Unioto 60, Waverly 21 FINAL*

Black Panther
SEO

Unioto 60, Waverly 21 FINAL*

Post by Black Panther »

I know Unioto is good, but is Waverly that bad?? Is Rhea still coaching the Lady Tigers?

G&B from huddle
JV Team

Re: Unioto 60, Waverly 21 FINAL*

Post by G&B from huddle »

Nikki McGinnis is the new coach for Waverly this year.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Unioto was up 17-0 after one.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

danicalifornia wrote:Unioto was up 17-0 after one.

Did you go to the game? I'm hoping to see the Chilly/Hunt-Ross game next Friday.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

G&B from huddle wrote:Nikki McGinnis is the new coach for Waverly this year.

I thought I had heard he didn't return as coach this year.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I didn't make it down, but that was my report I got. I knew it was going to be ugly and I didn't feel real motivated to drive to that.

You going to the CHS game tonight?

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

No,cant make it tonight...Looks like a good one to see...I hope to see quite a few this year though.

tiger_balla
Freshman Team

Post by tiger_balla »

Waverly is young overall...started 2 seniors, 1 junior, 1 sophomore, and a freshman at point guard....it will certainly be a growing and learning year.....coach mcginnis has inherited a program that has had no (or limited) biddy ball...which means skills that should have been developed several years ago are now trying to be developed at the high school level.... this is something that should never have happened, but it did and it now has to be dealt with... it is clear that the girls program has not been developed over the past several years...that is not going to change overnight...Coach mcginnis must instill in the girls confidence, belief and attitude of success...NOT AN EASY TASK!
it appears that the Tigers are working hard and even though they have a long way to go, the girls seem to have the right attitude...hope that can continue....

barman
Riding the Bench

Post by barman »

We made the trip for this one and it was hard to watch. Waverly had numerous chances, but did not score until there was 2 min left in the half, down 20+ to 0. Lots of turnovers by both teams and the game seemed to take a long time to get through. Both teams will play better down the road, I am sure. For the U, that better be on Tuesday, at Adena.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

They won by 39,how bad could it have been? By nature blowout games sometimes cause some sloppy play.This sounds like a classic butt kicking to me....

barman
Riding the Bench

Post by barman »

At the risk of sounding hyper critical, Unioto did not play very well, imho. They had way too many unforced turnovers. The pressure D looked really good at times, but the 1/2 court offense and defense was a mixed bag at best. They are going to have to get lots better to have the kind of year all are expecting. What someone said above about the lack of biddy ball at Waverly explains most of what we saw. Hang in Lady Tigers and you will show dramatic improvement !

Return to “Girls Basketball”