Player of the Year- SOC II

who should win?

Total votes: 0

OakHillOaks
Freshman Team

Player of the Year- SOC II

Post by OakHillOaks »

WHO SHOULD WIN?
Last edited by OakHillOaks on Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:12 pm, edited 6 times in total.

seohiofan
JV Team

Re: Player of the Year- SOC II

Post by seohiofan »

good idea let preps decide lol

lady_oaks_fan3362
JV Team

Post by lady_oaks_fan3362 »

seohiofan wrote:good idea let preps decide lol

who knows, might be smarter than the politics involved in the vote that matters. lol lol

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

It's gotta be the MVP of the best team................Adkins

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Cook is the best player in the league without a doubt (just look at the colleges keeping tabs on her). But the way Oak Hill dominated the league, I think the award probably goes to one of their players...probably Adkins.*

seohiofan
JV Team

Post by seohiofan »

art_vandelay wrote:Cook is the best player in the league without a doubt (just look at the colleges keeping tabs on her). But the way Oak Hill dominated the league, I think the award probably goes to one of their players...probably Adkins.*

im sure colleges are keeping tabs on her shes a great player but im sure they are also looking at others
Cook maybe best scorer in the league but when you add it all up wins, losses ,assists passing ahead for an open teammate ,making the right pass at the right time doing anything to help her team win its hard to argue against Adkins

Run & Gun
Riding the Bench

Post by Run & Gun »

Adkins should win this award hands down. She is not only a good player but she works hard to make sure that her team wins. Cook is an excellent player but she would rather put up 30 and have her team lose then to make passes and win the game. Adkins is willing to give up scoring completely to make her team win and Cook only wants to make her stats look good, which is understandable when trying to get college attention, but that doesn't make you POY because you have to be an all around good player.

I feel that the right decision will be made, everyone knows who the best all around player is, not just the best scorer.

sportsfan9572
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan9572 »

Best of luck to all. Oakhill and Minford have a lot of talent on their teams and it takes a lot for a player to "standout" and both teams have players that do so.

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

Kayla is more of a team player than U know. I would be willing to bet U that she is leading the team in assists as well as scoring an is a close 2nd in rebounding behind Erin Sherman. If the box scores is all that u see or just maybe one or two game then u DONT KNOW her that well. She is a team player an the best player in Southern Ohio.

Good Luck to all thats in the running for this award. An Good Luck to all the SOC teams that is left in the Tournament!!!

Run & Gun
Riding the Bench

Post by Run & Gun »

I have seen Kayla play since she was little. I know her and I know how she plays! I have my opinion from talking to her and watching her and seeing how she plays the game. My opinion stands on the situation.

abnormal
Waterboy

Post by abnormal »

She probably has the most assists because she's the one that always has to have the ball. I would even put McManus ahead of Cook simply on how she plays both ends of the court.

no not really
Waterboy

Post by no not really »

Emilee Metzler from Oak Hill should also be getting some attention!! Baller!

sportsfan9572
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan9572 »

I have to agree with a lot everyone is saying above. But POY should be somebody who plays offense, defense, rebounds, assists and can score. She should have a great attitude and be willing to do what it takes to make her team the best it can be. She should have good stats across the board. The ability to stand out on a team of players with the same ability to win this award doesn't hurt either. So I'm not putting down anyone. There are a lot of girls who deserve this but I have to say some from Minford and Oakhill would be more in the running IMO.

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

Run & Gun wrote:...Cook is an excellent player but she would rather put up 30 and have her team lose then to make passes and win the game...

And the winner for the Academies most "Monumentally Stupid" post of the year award goes to...Run & Gun.

Plain ignorance!

PinkLady
Waterboy

Post by PinkLady »

Although Cook is an excellent player I also agree that she wants herself to look good. She plays hard but she does come off as being about her stats more than the team. Whoever wins this award will be who the coaches feel in the best player and what everyone says on here doesn't even come into play.

I'd go with Adkins though

FalconX
JV Team

Post by FalconX »

Cook was named SOC II Player of the Year. It's in today's Portsmouth Daily Times. Congrats to Kayla!

http://www.portsmouth-dailytimes.com/pa ... umn&open=&

gunit
Freshman Team

Post by gunit »

IMO, which doesn't mean much, she is definately the best player in the SOC. I can't believe that people are on here talking about her being a me first player. Classy player and person from what I have seen.

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

CONGRAD to KAYLA COOK on being named SOC II PLAYER OF THE YEAR :!: :!: :!: :!:

PinkLady
Waterboy

Post by PinkLady »

I thought this wasn't decided until after all SOC teams are out of the tournament. . and its CONGRATS not CONGRADS

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

Ill say it anyway I want!!!! :lol: :lol:

Return to “Girls Basketball”