To all the Oak Hill Haters out there...

madpolecat
All State

To all the Oak Hill Haters out there...

Post by madpolecat »

CRY ME A FRAKKIN' RIVER!!!!!

The girls who wore the Oak Hill uniform on Saturday in the state championship game are all LADY OAKS, whether by choice or by accident of geography, and they did a more than respectable job against one BADASSSSSS team from Regina High School.

All of those girls made a commitment to the Oak Hill basketball program, a commitment to being the best basketball team they could be. They all attend school there and many participate in other sports. Oak Hill takes the credit and responsibility for their athletic prowess and their academic progress. Those girls also made a commitment to Oak Hill and the school made a commitment to them.

Please, all you whiners out there, keep your Hickory High School mentalities to your selves and maybe give just a little a bit of credit to a team full of girls and coaches and a program that decided that it wants to be something more than "just another good team" from Southeastern Ohio.

Slim Jim
Varsity

Re: To all the Oak Hill Haters out there...

Post by Slim Jim »

Sounds to me like you all are looking for consolation or validation for being beat by the better team.I see that in alot of the posts since the game ended.There is no consolation or validation in losing.The only consolation you can take is to get better.Good Luck in doing so..
Last edited by Slim Jim on Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

yeah, to start this topic wasn't a good idea in my opinion. You are opening yourself and team to more ridicule. Let it go. The Lady Oaks had a great season and a great tournament run. Good luck to them in the future.

abnormal
Waterboy

Post by abnormal »

Yeah, who put a knot in your shorts?

Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

KarlAgathon wrote:CRY ME A FRAKKIN' RIVER!!!!!

Please, all you whiners out there, keep your Hickory High School mentalities to your selves and maybe give just a little a bit of credit to a team full of girls and coaches and a program that decided that it wants to be something more than "just another good team" from Southeastern Ohio.

I will ask only one question, what was the price of that decision?

Out of respect for the young ladies, I will not comment. But soon will be starting my own posting. Stay tuned.

buckeye21
JV Team

Post by buckeye21 »

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure that KarlAgathon is not from Oak Hill. He is just stating his support for the girls.

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

abnormal wrote:Yeah, who put a knot in your shorts?

?

Rumpus
Waterboy

Post by Rumpus »

The fastest ways to make these posts go away is not to reply to them. Look how the Wellston situation has died down.

Even though, we know where that came from. We even know where the button men came from. They were useful though, got the the job (man) done.

76ers
Waterboy

Post by 76ers »

Kenny Bixx wrote:
I will ask only one question, what was the price of that decision?

priceless

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Hey Agathon, Why ya puttin down Hickory High School (Milan, Ind.), they won a state title !!!!! (p.s. - with no recruits)

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Watched a DVD on the Waterloo Wonders the other day. I just have one question, were all of them originally from Waterloo?

oneoak
Varsity

Post by oneoak »

According to a story about the Wonders at http://www.hoopsusa.com/frm_story.cfm?a=653, Beryl Drummond, a member of the Waterloo Wonders was a 5'8" transfer student from Cadmus, where he had played second string.
Last edited by oneoak on Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

Sold your soul.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

But didn't another play come in with the coach? So have things really changed that much?

Downtown
Freshman Team

Post by Downtown »

Curt McMahon came from Windsor High school with Hairston.

lady_oaks_fan3362
JV Team

Post by lady_oaks_fan3362 »

Kenny Bixx wrote:Sold your soul.

Isn't that a bit extreme. God is not in the baskerball recruiting business. Give it a rest.

falconater
Freshman Team

Post by falconater »

I don't like the transfer concept but the answer is for schools to make their own programs attractive to players. You cannot blame a player for wanting to be in a successful program.
The price paid is by the players in the home district that lose playing time or don't make the team. To many schools tolerate the mediocre. It is time for them to wake up. They are competing for the state dollars that follow students.

I Why condemn Oak Hill for being successful. now, if you have evidence of recruiting, report it and if true, OHSAA should come down hard.

AAU: a cesspool of bad things that is probably is not a particularly good thing for other than elite players.

All the above is my opinion.

Steven A.
Waterboy

Post by Steven A. »

Teams from cincinnati, cleveland, columbus, dayton, toledo, akron-canton get 4 or more teams to the final four every year. Southeastern Ohio struggles to get one there. We should not get upset at a kid for wanting to play for a winning program and having a chance to get to Columbus. Winning brings exposure! Is it fair? absolutely not! but it is what it is. I've got a friend who coaches in one of these cities and his program knows every year if they got a player w/ D1 ability he will end up at one of the private schools. I will support any team from southeastern ohio if they get to the state even if my home town loses a kid to another local school. I honestly believe we couldn't compete with these schools if we didn't do it this way. I am not from Oak Hill , but I will being in Columbus this week cheering Norm and the Oaks on.

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

I say we let it go. Season is over talk about next year. The Caudill girl and Puckett are very tough. The freshman Butler can score. Strite does a nice job running the offense. I think those four with whoever you want to plug in the fifth spot makes one heck of a starting five. I don't know if you can keep Caudill off the floor next year. Coach Hale's biggest problem is having to spread the ball around to so many good players. Good problem to have ;-)

Rumpus
Waterboy

Post by Rumpus »

Hate is a very strong word.

People form their opinion based on perspective.

Time to let it go, except for the hitters. They know what's up.

Return to “Girls Basketball”