Waterboy

Post by tvcfan8 »

Waterford is impressive. I don't see anyone touching them for a few years. Well coached and disciplined. Patient and don't panic. Fun to watch. Coach is one of the best I've seen. Let's his stars shine. Thing is, a very balanced team. Don't have to rely on just one girl. It'll be great to see if they can go all the way.

Gregg811
Varsity

Post by Gregg811 »

Way to go Lady Cats!!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

GIRLS BASKETBALL SCORES 12/28

Athens - 29
Jackson - 52

South Webster - 58
Alexander - 49

Nelsonville-York - 44
Waterford - 50

Vinton - 71
Fed Hock - 33

Meigs - 54
wahama - 18

Wellston - 28
Minford - 61

Belpre - 36
Parkersburg - 88

Southern - 52
Williamstown - 72

South Gallia -
Sciotoville -

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

Word on the street is that due to injuries and girls quitting , Eastern will now start a Jr. So. And 3 freshmen. Time to work on next season /most likely with a new coach.

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

I hate that the community was split tonight, but congratulations to the girls on a huge win at Greenfield McClain.

Go Alex.

tvcfan8
Waterboy

Post by tvcfan8 »

ArmChairQB wrote:Word on the street is that due to injuries and girls quitting , Eastern will now start a Jr. So. And 3 freshmen. Time to work on next season /most likely with a new coach.

I just heard this too. So sorry to hear about this injury. Hopefully, she can recover for next year. She's the real deal.

dolphin
Waterboy

Post by dolphin »

Who got injured???

Jayski
Waterboy

Post by Jayski »

I am well aware of the OHSAA rules as they pertain to off-season workouts. Does a coach have to "require" a player to get better or should that be the want of the player? The point that I was trying to make was also an answer to another question. It is going to take time for these girls to learn to play with each other and they will before tournament time comes....that is if outsiders do not screw it up (like calling for a coaches head after 100 wins and a two trips to the state). Kids have to want to get better and unify as a team. These two things happen in the off-season...if they put the work in to it. If they wait until the season to accomplish this, it will take most of the season. The girls in the past played all summer long, every year for many years. They accomplished great things by doing so. All winning teams and successful stories have a common denominator; WORK ETHIC. That is why very few success stories derive from the welfare system! Nothing is given, it has to be earned!

Return to “Girls Basketball”