Monday scores & schedule - 12/12

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Re: Monday scores & schedule - 12/12

Post by CharlieHustle »

Pantherfan wrote:
RetiredLife wrote:
Pantherfan wrote:The starting point guard was out for Clay also. This was a game that Clay had in hand most of the night. Clay looked liked the better team tonight and at times it looked like Clay was going to run away with the game. Then as many young teams do, they would make silly mistakes and let New Boston stay close. That ended up being fatal. The second half and especially 4th quarter officiating was one sided. Particularly by the referee that is from New Boston. Clay was up 4 or 5 late in the 4th quarter and picked up three fouls in a row. The charge that was called on Warnock when she fouled out, wasn't even close. I was feet away and saw it very clearly. It was a bad call that came a few minutes after another Clay player fouled out and gave Clay's best player her 5th foul and sent the coach into a rage. It was a one point game at that point. The Clay coached picked up the technical for arguing the inconsistent calls (rightfully so). Hats off to New Boston, they hit their free throws when they had to. The Hamilton girl played well and is very hard to stop when she is on.

Good luck going forward to both teams.
Pretty accurate!

All the details may not be correct. My memory is getting bad the older I get. LOL It was a great game. I hated to see it end the way it did.
Oh yes, very accurate.

False, not accurate (in Dwight Schrute voice). There were 0 referees from New Boston. 2 of the officials were from Waverly, and the other from Franklin Furnace. You have the typical fan mindset of "oh I better they're from here - homers!", and you're dead wrong. Those officials couldn't give 2 #*!$-' about who won that game.

Take a lap.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

Marietta 08 07 21 11 -- 47
Warren. 13 13 17 11 -- 54

Marietta never led, falling behind 11-2, 26-12, and 43-30. But they cut it to 48-45 with 3 minutes left and from 3 minutes down to 1 minute left they had the ball 4 or 5 times trailing 48-45 and didn't convert any of those possessions into points. They got their 7th foul of the half with just under a minute, putting Warren in the bonus, still with a 48-45 score, and they made two consecutive pairs of the one and bonus and that was it. Warren was 14/15 on FTs for the game and 6/6 in the 2nd half -- the front end of the first one and bonus was a "brick", but by some miracle went in. Marietta was 11/11 on FTs in the 2nd half. I had Emily Jackson with 21 points including 4 treys in the 2nd half, and the only FT miss(along with 5 makes) for Warren in the game.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Way to go BIG BLUE, one of my favorite girls rivalry games, big win for the ladies!

And you are right, what clutch FT shooting by both teams.
Last edited by thebarlowbandit on Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

ArmChairQB wrote:
RetiredLife wrote:
a_c_m wrote:New Boston 55 Clay 48
at NB

This was terrible! Close game from start to finish with Clay being on top most of the time. Officiating was the worst I have every witnessed! The ref handed that one to New Boston! Clays 2 strong players get fouled out and convenient calls thereafter. Hard to watch a team battle like that and it is taken away that quick!
Always blame the refs... That's what you should teach the kids.

Agreed armchair: that is about all this site is come basketball season. I'd like to start a chart for every poster and count how many games they post on and how many they complain about officiating. And then those who blame it all on officials!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

^I'd probably be in the elite 8 :lol:

RetiredLife
Waterboy

Post by RetiredLife »

CharlieHustle wrote:
Pantherfan wrote:
RetiredLife wrote:
Pretty accurate!

All the details may not be correct. My memory is getting bad the older I get. LOL It was a great game. I hated to see it end the way it did.
Oh yes, very accurate.

False, not accurate (in Dwight Schrute voice). There were 0 referees from New Boston. 2 of the officials were from Waverly, and the other from Franklin Furnace. You have the typical fan mindset of "oh I better they're from here - homers!", and you're dead wrong. Those officials couldn't give 2 #*!$-' about who won that game.

Take a lap.

I know the one ref isn't from New Boston. And I know that the ref didn't lose the game for Clay. But I do know that one ref made some very obvious bad calls that did allow New Boston to catch up and take the lead. Clay did play a better game at this game and looked as they would have won it based off that. It just got out of hand toward the end. I do think the charge call was accurate but some of the other fouls and and missed calls were sketchy. I hate hearing refs being blamed and not one to do that but this one ref had a bad night of calling. The technical the coach got didn't help as both foul shots were made. The fouling out of two good defensive players hurt and put New Boston on the ft line to just add the points. New Boston did well on the Ft line and that was big.

Gopher
Varsity

Post by Gopher »

Ironman92 wrote:Whiteoak 46
Manchester 40
That's 1

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

Eastetn 57 - SG 12
It was a major blowout but eastern can play much better than that.

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

NY 41 Miegs 30

Return to “Girls Basketball”