at NB

bluedude62
Varsity

Re: Monday scores & schedule - 12/12

Post by bluedude62 »

Oak Hill 47
Minford 50
final
Minford was up 15 with 6+ min left in the 4th and held on.

Warlok
Riding the Bench

Post by Warlok »

New Boston (Plus one ref) 55, Clay 48

RetiredLife
Waterboy

Post by RetiredLife »

a_c_m wrote:New Boston 55 Clay 48
at NB

This was terrible! Close game from start to finish with Clay being on top most of the time. Officiating was the worst I have every witnessed! The ref handed that one to New Boston! Clays 2 strong players get fouled out and convenient calls thereafter. Hard to watch a team battle like that and it is taken away that quick!

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

River Valley - 42
Athens - 35

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

RetiredLife wrote:
at NB

This was terrible! Close game from start to finish with Clay being on top most of the time. Officiating was the worst I have every witnessed! The ref handed that one to New Boston! Clays 2 strong players get fouled out and convenient calls thereafter. Hard to watch a team battle like that and it is taken away that quick!
Always blame the refs... That's what you should teach the kids.

Warlok
Riding the Bench

Post by Warlok »

Shouldn't we teach the kids something about honesty and fair play?

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Ironton 50 something to 30 something for Gallipolis........

Vacated the gym with 2 minutes left in game.............
Last edited by BubbleGumTiger on Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RetiredLife
Waterboy

Post by RetiredLife »

ArmChairQB wrote:
RetiredLife wrote:
at NB

ArmChairQB wrote:
RetiredLife wrote:
at NB

Agree on that but buddy if you were there you wouid understand. Maybe you were but this was obvious! New Boston fans even agreed on it!

RetiredLife
Waterboy

Post by RetiredLife »

ArmChairQB wrote:
RetiredLife wrote:
at NB

And I will add I have no reason to pick sides. I just went to this one knowing it would be a good game. Didn't matter to me who won. But this one was very bad officiating by one of the refs for sure.

Warlok
Riding the Bench

Post by Warlok »

RetiredLife wrote:
ArmChairQB wrote:
RetiredLife wrote:

ArmChairQB wrote:
RetiredLife wrote:

Agree on that but buddy if you were there you wouid understand. Maybe you were but this was obvious! New Boston fans even agreed on it!
Not all of them did! Sorry to say!

Pantherfan
Freshman Team

Post by Pantherfan »

The starting point guard was out for Clay also. This was a game that Clay had in hand most of the night. Clay looked liked the better team tonight and at times it looked like Clay was going to run away with the game. Then as many young teams do, they would make silly mistakes and let New Boston stay close. That ended up being fatal. The second half and especially 4th quarter officiating was one sided. Particularly by the referee that is from New Boston. Clay was up 4 or 5 late in the 4th quarter and picked up three fouls in a row. The charge that was called on Warnock when she fouled out, wasn't even close. I was feet away and saw it very clearly. It was a bad call that came a few minutes after another Clay player fouled out and gave Clay's best player her 5th foul and sent the coach into a rage. It was a one point game at that point. The Clay coached picked up the technical for arguing the inconsistent calls (rightfully so). Hats off to New Boston, they hit their free throws when they had to. The Hamilton girl played well and is very hard to stop when she is on.

Good luck going forward to both teams.

RetiredLife
Waterboy

Post by RetiredLife »

Pantherfan wrote:The starting point guard was out for Clay also. This was a game that Clay had in hand most of the night. Clay looked liked the better team tonight and at times it looked like Clay was going to run away with the game. Then as many young teams do, they would make silly mistakes and let New Boston stay close. That ended up being fatal. The second half and especially 4th quarter officiating was one sided. Particularly by the referee that is from New Boston. Clay was up 4 or 5 late in the 4th quarter and picked up three fouls in a row. The charge that was called on Warnock when she fouled out, wasn't even close. I was feet away and saw it very clearly. It was a bad call that came a few minutes after another Clay player fouled out and gave Clay's best player her 5th foul and sent the coach into a rage. It was a one point game at that point. The Clay coached picked up the technical for arguing the inconsistent calls (rightfully so). Hats off to New Boston, they hit their free throws when they had to. The Hamilton girl played well and is very hard to stop when she is on.

Pretty accurate!

Pantherfan
Freshman Team

Post by Pantherfan »

RetiredLife wrote:
Pantherfan wrote:The starting point guard was out for Clay also. This was a game that Clay had in hand most of the night. Clay looked liked the better team tonight and at times it looked like Clay was going to run away with the game. Then as many young teams do, they would make silly mistakes and let New Boston stay close. That ended up being fatal. The second half and especially 4th quarter officiating was one sided. Particularly by the referee that is from New Boston. Clay was up 4 or 5 late in the 4th quarter and picked up three fouls in a row. The charge that was called on Warnock when she fouled out, wasn't even close. I was feet away and saw it very clearly. It was a bad call that came a few minutes after another Clay player fouled out and gave Clay's best player her 5th foul and sent the coach into a rage. It was a one point game at that point. The Clay coached picked up the technical for arguing the inconsistent calls (rightfully so). Hats off to New Boston, they hit their free throws when they had to. The Hamilton girl played well and is very hard to stop when she is on.

Pretty accurate!

All the details may not be correct. My memory is getting bad the older I get. LOL It was a great game. I hated to see it end the way it did.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Whiteoak 46
Manchester 40

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

BubbleGum Tiger wrote:Ironton 50 something to 30 something for Gallipolis........

Vacated? You mean you left or they cleared the gym?

h989
Riding the Bench

Post by h989 »

Alexander 65
Vinton County 37

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Western 64 Eastern 29

Waverly 65 Valley 37

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

4thgoal wrote:
BubbleGum Tiger wrote:Ironton 50 something to 30 something for Gallipolis........

Vacated? You mean you left or they cleared the gym?
sorry............I left..........cold beverage was calling............................

Return to “Girls Basketball”