Waterboy

Soc player of the Year

Post by Slam_dunk44 »

Any ideas about who should get it?

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Re: Soc player of the Year

Post by a_c_m »

Slam_dunk44 wrote:Any ideas about who should get it?

The question is "Do you have an idea about who should get it" ?

It could be you!

Smile!

Slam_dunk44
Waterboy

Post by Slam_dunk44 »

Uh...Okay

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Um.......let me think here...maybe Kayla Wiley? Of course it's gonna be Kayla Wiley for all those who don't know!

Slam_dunk44
Waterboy

Post by Slam_dunk44 »

Maybe....she's really good but i think there are other players in the league who can compete with her...so maybe you'll be surprised

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

Sorry, but I don't think so. The next player that it could be is Dani Summers, but she doesn't come close to Wiley. I think the POY pick is pretty well set. Wiley just does everything on both ends of the floor.
Last edited by CharlieHustle on Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Slam_dunk44
Waterboy

Post by Slam_dunk44 »

You seriously think Dani Summers is the next best? Whatever...

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Slam_dunk44 wrote:You seriously think Dani Summers is the next best? Whatever...

Why don't you put in your pick for player of the year? You do not like any one else's pick, but you won't give your opinion either.

The obvious choice would be Kayla Wiley in Division I. New Boston Glenwood might even have my second choice as well.

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

Slam_dunk44 wrote:You seriously think Dani Summers is the next best? Whatever...

Yeah I do, she would be my 2nd choice. But, she's still nowhere near to Wiley.
Top Picks for POY
1. Kayla Wiley
2. Dani Summers
3. Alyssa Raines
4. Rachel Staker

PopCorn
Freshman Team

Post by PopCorn »

What about Buckley? Don't let her be overshadowed by the talents of Wiley. She can drop three pointers all night long too. She kept them in the game against SV and I have noticed she has led scoring a few other times as well. :aaaaa41

thebull
Varsity

Post by thebull »

What teams are in the SOC?

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

The small school division, which is Division I in the Southern Ohio Conference has the following schools:

New Boston Glenwood
Portsmouth Clay
Franklin Furnace Green
Willow Wood Symmes Valley
Sciotoville Community School (East)
Latham Western
Beaver Eastern
Portsmouth Notre Dame

The larger division, which is Division II has:

Oak Hill
South Webster
Minford
Lucasville Valley
Wheelersburg
Scioto Northwest
Waverly
Portsmouth West

The girls named above all from the small school division.

the_spectator
Waterboy

Post by the_spectator »

Buckley? I dont think so. I dont think her sportmanship is very good.
Yea probably wiley.

steelersfan
Waterboy

Post by steelersfan »

scarlet_gray wrote:Sorry, but I don't think so. The next player that it could be is Dani Summers, but she doesn't come close to Wiley. I think the POY pick is pretty well set. Wiley just does everything on both ends of the floor.

There is no reason why Dani Summers could not be player of the year. She is just as capiable of getting POY as Kayla Wiley is. No, she is no Kayla Wiley, but Kayla is no Dani Summers either. Both these girls are great players in their own ways. If anyone deserves player of the year it is one of these two. My pick is Summers or Wiley, I believe they both deserve it.

the_spectator
Waterboy

Post by the_spectator »

you make a nice point steelers fan...my vote would be summers.

Mr_player
Freshman Team

Post by Mr_player »

Either Summers or Wiley deserves it.
Def. not Buckley because all she can do is shoot, and has AWFUL sportsmanship

I would vote Summers tho

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

This is asinine, you guys don't watch Kayla Wiley do you? There is no reason why Wiley won't get POY.The only reason why Dani Summers can be mentioned in the same paragraph as Wiley is because she is taller than most of the girls around her. Summers has 3 or 4 inches on Wiley, and Wiley still shut her down; Wiley is a better guard than Summers and is even a better post player than Summers! Kayla Wiley will be SOC POY while the Lady Tigers also win the SOC title(3rd year in a row FYI).

-varsity-
JV Team

Post by -varsity- »

in my opinion, the glenwood lady tigers have 3 possible candidates 4 POY and they r of course, kayla wiley and the other 2 r missy buckley and alyssa "shaq" raines..i think that each 1 of these girls are the best in the league at their respected positions. kayla wiley is jus crazy. she is the ultimate floor genaral. she knows exactly wat 2 do when she has the ball. missy buckley is just lights out..she hits omost everything she shoots..she is an excellent shooter but thats not the only thing good about her game. she is a exceptional defender and when she isnt lighting it up from bhind the arch, she finds 1 of her teamates..usually wiley or raines..to do the job. she can always get to the hole when she wants 2. alyssa raines is just a beast underneath..ive been 2 every game but 1 and it was @ west union so it doesnt matter bcuz its a non-confrence game. but every soc game she has just dominated. no1 i repeat no1 can out-rebound her.

and as 4 summers..get out of town..there is no way she should even b in discussion 4 this award..she doesnt step when her team needs her. and if my memory serves me correctly, summers scored whoppin 6 points on wiley in the tiger den. she had an exceptional game at clay..but hey...every1 has atleast 1 decent game in their career.

the lady tigers are loaded..outside of the BIG 3 they have miranda call who can hit the jumper when needed and kaci mcnutt who can just take care of business underneath when she wants 2.

2nite the lady tigers r goin 4 a 3rd consecutive SOC title!!

GO LADY TIGERS!!

candystore
Varsity

Post by candystore »

-varsity- wrote:in my opinion, the glenwood lady tigers have 3 possible candidates 4 POY and they r of course, kayla wiley and the other 2 r missy buckley and alyssa "shaq" raines..i think that each 1 of these girls are the best in the league at their respected positions. kayla wiley is jus crazy. she is the ultimate floor genaral. she knows exactly wat 2 do when she has the ball. missy buckley is just lights out..she hits omost everything she shoots..she is an excellent shooter but thats not the only thing good about her game. she is a exceptional defender and when she isnt lighting it up from bhind the arch, she finds 1 of her teamates..usually wiley or raines..to do the job. she can always get to the hole when she wants 2. alyssa raines is just a beast underneath..ive been 2 every game but 1 and it was @ west union so it doesnt matter bcuz its a non-confrence game. but every soc game she has just dominated. no1 i repeat no1 can out-rebound her.

and as 4 summers..get out of town..there is no way she should even b in discussion 4 this award..she doesnt step when her team needs her. and if my memory serves me correctly, summers scored whoppin 6 points on wiley in the tiger den. she had an exceptional game at clay..but hey...every1 has atleast 1 decent game in their career.

the lady tigers are loaded..outside of the BIG 3 they have miranda call who can hit the jumper when needed and kaci mcnutt who can just take care of business underneath when she wants 2.

2nite the lady tigers r goin 4 a 3rd consecutive SOC title!!

GO LADY TIGERS!!

I have no problem with you picking a lady tiger( probley bc u go 2 nb) :122249
But, you shouldnt be talking about other players,Kayla Wiley is well deserving of POY.But, so is summers?

softball_player
Waterboy

Post by softball_player »

OK scarlet-gray let's think this through. On another thread you said Dani Summers is a great player but she's the only thing Clay has. If she is the only thing Clay has she must be pretty good because Clay has a pretty good record-especially in the SOC1.
Then you say that the only reason she is mentioned in the same paragraph as Kayla Wiley is because she is taller than everyone else.
Make up your mind. Good or no good?
Generally the POY somes from the team that wins the SOC (exceptions being made win Clay wins in softball). I don't know who will get it but either one is deserving.

Return to “Girls Basketball”