Ironton vs. Oak Hill

MightyOaksFan
SE

Ironton vs. Oak Hill

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Both ranked in the top ten by the Ohio Girls Basketball report with the Lady Oaks coming in at number 1 and Ironton at number 10. The rankings don't matter in this one as it is a rematch of last years' regional final game. I look for a big crowd in Oak Hill on Dec. 27.

Ole_Cuzin_Funk
Freshman Team

Re: Ironton vs. Oak Hill

Post by Ole_Cuzin_Funk »

I may try to attend this game. Is Oak Hill pretty good?? Seems like I havent seen them play in months!!!!!

sportygrl
Riding the Bench

Post by sportygrl »

I know the Elswick kid can't wait. A matter of fact she is excited about this one and would like to see as much orange and black in the stands as we do the Oaks supporters.
Last edited by sportygrl on Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oakie from Muskogee
Freshman Team

Post by Oakie from Muskogee »

Here we go Oak Hill, here we go!!!!!

bryanc45
JV Team

Post by bryanc45 »

It should be a good game Oak hill has some pretty good players mikie, bre, taylor are just a few and our reserves are playing well too. I know that paige wanted to play but i think her ankle still sore.

bryanc45
JV Team

Post by bryanc45 »

I didn't know that anyone know for sure. Someone said that elswick and bre butler are cousins.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

IRONTON (5-1)

W Ironton 53..............Fairland 39
L Huntington, WV 57.....Ironton 49
W Ironton 62..............Chillicothe 22
W Ironton 56..............Ashland 43
W Ironton 48..............River Valley 40
W Ironton 50..............Huntington WV 39

Oak Hill (5-0)

W Oak Hill 75.............Minford 29
W Oak Hill 87.............Portsmouth West 49
W Oak Hill 71.............South Webster 31
W Oak Hill 85.............Northwest 40
W Oak Hill 73.............Reedsville Eastern 37
Last edited by ohbuckeye2 on Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bryanc45
JV Team

Post by bryanc45 »

Oak Hill lady Oaks fans lets support our #1 and undefeated lady oaks. Fill the stands and wear your oak hill shirt show your support Go Lady Oaks.

sportnut
Riding the Bench

Post by sportnut »

bryanc45 wrote:Oak Hill lady Oaks fans lets support our #1 and undefeated lady oaks. Fill the stands and wear your oak hill shirt show your support Go Lady Oaks.
/
Last edited by sportnut on Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Leaving Minford
Freshman Team

Post by Leaving Minford »

sportnut wrote:
bryanc45 wrote:Oak Hill lady Oaks fans lets support our #1 and undefeated lady oaks. Fill the stands and wear your oak hill shirt show your support Go Lady Oaks.
Coming in undefeated doesn't mean squat; look what happened last time. Ironton has the best player in division 3.
Agree wholeheartedly with your first statement. Records do not mean anything.
Couldn't disagree more with your second statement. She has the best stats because she has to. She is the Ironton team. She isn't even the best player in the southeast district and won't be the best player on the floor Monday night. Yeah, she will get her stats but best player in Division 3? Don't think so.

bryanc45
JV Team

Post by bryanc45 »

yes that true it doesn't been anything being undefeated because a team can lose on any giving day. I just know it will be a tough game and a long game for our ladies if they can't stop nikki elswick.

sportnut
Riding the Bench

Post by sportnut »

Leaving Minford wrote:
sportnut wrote:
Coming in undefeated doesn't mean squat; look what happened last time. Ironton has the best player in division 3.
Agree wholeheartedly with your first statement. Records do not mean anything.
Couldn't disagree more with your second statement. She has the best stats because she has to. She is the Ironton team. She isn't even the best player in the southeast district and won't be the best player on the floor Monday night. Yeah, she will get her stats but best player in Division 3? Don't think so.
/
Last edited by sportnut on Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ole_Cuzin_Funk
Freshman Team

Post by Ole_Cuzin_Funk »

LMAO. That last sentence made me tinkle my pants. Because I refuse to ever put another kid down, I wont name any names of who I would think is a better player. But that is a huge statement. And best in D3??? Wow. Good Luck to all the girls and Ill see ya all tomorrow night.

bryanc45
JV Team

Post by bryanc45 »

i tend to disagree i think we have alot of talent on the lady oaks team.

sportnut
Riding the Bench

Post by sportnut »

Its good to disagree. That's what will make this one game exciting. I hope there's a packed house there to support BOTH teams. Good luck and remember....don't count any of the Tigers out and be fooled that they are a one man team. That's impossible! Now isn't it?

bryanc45
JV Team

Post by bryanc45 »

Yes it is impossible. Its like our team has said many teams "There is no I in team" i hope there is a big crowd tonight and i hope it is a good safe game i don't want to see anyone get hurt even though i am rooting for the Oaks that includes the tigers as well. I hope we can hit our three pointers. Also i look for the jv game to be a good game the lady Oaks have some very good jv girls coming up.

Buckeye84
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye84 »

Does the JV start at 6:00?

bryanc45
JV Team

Post by bryanc45 »

Yes jv at 6 and varsity at 7:30 or 20 minutes after jv game and it is 5 dollars to get in but i say the game will be worth the admission.

bryanc45
JV Team

Post by bryanc45 »

If your going to go game have fun and enjoy the game. And if your coming from ironton into town have a safe trip i know how curvy and bad state route93 can be. Good luck and both teams stay injury free.

sportygrl
Riding the Bench

Post by sportygrl »

Congrads to the Oaks for being a well rounded team
Last edited by sportygrl on Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Girls Basketball”