SOC 1 and 2 Predictions and Thoughts

KY.BUCKEYE
Freshman Team

Re: SOC 1 and 2 Predictions and Thoughts

Post by KY.BUCKEYE »

Does Webster have any help for EJJ? Cook healthy?

G0 BuCKs
Onthefence
Freshman Team

Post by Onthefence »

Oak Hill got 2 transfers. Not sure how many games they will have to set out. I know last year the twins that transfered from South Webster to Oak Hill had to set out 10 games. I think it will be between minford and oak hill.

Onthefence
Freshman Team

Post by Onthefence »

Oak Hill got 2 transfers. Not sure how many games they will have to set out. I know last year the twins that transfered from South Webster to Oak Hill had to set out 10 games. I think it will be between minford and oak hill.

Noodle319
Freshman Team

Post by Noodle319 »

Only know of one transfer and will play a very talented freshman. Lady Oaks should make some noise.

Alwaysanoak
Waterboy

Post by Alwaysanoak »

The senior from Gallia Academy moved into the district. And the Freshman came back from River Valley. No setting for either.

reds4life
Waterboy

Post by reds4life »

Oak Hill had a really good 8th grade guard that should be a freshman. As for Ruby, that gives Burg an entirely different look if she is on the court. In fact, I would strongly urge any parent of a young girl that wants to learn how to play defense to come watch Ruby. It's a clinic in fundamentals of defensive footwork and how to play with tenacity. Great, great athlete that has worked hard to get there.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Oak Hill will do fine this year. Lead by the Blanton sisters who I believe are seniors. I look for the Oaks to get back on track and have a winning season this year.

Looks like West is playing some solid ball which is good to see. At this point I see Minford and Burg as clearly the two best teams in the league. After winning 14 games last year look for Waverly to win several games again this year.

CoachC
Freshman Team

Post by CoachC »

toast wrote:Oak Hill will do fine this year. Lead by the Blanton sisters who I believe are seniors. I look for the Oaks to get back on track and have a winning season this year.

Looks like West is playing some solid ball which is good to see. At this point I see Minford and Burg as clearly the two best teams in the league. After winning 14 games last year look for Waverly to win several games again this year.
Thanks for the props for our West girls. We are taking "baby steps", but hope to be competitive throughout our schedule. Our time is coming.

RetiredLife
Waterboy

Post by RetiredLife »

I watched the East and Clay game tonight and it was a good one! Very physical! Both of those teams are tough!

Pantherfan
Freshman Team

Post by Pantherfan »

RetiredLife wrote:I watched the East and Clay game tonight and it was a good one! Very physical! Both of those teams are tough!

I also watched this game. I agree that it was a very physical game. It was a game that either team could have won. East has two or three very very good players and looks like they can beat anyone in the league. They easily could have won this game and played very physical and tough. They are definitely one of the best teams in SOC1, and if they had more depth I think they would be one of the top teams in the area. They are 1-2 right now but I expect they will be in the division race up to the very end. They can beat anybody if they stay out of foul trouble and remain injury free.

Clay has 1-2 very very good players, but they also have about 7 or 8 good players behind them. They play with tenacity, and agressiveness, and are very smart. As a team they had the highest GPA in the state of Ohio of any team regardless of the size of school. They keep coming at you the entire game. When they get tired, or a player misses an assignment, they are are able to substitute anybody from their bench without much of a drop-off. This team is still very young and will have up and down games most likely, but they will compete for the title this season and be very competitive in this area for the next few years.

REFEREE11
Riding the Bench

Post by REFEREE11 »

After this season is underway, I think Western can be thrown in the toss up for the title. My predictions were ND, Clay, and East. I think Western is right there now. New Boston might surprise too. I watched East and Western with Western winning and East and Clay with Clay winning. All 4 of those teams have talent. East has a small team with little depth. Brown stood out at that game to me. They had to mainly play with 5-6 the whole game while Clay has depth. Clay has some young talent, but you can't tell their age. I saw the freshman play last year in 8th grade and she will be a big asset. She got in foul trouble and didn't have ball in her hand much, but she can play. Young guards and post players. Warnock and the guards stepped up when they got the ball. I don't know much about Western but I thought they looked like they can be one to prepare for in both ends of the floor. Haven't got to watch ND yet this season but just based off last year they have my vote for one of the top 3. This year definitely is going to be a toss up with a lot of talent out there!

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

After watching the Burg/Minford game last night, with Burg winning 55 to 54 , I believe that it will come down between these 2 teams. Minford plays big and have some talented guards. I was really impressed with this Burg Team , very fast and have many shooters on the team. Full court press the entire game.

hoops37
Waterboy

Post by hoops37 »

Anybody have standings for soc 2 through almost one round of play?

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

hoops37 wrote:Anybody have standings for soc 2 through almost one round of play?
5-0 Wheelersburg
5-1 Minford
4-2 South Webster
3-2 Oak Hill
3-3 Waverly
1-5 Valley
1-5 West
0-4 Northwest

This should be close.

Return to “Girls Basketball”