OVC Previews

DragonFan
Freshman Team

OVC Previews

Post by DragonFan »

Had to work and couldn't make it to the previews. How did the schools look?

wemufans
All Conference

Re: OVC Previews

Post by wemufans »

Winners were: River Valley over Chessy, Fairland over Rock Hill and South Point over Coal Grove
Here's my take on the whole situation.

South Point, Coal Grove and River Valley all looked really good. All three played great at times and then had lapses in defense and couldn't make a shot for nothing. Fairland and Rock Hill both looked very young and played young as well. Chessy will be the middle of the OVC unless maybe they get Rufner back and she doens't play as a freshman does.

I look for the OVC to be:
South Point
Coal Grove or River Valley
Chessy
Fairland
Rock Hill

RV FAN
Riding the Bench

Post by RV FAN »

How close was the talent level between South Point and Coal Grove?

OVC1999
Waterboy

Post by OVC1999 »

I've been to two of South Point's scrimmages and one of Coal Grove's scrimmages. My take on the talent level is South Point did not play as well as they played in their scrimmages at previews. They weren't connecting, and played sort of lazy. However, Coal Grove played better in Previews than they played at the scrimmage I watched of theirs. As far as talent goes, South Point has more talent and more depth, but Coal Grove is right there behind them, and they have heart. South Point has a pretty steady bench they can count on, whereas, Coal Grove kind of drops off after that 6th (wo)man. I am excited to see the 2 teams face off in the conference play. It will all depend on which one of them teams show up to play! Good Luck to both teams.

conehead
Freshman Team

Post by conehead »

Did everyone play just varsity or did they mix it up?

ballrmom
Freshman Team

Post by ballrmom »

coal grove mixed it up it was tied 28 to 28 and coach miller put r jv in i think the teams looked ok it will just come down to who wants it more. there is some very good talent from sp @ cg their going to be some good games this season............ good luck to all the teams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

peake450
Freshman Team

Post by peake450 »

Didn't the panthers only start one of their starters, and for the whole game they never did play the starting five.

OVC1999
Waterboy

Post by OVC1999 »

You're correct. Gue didn't play his starters together. Chesapeake should be competetive this year in conference play. Towards the end of the season and tournament time they were beginning to be a force to be reckon with. Looking forward to catching a few of their games.

Return to “Girls Basketball”