New Boston----- 5-1
Clay----------- 4-2
Symmes Valley---4-2
Western-------- 2-4
East ----------- 2-4
Eastern--------- 1-5
Green---------- 0-6

Good luck to all SOC1 teams!
Last edited by Pantherfan on Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:38 pm, edited 6 times in total.

js7_22
Varsity

Re: SOC1 Standings

Post by js7_22 »

Notre Dame blows out Clay 51-31 tonight.

RetiredLife
Waterboy

Post by RetiredLife »

js7_22 wrote:Notre Dame blows out Clay 51-31 tonight.
This one surprised me. I missed this one but heard that Clay had an off night and ND started off strong. ND has some standouts as Clay has several, but never plays the same mix game to game it seems. ND has Schafer and Smith that make a great combo as Clay has Warnock, and the point guard along with the freshman post that I have seen play. They can all do big things when they play their cards right. I plan to go watch the Waverly and Clay game Sat.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

Both teams missed bunny shots all night. But Clay was outmatched on the court. Notre Dame's defense was the major key, they made it tough on Clay most of the night (minus some missed bunny shots by Clay). Clay has some athleticism but Notre Dame has too much size inside and guards able to shoot outside for Clay to handle.

Clay and East again will be a tough one. New Boston knocked off East last night. If ND knocks NB off Saturday, it could be a one horse race in the SOC 1.

Smith for ND didn't have very many minutes, she came off the bench for them. ND starts a freshman at one of the guard positions.

RetiredLife
Waterboy

Post by RetiredLife »

js7_22 wrote:Both teams missed bunny shots all night. But Clay was outmatched on the court. Notre Dame's defense was the major key, they made it tough on Clay most of the night (minus some missed bunny shots by Clay). Clay has some athleticism but Notre Dame has too much size inside and guards able to shoot outside for Clay to handle.

Clay and East again will be a tough one. New Boston knocked off East last night. If ND knocks NB off Saturday, it could be a one horse race in the SOC 1.

Smith for ND didn't have very many minutes, she came off the bench for them. ND starts a freshman at one of the guard positions.
That's about the what the summary was that I got. But Smith meaning the post player Smith, not the guard Smith. She was the V-ball girl Smith.

RetiredLife
Waterboy

Post by RetiredLife »

RetiredLife wrote:
js7_22 wrote:Both teams missed bunny shots all night. But Clay was outmatched on the court. Notre Dame's defense was the major key, they made it tough on Clay most of the night (minus some missed bunny shots by Clay). Clay has some athleticism but Notre Dame has too much size inside and guards able to shoot outside for Clay to handle.

That's about the what the summary was that I got. But Smith meaning the post player Smith, not the guard Smith. She was the V-ball girl Smith. Lexi is her name.

REFEREE11
Riding the Bench

Post by REFEREE11 »

RetiredLife wrote:
RetiredLife wrote:

That's about the what the summary was that I got. But Smith meaning the post player Smith, not the guard Smith. She was the V-ball girl Smith. Lexi is her name.

Here is my take on the SOC 1 from what I have seen. I have got to watch both of these teams and I feel they are pretty balanced other than ND having height. Clay is young but have 2-3 talented girls. ND has 2-3 as well. Both teams have a freshman in starting line ups but play different positions. Looking at rosters Clay definitely has the younger group of both of them. I was impressed watching both of these teams, my prediction is ND coming out on top but Clay having it hands down over the next few years.

As for SOC 2 Minford is solid as Burg too. I think it's going to be a toss up but leaning towards Minford in the toss up!

Pantherfan
Freshman Team

Post by Pantherfan »

Clay looked out matched from my perspective also. I don't think the talent gap was as large as it appeared to be. I think that a lot of Clay's looking outmatched was because they didn't do a very good job of preparing for this game. I don't know if the coach put in new plays or what happened but it was obvious most of the night that Clay didn't know how to run the sets that were being called by the coach. This led to several turnovers and/or poor shots being taken. I am not taking away from the aggressive Notre Dame defense either, they were tough and played very well but Clay's hesitation on offense and not knowing or executing their sets helped. If you want to compete for a title you better make sure your team is prepared.

Notre Dame looked to be the better team, played more aggressively on offense and defense while Clay looked soft and sloppy. The Notre Dame coach out coached the Clay coach by a wide margin and the Notre Dame players out played the Clay players by a significant margin as well. Notre Dame looked to be very well prepared and knew what they wanted to do on offense and defense and executed it. Clay looked un-prepared, unsure and confused.

Notre Dame is in the driver's seat right now. However, they can be beaten. New Boston, Symmes Valley and Clay are still in it and can beat Notre Dame. They just don't have as much room for error as Notre Dame does.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

REFEREE11 wrote:
RetiredLife wrote:
RetiredLife wrote:

Here is my take on the SOC 1 from what I have seen. I have got to watch both of these teams and I feel they are pretty balanced other than ND having height. Clay is young but have 2-3 talented girls. ND has 2-3 as well. Both teams have a freshman in starting line ups but play different positions. Looking at rosters Clay definitely has the younger group of both of them. I was impressed watching both of these teams, my prediction is ND coming out on top but Clay having it hands down over the next few years.

As for SOC 2 Minford is solid as Burg too. I think it's going to be a toss up but leaning towards Minford in the toss up!
I'm not sure about hands down over the next few years. ND's coach still has Dettwiller (6'2"?) Lexi Smith, Ali Smith, Hoover and Schmidt back next year. Not to mention the Hadsell girl coming up from 8th grade that would start on any team in southern Ohio as a freshman.

It'll be a great time in SOC 1 basketball. New Boston and East seem to be on the up and up, but with Eastern down this year, they can only go up in my opinion.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

Pantherfan wrote:

Clay looked out matched from my perspective also. I don't think the talent gap was as large as it appeared to be. I think that a lot of Clay's looking outmatched was because they didn't do a very good job of preparing for this game. I don't know if the coach put in new plays or what happened but it was obvious most of the night that Clay didn't know how to run the sets that were being called by the coach. This led to several turnovers and/or poor shots being taken. I am not taking away from the aggressive Notre Dame defense either, they were tough and played very well but Clay's hesitation on offense and not knowing or executing their sets helped. If you want to compete for a title you better make sure your team is prepared.

Notre Dame looked to be the better team, played more aggressively on offense and defense while Clay looked soft and sloppy. The Notre Dame coach out coached the Clay coach by a wide margin and the Notre Dame players out played the Clay players by a significant margin as well. Notre Dame looked to be very well prepared and knew what they wanted to do on offense and defense and executed it. Clay looked un-prepared, unsure and confused.

Notre Dame is in the driver's seat right now. However, they can be beaten. New Boston, Symmes Valley and Clay are still in it and can beat Notre Dame. They just don't have as much room for error as Notre Dame does.
Well said.

Pantherfan
Freshman Team

Post by Pantherfan »

Trying to find out who won between Eastern and Green to update the standings. If anybody knows, please reply to let me know.

tigercat1
Varsity

Post by tigercat1 »

Eastern beat Green 41-33.

I will add that Blizzard from Green suffered an apparent knee injury last night. I hope and pray that she is okay.

Pantherfan
Freshman Team

Post by Pantherfan »

tigercat1 wrote:Eastern beat Green 41-33.

I will add that Blizzard from Green suffered an apparent knee injury last night. I hope and pray that she is okay.

Thanks tigercat1! Prayers for Blizzard.

Pantherfan
Freshman Team

Post by Pantherfan »

Standings updated.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

Notre Dame 54, New Boston 50. Titans stay undefeated in league play, 5-0 overall

Pantherfan
Freshman Team

Post by Pantherfan »

Updated 12/10

RetiredLife
Waterboy

Post by RetiredLife »

Watched Waverly vs Clay and it was a good one. OT with Clay winning. The Smith girl #24 on Waverly is a baller. SSU has a good one coming! Watched New Boston and Notre Dame. With Notre Dame winning. Another good close game. Soc 1 is definitely up for grabs.

observer
Waterboy

Post by observer »

js7_22 wrote:
Pantherfan wrote:

Well said.
Agree, I think if Clay had their game on that day it would have been a different ball game. They seemed to be out of sync that night compared to what I have seen in other games. I didn't see much of a mismatch as much as not being prepared. This week will be a big week for SOC 1!

tigercat1
Varsity

Post by tigercat1 »

Western beat Eastern 64-29 on Monday evening.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

observer wrote:
js7_22 wrote:
Pantherfan wrote:

Well said.
Agree, I think if Clay had their game on that day it would have been a different ball game. They seemed to be out of sync that night compared to what I have seen in other games. I didn't see much of a mismatch as much as not being prepared. This week will be a big week for SOC 1!
Mismatches were underneath. Guards were evenly matched I believe.

Clay losing to New Boston was a big victory for NB.

Return to “Girls Basketball”