D3 Districts/Seeding

Hoop Wizard
Waterboy

D3 Districts/Seeding

Post by Hoop Wizard »

Tourney time around the corner. Match Ups/Seedings- Where does your team stand. I look for the Lady Dragons to be the top seed in the Rock Hill sectional. The Athens sectional No. 1 seed would be Alexander. The Valley sectional should be Eastern Brown or Lynchburg Clay. I'd say E.B.'s 2 victories over LC puts them at the top of that sectional. There are some really good teams this year and I'm guessing there will be some upsets along the way. Many teams can lay claim to reasons why they should get a No. 1 seed but the teams above have the best resume's. Wheelersburg/Minford/Ironton are 3 very capable teams that can make a run to the regional title. Eastern with their size and Lynchburg Clay with the Binkley twins and Scott are both very capable of a regional run. Alexander I feel is the odds on favorite to win it and has played the most difficult schedule to ready themselves for the run. Fairland also has a solid shot at making a nice run as well as Nelsonville York and Southeastern. What say you?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: D3 Districts/Seeding

Post by Orange and Brown »

I'm not sure the lady Buckeyes will be able to shoot well enough to make a run. They play solid D but are inconsistent on the offensive end.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
TriStateFan44
Waterboy

Post by TriStateFan44 »

I look for Alexander to represent Southeastern Ohio in the Final 4 this year

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

Orange and Brown wrote:I'm not sure the lady Buckeyes will be able to shoot well enough to make a run. They play solid D but are inconsistent on the offensive end.
Any team that gets blown out by VC will not make much of a run.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

ArmChairQB wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:I'm not sure the lady Buckeyes will be able to shoot well enough to make a run. They play solid D but are inconsistent on the offensive end.
Give VC see credit...
They hit 11 3's in that game.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Eastern Brown

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Southeastern is currently on a 19 game winning streak with nice wins over Miami Trace and Amanda Clearcreek during that stretch. They probably have one of, if not the best player I have watched in the region and the role players are getting better as the season goes along. Not sure they have the supporting cast to win a district but they will be a scary match up for anyone they face.

Hoop Wizard
Waterboy

Post by Hoop Wizard »

Ok. Here goes. Alexander is my odds on favorite to win region as I've said before. When clicking on all cyclinders they will be a tough out. They ran into a buzz saw HHS team but came back Saturday and played at such a high level it was scary. Their defense has to get a bit better to carry them in games the 3 ball is not falling but I really like watching their ball movement and the way they spread the floor. Mace is a beast inside and they have 5 girls who can shoot it.

Lynchburg Clay- a very capable team that could also win the region. 3 great scorers who can shoot and attack off the bounce. Their press is the real deal. Probably missing a rim protector like last year but don't count them out. Fun to watch and fearless. Right behind Alexander at my 2nd pick.

Eastern Brown- beat Lynchburg twice and are the biggest team in region. Their length and height causes teams fits and they can shoot the 3. Tough inside. Love to keep games in the 40's and win with D. My no 3 pick.

Minford- My no 4 pick is very solid and can beat anybody on any given night. They have size/guard play/athleticism/ and play good D. They can shoot the 3 and go inside. Daniels is a difference maker.

Fairland- my no 5 pick. Nice pg play and some size to go along with it. A team that presses well will give them a little trouble. Not sure anyone can step up and carry them when teams take pg away. Their zone is active and masks as a man. Have ability to win region but I feel a year away.

Southeastern- my no 6 but just as easily could be a 2 or 3. Best pure player in area and Wheeler a solid player also. Not sure deep enough to win it but very scary team. Skeens is a beast. Dianna Taurasi type player that could carry a team. Fun to watch.

Ironton- a total mystery. When clicking on all cyclinders they are really good. Watched them yesterday and was dumb founded. Not sure about this team. Have the players to beat anyone. Lack depth but have a solid 3 to 4. Not sure they have that fire they need to get to regional finals. Arden the real deal but still young. I'd let Webb and Arden carry the load and deal with it.

Wheelersburg - has had a great season. Beat Minford twice and will get a higher seed. Excellent guard play which can carry a team this time of year and they play really good D. Another team that likes to keep score in 40 to 50 range.

Nelsonville York- a lot like the Burg. Good guard play and man to man D is good as well. Lack of size hurts them but can give teams fits when shooting well. A tough out for anyone. Played Alex tough this year in conference play.

Match ups are key as any of these teams could upset each other. Just threw this out there for conversation. Have fun with it. Good luck girls as seedings come out and match ups will be discussed. Rep our region well!

Bastogne
Freshman Team

Post by Bastogne »

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Nelsonville-York has to do a better job of making shots. They are small but very fast and play great D, but it's hard to advance in the tournament when you can't score.
The few times they have gotten hot offensively they have looked darn good.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

Orange and Brown wrote:Nelsonville-York has to do a better job of making shots. They are small but very fast and play great D, but it's hard to advance in the tournament when you can't score.
It looks like NY will win one and probably lose their next game.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

ArmChairQB wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:Nelsonville-York has to do a better job of making shots. They are small but very fast and play great D, but it's hard to advance in the tournament when you can't score.
Yea, I think they win the first game but the second game could be a rough one.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
stacey7722
Freshman Team

Post by stacey7722 »

Don't sleep on Lynchburg-Clay. They don't have the size they enjoyed in the last couple of years, but three very athletic prolific scorers. Peyton Scott 462 points 161 rebounds 84 assist and 86 steals. Mckayla Binkley 392 points 207 rebounds, 66 assists and 80 steals. Hannah Binley 354 points, 66 assists and 84 steals. They are a very athletic team that can get up and down. Full court press that you can prepare for, but until you see it live you just don't get the size and speed. The Lady Mustangs may not have the size for a deep run, but I would not want to play them. They are a fearless girls basketball team that scored 1,541 points this season and most of them in the first half.

Eastern Brown is the #1 seed and deservingly so. They are BIG and talented. The Lady Warriors have a few girls that can score, but rely on A. Day inside. This is a disciplined team that likes to slow you down and control the pace of the game. Eastern has a lot of high I.Q. ballers that play their roll for the betterment of the team. The Lady Warriors are very well coached and never go into a game not prepared. If they stick to their style of play they will be a tough out and could make a legit shot at final four. A. Pennington playing a lot more aggressive down the stretch and could be the second scorer they need to make a deep run. Very good team. Not sure how they are 21-1 with some very big wins (Lynchburg-Clay x2) and not even ranked in any polls. Sometimes a little motivation is all a good team needs...

h989
Riding the Bench

Post by h989 »

I predict an Alexander - Lynchburg Clay regional final

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

h989 wrote:I predict an Alexander - Lynchburg Clay regional final
That game is a regional semi final possibility. Eastern Brown and the winner of the eastern district (probably Bellaire or Garaway) would be the other regional semi.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

Orange and Brown wrote:
ArmChairQB wrote:
Yea, I think they win the first game but the second game could be a rough one.
Never sleep on Crooksville. It seems like they cause havoc on both the boys and girls side each year. If NY does win, EB will be tough, but they have played a schedule to prepare them for a match up like that. I think it will be closer than many people think if they do play.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

Orange and Brown wrote:
ArmChairQB wrote:
Give VC see credit...
They hit 11 3's in that game.
Going back for years NY has NEVER played well against Vinton County. VC could be awesome and blow NY out or be down like this year and split the season series. NY just does not seem to match up well with VC.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Alexander is the best "team" in the district that I have watched this year, followed by Eastern Brown. I do hope to see an Eastern Brown 21-1/wins over Lynchburg and Southeastern 21-1/ wins over mid state league champs Amanda Clearcreek and SCOL champs Miami Trace in the district finals, I think this could go either way. Southeastern may match up with the warriors as well as anyone In the district. Could be two 23-1 teams squaring off for a trip to the regionals. Both teams have to take care of business first because anything can happen in the tournament. Best of luck to all the teams participating.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

d-5 wrote:Eastern Brown
:D :D

Return to “Girls Basketball”