Lady Chiefs

Tall One
Freshman Team

Lady Chiefs

Post by Tall One »

Not much chitchat going on. How did team camps go? The Jr high girls looked very strong in the Wilmington shootout. They tied for first. Mostly all 7th graders playing against mostly 8th graders. As I have been saying the future looks bright. What about coaching changes? Maybe not enough girls for a freshmen team and who will be the freshmen coach if there is a team?

Tall One
Freshman Team

Re: Lady Chiefs

Post by Tall One »

Wow not much going on I guess. Where's Tuffenhunden, Qualified, Ole Chief, The Jackal and the others that had so much too say last summer. I am hearing thru the rumor mill that my old buddy isn't coaching this year. Any truth to this? He wasn't at the shootout in wilmington, so maybe, hopefully he has been replaced. I know he is not coaching 7th grade this year, so maybe he's gone.

Who are the prospective starters for the Varsity? Cassady, Topf, Evans, Klingenberg and who? Linton, simons?

dave
Riding the Bench

Post by dave »

Who was coaching at Wilmington?

sitting in the stands
Riding the Bench

Post by sitting in the stands »

My guess is that this season there won't be much chatter. Everyone seems to be keeping all quiet. Time will put all the information out I suppose.

Tall One
Freshman Team

Post by Tall One »

Rick and Troy were coaching at wilmington. There was no BS there.

shakennotstirred
Waterboy

Post by shakennotstirred »

looks to be another loaded varsity team. with veterans cassidy, topf, evans and klingenburg along with an undefeated reserve team that saw alot of reserve players get moved up throughout the year, should be a great season. should be a quick athletic in-your-face defense type of team with lots of easy buckets created by that swarming defense.

md2020
Varsity

Post by md2020 »

Logan BB: Another season approaches yet seems a way off but will close fast. As for the outlook for the varsitiy girls this year there is a lot of potential right down the line. Klingenburg, Evans, Cassady, Topf up front with Murphy, Linton, Graf, Wagoner (juniors) , McClain and Collins (sophomores) that I have seen this summer. There are several others that are going to be in the mix but it is difficult with all the activities going on during the summer break to be at all the basketball outings.

Two varsity girls played in Cleveland this past weekend so the season might be done as soccer , volleyball and golf are in the works.

Nagol1
Freshman Team

Post by Nagol1 »

Summer went well! Many girls stepped up their games! Looking forward to a season with no distractions!

shakennotstirred
Waterboy

Post by shakennotstirred »

what distractions?

sitting in the stands
Riding the Bench

Have been hearing that a couple of lady chiefs from last year may not be playing this year. I hope that the rumors are not true, but we all know how rumors can fly. Lots of activities going on right now, see how the dust settles out and how this group of ladies steps up to play the game this winter.

Nagol1
Freshman Team

Post by Nagol1 »

Those who want to be there, will be there when season starts.

Nagol1
Freshman Team

Post by Nagol1 »

Excellent thought!

chosen1
Waterboy

Post by chosen1 »

WITH WHAT DISTRACTIONS??THE ONLY "DISTRACTIONS" I HEARD OF WAS THE DRAMA GOING ON IN WITH THE VARSITY GIRLS OVER A NUMBER(23) :?: :?: :?: ?

Nagol1
Freshman Team

Post by Nagol1 »

Old news! Let's move on!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Go Lady Chiefs

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

any good rumors going around?

hayseed
Riding the Bench

Post by hayseed »

No, I haven't heard any rumors. I think open gym has begun, I wonder how that's going? Who will be the freshman coach this year?

sitting in the stands
Riding the Bench

I believe that Gregg Landis is to be the new freshmen girls coach. Surprising as to how a female sport such as the Ladies program has NO female coaches.
Another piece of sad news. Loryn Cassidy is out for the season with a knee injury. I feel really bad for her. She is an excellent ball player and will be greatly missed. Best of luck to her as she undergoes surgery and the healing process. She will be back next season I am sure.

dave
Riding the Bench

Post by dave »

Where did coach Burns go?

Return to “Girls Basketball”