Re: Logan 2015-16

Post by noreply66 »

Athens didn't look good against Warren last night

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Jumpstop
Waterboy

Post by Jumpstop »

Runnersfan wrote:Logan might just be able to avenge themselves against Athens this year. Too bad they chose to pass for "better" competition. However, in this case, that might be true. Athens will not be the same Athens. Definitely a rebuilding year. The mistake Athens makes is putting all their eggs in one basket and only developing their starters from middle school on. That works when you have 5 strong players, on of which is a Doseck. But anything can happen and if you don't have depth,you are going to be in trouble. It is extremely early in the season to make predictions about a whole season. But if the roster is mostly made up of the JV, it may be a rough year. On the positive side, Mcneal will have no choice but to develop all his players. Only good can come from this strategy. Rebuilding is more about the future than the present. However, there are strong players that are not playing for some reason. Maybe they knew the season would be tough without Doseck. If that's the case, shame on them.

McNeal told me last night that he is having to do a lot of "UN-teaching" from the previous coach in regards to fundamentals and defense, and even though some of those kids who didn't come out could help, that they had so much to learn that long term he will be better off working with the young kids. anywhere he's been he's done great things when he's had time. I know he still communicates with former players from Lousiana and Kentucky and they are very appreciative of all the things he's done for them. The kids who stay for Coach will be Champions!

Runnersfan
Riding the Bench

Post by Runnersfan »

Interesting that a successful team would need "un-teaching". I thought the trouble was loosing who ever the "4" best players were and being mostly a JV skill level team. Not to question his wisdom, but to have a good program,you really have to develop all your players, not just your favs. Without depth, you cannot have longevity in the success department. Unless you recruit.

Jumpstop
Waterboy

Post by Jumpstop »

Runnersfan wrote:Interesting that a successful team would need "un-teaching". I thought the trouble was loosing who ever the "4" best players were and being mostly a JV skill level team. Not to question his wisdom, but to have a good program,you really have to develop all your players, not just your favs. Without depth, you cannot have longevity in the success department. Unless you recruit.

I never said anything about "4" best players leaving, all I can attest to is what Coach told me last time we caught up, which was lots of things to "UN-teach" because all they did in the past was rely on one player. Hope to make it to a few games this year and check them out myself.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Four best players not playing is mentioned in the topic TVC girls Basketball

Jumpstop
Waterboy

Post by Jumpstop »

noreply66 wrote:Four best players not playing is mentioned in the topic TVC girls Basketball

I did not state that, so why "quote" me on that???? I know Coach wants no excuses, and your use of my post in quotes (erroneously) looks like an excuse.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I didn't say you did so why ask..Look at my post it is not a quote. I didn't mention the person that said it. I put the topic ..so it could be looked up to see who said it.

You jumped the gun there.

Runnersfan
Riding the Bench

Post by Runnersfan »

Whoops, my bad. I wasn't quoting. It was just like noreply said. The 4 player remark was from another thread. And I agree with you jumpshot. I think they did rely a lot on one player. And that one player really elevated the play of the other 4. Anyway, Logan would definitely beat Athens if they played right now. We'll see how the season progresses and how Athens improves. But I'm going to guess this rebuilding phase may take a year or two. Logan should have a great year. Good luck to all!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Runnersfan wrote:Interesting that a successful team would need "un-teaching". I thought the trouble was loosing who ever the "4" best players were and being mostly a JV skill level team. Not to question his wisdom, but to have a good program,you really have to develop all your players, not just your favs. Without depth, you cannot have longevity in the success department. Unless you recruit.
Gilkey, Stone, and Oberg. That's three 6 foot girls. You can't teach 6'

Runnersfan
Riding the Bench

Post by Runnersfan »

True.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

How did the Lady Chiefs look Saturday?

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

noreply66 wrote:How did the Lady Chiefs look Saturday?
The girls completely dominated Unioto. I can't remember the final score, 70 something to 30 something maybe? The Chiefs displayed how much of a complete team they are. Getting into the paint with ease, finishing with contact, great 3-point shooting, INCREDIBLE defense. I just remember steal after steal after steal. They are a very aggressive team, especially with perimeter defense.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Thanks

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logan was led by

Bosch 15 points
McNeal 7 Rebounds
Bosch 6 Assists
Lunsford 6 steals

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Lady Chiefs lost yesterday to South Charleston, 57-50 in the Rio Grande Classic. South Charleston is one of the best teams in WV.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Logan beat Marion Harding last nigh 62/42

Warren.....4.....2..........0.....0
Logan.......3.....2..........0.....0
Jackson.....2.....3..........0.....0
Gallipolis...0.....4..........0.....0

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Chieftain2009 wrote:Lady Chiefs lost yesterday to South Charleston, 57-50 in the Rio Grande Classic. South Charleston is one of the best teams in WV.
Too bad St Joe didn't play South Charleston at Rio. Be a good ole little school vs big school beat down.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Is the game with Wheelersburg broadcast tonight? Got SAM FM on now and the Eddie Trunk Show is a jamming.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I was wondering as well.Maybe Scott and Misty didn't make the trip or got sidetracked somewhere,the game before them was at 6:15 so it should be over by now,this is a huge game,maybe biggest of the regular season for Logan :(

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Actual game time start wasn't suppose to be until 8:00. I'm a wondering. Some more misleading media info I guess. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Girls Basketball”