TVC GIRLS BASKETBALL - 2015/2016

tvcfan8
Waterboy

Re: TVC GIRLS BASKETBALL - 2015/2016

Post by tvcfan8 »

Yes I agree with dolphin, it's always been about getting the best players on the floor.

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

dolphin wrote:The dolphin says..... At this point in the season it doesn't matter if you are a freshman or senior, your just basketball players. I think the eagles will find a way to get their best players and on the court and finish the season strong!!!
Let's hope Coach B actually plays his best players at their correct positions. Right now - Pullins and Collins should play the whole game. If Williams makes it back then she too should never see the bench.
I have heard this will be his last season( he wants to watch his daughter) and a coach in the system will be getting his job.

tvcfan8
Waterboy

Post by tvcfan8 »

Wow!!!! At this point this thread should be shut down. Calling players out by name is against SEOP rules. You wanna talk about causing team chemistry issues? And then you make statements like that? Again, WOW!!!

Purity of the game? Yeah, gotcha.

loving life
Waterboy

Post by loving life »

tvcfan8 wrote:Wow!!!! At this point this thread should be shut down. Calling players out by name is against SEOP rules. You wanna talk about causing team chemistry issues? And then you make statements like that? Again, WOW!!!

Purity of the game? Yeah, gotcha.

I agree this has gone too far. I just want to wish the Lady Eagles the Best of Luck the rest of the season. They are a young team and only wish the best for them.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I have deleted the post where the players name was mentioned. If it happens again this will be locked.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
eagles fan
Waterboy

Post by eagles fan »

I think it's safe to say if Coach Burdette leaves it will be on his own terms. Eastern realizes what an amazing coach he is and how well he develops young talent and will stick with him as long as he wants the job. I think it's also safe to say that Coach B. Has forgotten more about the game of basketball then most people on this thread even know or claim the know about the game. Go eagles!

Jayski
Waterboy

Post by Jayski »

Well put Eagles Fan...I am one of those who believes that Coach Burdette will not be too easily replaced as some would believe. Especially at little ole' Eastern!

tvcfan8
Waterboy

Post by tvcfan8 »

Eagles fan I was thinking the same thing.

Jayski, since you can't seem to let it go I re-read this thread to see where ANYONE said Coach Burdette was a bad coach. You know what I found. No one said it. Not one mention of it. Nada. The only one to type that was you. Now, what was said was we questioned why there was such a radical shake up in the players? Why were veteran players being taken out of positions and putting inexperienced players in their place? Was this making the team better? By your own admission, it wasn't.

Now with your 30 years of experience in basketball you should know a coach isn't going to fix something that wasn't broken. But that didn't seem to be the case here. Still doesn't. The freshmen class brings a LOT of talent to the table and can offer a lot but not in the capacity they are being played. It's not fair to them. It's not fair to the upperclassmen that paid their dues. Talk about entitlement. Are you telling me that the freshmen have played more ball than the upperclassmen? Maybe some, but definitely not all.

No one said they were glad to see Burdette go. Again, nobody. That would be you putting statements out there that weren't made. Of course he's a great coach but for the life of me, I can't figure out the strategy here. You say it's to ensure the future of Eastern BB. I say why are we writing off this season to make sure the future is bright? I beg to differ that this team couldn't contend. Eastern gave Waterford all they wanted the first half. Then Waterford couldn't make a shot but then again the hot hands on Eastern weren't touching the ball at all. It was just hard to see.

So before you go saying they said this, read back through the posts. I think the questions raised were completely legitimate as do many other posters on here. You made it personal by singling out players. So keep that in mind when you get up in that high horse acting like you've said nothing.

Jayski
Waterboy

Post by Jayski »

If you call Coach Burdette clueless as ArmChairQB did, I don't believe that is exactly complimentary. If you are posting about all the things that he has done wrong and question his every move, you're implying he is not a good coach. I assume that that is how most people would read in to it as some have felt the need to post complimentary things towards Coach Burdette in addition to me. Why would they need to do that?...because of other negative remarks towards his coaching.

Fixing something that isn't broke is nothing more than a cliche'. Eastern can win 17/18 games a year by just showing up. However, if they want to beat Waterford or any other team outside the TVC, they are going to have to experiment with personnel or strategies to do it. You could call that the old "Find a Way" cliche.

In your life you may not figure his coaching strategies...you don't have too. Just like I will not figure your opinions, but I like to come to the website and simply give my take on things. It's called discussion...and every once in a while persuasion.

I did make it personal when I called out some players. For the sake of the rules within this forum I apologize. However, those statements were facts.

My admission is this "I completely disagree with your assessments!" Now please try not to use your time to assess me any longer. I don't want to waste anyone's time reading your rants against me. Instead, I am sure most would like to read our assessments of the team and decipher them for themselves.

dolphin
Waterboy

Post by dolphin »

Jayski---- I appreciate your straight forward wisdom on this topic. It sounds to me like there is a lot of experimenting going on to find out who can really help this basketball team get to the next level. In looking at the whole program, Eastern is very lucky to have all of these young players in their program because from what I have seen there are very few teams in the Hocking Division who can even field a JV team. It makes me sit here and think where would this program (Eastern) be without all of these freshman and sophmores???????

Jayski
Waterboy

Post by Jayski »

Dolphin...I don't get some of the views on here. If you are going to maintain a program at a high level of success, you must always be building the future. Upperclassman? Paid dues? What if the Freshman class was horrible? When they become seniors you play them because they paid their dues? Maybe that's why teams like Wahama barely have a program with no JV...they only play upperclassman who have paid their dues. Make sense? And who in the world is writing off the season? They are 8-3 for goodness sakes!...with losses to 10-0 State Runner-up, Ranked in top 5 Waterford, 10-3 Vinton, and 9-3 Southern (who played well, when we stunk)! Coach Burdette is doing what a coach is supposed to do. Experiment with personnel to find a way to take a good group and beat those who are better than good. Or find different offense and defensive strategies to get pass those that are better than you. Common sense I'd think. All I have been trying to do is explain what is going on currently, express why I think poor play happens, respond to criticism...oh and call out 16 year old's.

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

Jayski wrote:Dolphin...I don't get some of the views on here. If you are going to maintain a program at a high level of success, you must always be building the future. Upperclassman? Paid dues? What if the Freshman class was horrible? When they become seniors you play them because they paid their dues? Maybe that's why teams like Wahama barely have a program with no JV...they only play upperclassman who have paid their dues. Make sense? And who in the world is writing off the season? They are 8-3 for goodness sakes!...with losses to 10-0 State Runner-up, Ranked in top 5 Waterford, 10-3 Vinton, and 9-3 Southern (who played well, when we stunk)! Coach Burdette is doing what a coach is supposed to do. Experiment with personnel to find a way to take a good group and beat those who are better than good. Or find different offense and defensive strategies to get pass those that are better than you. Common sense I'd think. All I have been trying to do is explain what is going on currently, express why I think poor play happens, respond to criticism...oh and call out 16 year old's.
Yes you lost all credibility when you did the latter!

Jayski
Waterboy

Post by Jayski »

Thanks Arm Chair...no need to respond to my post any longer since I have no credibility with you. Further response would only garner me the credibility you say I do not have.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

GIRLS BASKETBALL RESULTS - 1/7

Athens - 33
Vinton - 64

Alexander - 64
Wellston - 23

Nelsonville-York - 43
River Valley - 31

Meigs - 56
point - 14

Eastern - 57
Fed Hock - 43

Waterford - 55
Trimble - 14

Belpre - 61
South Gallia - 37

Southern - 55
Miller - 23

Wahama -
Hannan

dolphin
Waterboy

Post by dolphin »

I ventured out to the nest to watch a little Meigs Co. basketball this afternoon. I was impressed by the Meigs gals. They ended up beating the lady eagles by 10. I thought they really played hard and shot the ball exceptionally well. This is another young group which seems to be improving as they get more experience. I look forward to watching more of these battles in the next few years.

tvcfan8
Waterboy

Post by tvcfan8 »

Looks like things are looking up at Meigs. After a few rough years they look much improved. A program headed in the right direction. Their biddy program was tough a few years ago so hopefully this is paying off. I don't think they've beat Eastern for some time. They played Vinton close if I remember right. How deep would anyone guess this program goes? Is this a program on the rebound? Collins and Pullins of Eastern continue to impress. Congrats Marauders!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

GIRLS BASKETBALL RESULTS - 1/11/2016

Athens - 21
Nelsonville-York - 57

Alexander - 69
Vinton County - 71 (OT)

Meigs - 56
River Valley - 40

Wellston - 22
Jackson - 42

Eastern - 34
Southern - 28

Waterford - 71
Belpre - 45

Trimble - 54
Miller - 42

Fed Hock - 72
Wahama - 13

South Gallia -
St. Joe -

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Big night by Puckett, underwhelmed with Alexander right now. VC/Nelsonville winner to the drivers seat, still possible for a 3 way tie.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

GIRLS BASKETBALL RESULTS - 1/14

Athens - 15
Warren - 61

Alexander - 49
Meigs - 26

Nelsonville-York - 51
Vinton County - 31

Wellston - 37