Amy Hughes Back At Ironton?

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Amy Hughes Back At Ironton?

Post by The Instructor »

I heard today that Amy Hughes was going to be the new basketball coach for Ironton.

Does anyone know if this is true?

Slim Jim
Varsity

Re: Amy Hughes Back At Ironton?

Post by Slim Jim »

It's obvious she wasn't happy for the most part in Chillicothe.The tell tale sign of that to me is, why didn't she just take a aministrative job up there and continue to coach? She could have....I think all mistakes can be rectified and Ironton has finally came to grips that they made a horrible mistake letting her go three years ago...Please God let this happen!!

Captain Cavalier
Freshman Team

Post by Captain Cavalier »

I hated to see her leave Chilly, but you would had to have been a moron not to see the Woman wasn't happy, especially this past year.She just didn't seem to be the same coach that we got from Ironton three years before.Her zest and passion seemed to be tempered a bit.If this will make her happy and bring back her zest and passion for coaching i'm all for it.Best of luck to her...

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

If she gets her zest back, as you say, she will be awesome.

She didn't want to leave Ironton and her team didn't want to see her go either.

Ironton deserves great coaches for boys AND girls.

A lot of time, the females don't get great coaches. They get whoever will take the job.

The guy coaching now is terrible. He is not good for the girls.

I was tempted to write a letter to the Ironton Tribune about his coaching practices.

If you know me, I am not the type to do this, so it has to be bad for me to do that type of thing.

I hope Coach Hughes returns to Ironton!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

why did she leave Ironton in the first place, if she did not want to?

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

Well, that was the time when there was a lot going on with people not being happy with Mr. Parker, the A.D.

Some say that she left, the boy's coach left and Mr. Lewis went to Raceland because of this situation.

This might not be the only reason.

I guess she would have to answer that as well as the other two gentlemen answering for themselves too.

Anyway, I know many people who would like to see her return.

bj439500
Waterboy

Post by bj439500 »

Is Ironton looking for a girls basketball coach?

Interested In All
Riding the Bench

Post by Interested In All »

From reading the paper Coach Graham has his basketball camp scheduled. I would think that if his job is open that he would not be conducting a camp. Has this job been posted at the school or open to the public for applicants? I think it is just wishful thinking on some peoples part that want a change.

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

From my understanding the job is open every year.If the Ironton BOE wants Amy as coach she will be coach.I remember someone telling me they hired Amy over another established coach the first time around.So they could very well do it again.I believe the Coach's name was Richardson??

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

The Instructor wrote:Well, that was the time when there was a lot going on with people not being happy with Mr. Parker, the A.D.

Some say that she left, the boy's coach left and Mr. Lewis went to Raceland because of this situation.

This might not be the only reason.

I guess she would have to answer that as well as the other two gentlemen answering for themselves too.

Anyway, I know many people who would like to see her return.

I know I do...

Interested In All
Riding the Bench

Post by Interested In All »

I hear that the only job open in the system is that of the former assistant high school principal. That job hasn't been filled as far as I know.The basketbal job would have to be posted inside the system first

The Instructor
SEOPS Hippo

Post by The Instructor »

I would love to see her return.

They need a top notch coach and she certainly is one.

I know parents and students would like to see her return too.

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

The Instructor wrote:I would love to see her return.

They need a top notch coach and she certainly is one.

I know parents and students would like to see her return too.

BRING AMY BACK!!! I'm with you Instructor!!!

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

I have no stake in the matter. I am involved with the SHL, but I have a few comments to make. First from what I know of Coach Hughes, she is a very good coach. Second, any time I had an opportunity to talk to or see Coach Graham in action, he was very good as well. Any time I have talked to him, he was always a class act and respectful person to both his opponents and his players. So, although getting Amy Hughes as a coach would be nice, keeping who you have right now would be great as well.

We have too many parents and fans at various levels of sports now who always want things to be perfect every second of every day in regards to coaches, and the worst part is everybody's perfect is different. It is always a lose lose situation for coaches. In one person's eyes, they are doing wonderful and in another's, they are the worst coach ever. Let coaches do their jobs!!

fightingtigers45
S

Post by fightingtigers45 »

Please take this down. It is completely false.

Pepsiman
JV Team

Post by Pepsiman »

fightingtigers45 wrote:Please take this down. It is completely false.

Why take it down? No one said it was a sure thing,everyone is just discussing the possibilty of her return.

fightingtigers45
S

It is completely false...Thats why take it down. It is a rumor, and a bad one at that.

Doug Graham is the Ironton Girls Basketball Coach. No discussion needed.

Pepsiman
JV Team

Post by Pepsiman »

This is a discussion board,the question has been asked and if members want to discuss it then so be it.
I don't think it is up to you to say what can and cannot be discussed.

fightingtigers45
S

Pepsiman wrote:This is a discussion board,the question has been asked and if members want to discuss it then so be it.
I don't think it is up to you to say what can and cannot be discussed.

Rumors used to be against the rules, but they no longer are...The discussion should now be closed. Doug is the coach.

And, it could be taken down due to the bashing of a coach:

The guy coaching now is terrible. He is not good for the girls.

Pepsiman
JV Team

Post by Pepsiman »

There is nothing in the rules about discussing rumors. As for the coach bashing a poster stated an opinion that hardly qualifies as bashing.What part of this do you not get? It was asked if Amy was going to be the coach at Ironton and if it were true. Members are expressing their desire to see her come back. If a member does not like it I would suggest they don't read it.
My vote is keep it up for discussion.

Return to “Girls Basketball”