attendance at Lancaster for girls

bball fan123
Freshman Team

attendance at Lancaster for girls

Post by bball fan123 »

never seen a girls game this crowded before.. awesome crowd from Oak Hill fans

Last edited by bball fan123 on Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hoopin
Freshman Team

Re: attendance at pickerington for girls

Post by hoopin »

That looks like Lancaster's gym. Was this yesterday at the OH/SP game?

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

i think it was at lancaster?

slamdunk
Varsity

Post by slamdunk »

Very nice pictures and congrats to the Lady Oaks on headed to the Final Four.

Only thing is the game was at LANCASTER not pickerington. Glad you made it to the right place to take pictures! :-D

PicketFence
Waterboy

Post by PicketFence »

hoopin wrote:That looks like Lancaster's gym. Was this yesterday at the OH/SP game?

I think you're right, bballfan I'm sure meant Lancaster, not Pickerington. Heck of a crowd nonetheless!

bball fan123
Freshman Team

Re: attendance at Lancaster for girls

Post by bball fan123 »

I saw the pictures on the southern ohio photos thing i thought it said Pickerington for some reason.. I wasn't even at the game but that is a huge crowd from the looks of those pics :122246

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

This is why they need to keep the girls out of the Convo. Look at this crowd. It had to be louder and a better atmosphere then at the Convo.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Athens78, people can't get to the Convo because you can not keep the pot holes filled on the Richland Avenue bridge. You need to get back to work and fill those holes, for the city.

Maybe they should take the boys out of the Convo too, since you have already "guaranteed" that the girls will out draw the boys at the Convo. You are speaking out of both sides of the mouth.

P.S. How is Athens baseball going?

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

we had a great crowd we even had about 100 people on south points side CONGRATS LADY OAKS

dolittle
Riding the Bench

Post by dolittle »

When a government census employee was asked why he was counting the Oak Hill people at the game. He remarked, "Why go door to door when I can count them here!" :lol:

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

dolittle - That was really good.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

exactly why it should be at the convo. i wonder how many more people would have come knowing that they wouldnt have to fight for a seat.

whythehale?
Riding the Bench

Post by whythehale? »

The atmosphere is so much better at Lancaster though. Yes there is more room for the fans at the convo, but in Lancaster the fans are right there. When your a player, that is amazing!

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

I agree,Sounds like you had a big turn out,but the biggest cheering section I ever saw at Lancaster was Jonathon Alder's in 05'.Their whole side was nothing but kids...But they all went home sad because Ironton sent them packing...What a game that was...I also agree that it's nice the girls got to play at the Convo, but the better atmosphere is in the regular District and Regional venues the girls play at in Waverly and Lancaster.

lady_oaks_fan3362
JV Team

Post by lady_oaks_fan3362 »

Black Panther wrote:I agree,Sounds like you had a big turn out,but the biggest cheering section I ever saw at Lancaster was Jonathon Alder's in 05'.Their whole side was nothing but kids...But they all went home sad because Ironton sent them packing...What a game that was...I also agree that it's nice the girls got to play at the Convo, but the better atmosphere is in the regular District and Regional venues the girls play at in Waverly and Lancaster.

As an avid basketball fan, give me a local gym to the Convo anyday. I might change my opinion if they would pull the bleachers out at the Convo. Lancaster dis an excellant job of hosting this event but it sure would have been nicer to have it at Jackson (even with the parking fee) because they have air conditioning. It was HOT at Lancaster.

We even had Monroe Central fans on our side to support the Lady Oaks. They proved they are a class act. Thanks for your support.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

LOL....Lancaster was great....except for NO air conditioning ! Jackson has a parking fee, and Ohio University is too spacious! Let's find something else to bitch about :)

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

:-D :-D I don't care where the Oaks play at as long as they end up in the FINAL FOUR :-D :-D

buckeye221
Freshman Team

Post by buckeye221 »

There was not 100 Oak Hill fans on the South Point side LOL...geeeeez what an exageration. There were some Oak Hill fans on the SP side close to the Oak Hill bench, but not 100!

I was so impressed with the Oak Hill crowd there, was not an empty seat on their side at all. Everyone knows basketball is life in Oak Hill. (not much else to do hehe just teasing and all). Seriously, I think its great how they support their school!!! I really do, it was awesome to see that many people. That is what is so great about high school sports I think! It was a great atmosphere at Lancaster, much better than the Convo. I was impressed with the South Point crowd...considering it was 2 1/2 hours away and other events were going on that same day in South Point. I saw tons of people there from South Point that I never would have dreamed would come out to the game, especially being so far away.....it was great! South Point is so proud of their girls!!! Everyone is hoping to make a couple more trips next year and the year after to support the Lady Pointers! :-D Keep it up...you gals are so talented!

Return to “Girls Basketball”