IRONTON VS. COLUMBUS AFRICENTRIC---YOUR THOUGHTS

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

IRONTON VS. COLUMBUS AFRICENTRIC---YOUR THOUGHTS

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

THE LADY FIGHTING TIGERS WILL PARK THE FIGHTING TIGER GREYHOUNDS IN COLUMBUS AS THEY SPORT A 27-0 RECORD AGAINST THE LADY NUBIANS. FINAL 4======== YOUR THOUGHTS.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Re: IRONTON VS. COLUMBUS AFRICENTRIC---YOUR THOUGHTS

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

I have no clue. Still taking in win over RW.
I know Affricentric sees the final four regularly.
I just feel like IHS is so well balanced, anything can happen.
I will say, I was extremely concerned with playing Ridgewood..They really played a tough schedule & tough league play. Teams consistiently in the final four. So, with RW peaking I was concerned.
But now I know how balanced, in shape, well coached, & talented IHS truly is, I think the sky is the limit. I thought RW's 6-1" Fenton would be the difference if IHS shutdown tingle, but they kept Fenton @Bay too, so...
I'm hoping for an IHS victory once more
&
I'll be here.
Different time,
Different day
different team,
different arena,
But my place remains the same, here in Orlando & I'm one proud IHS alum!
ROCK ON LADY FIGHTING TIGERS!!!

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

I saw Africentric in District Championship vs Cardington. Africentric won 70-30.
Africentric will full court you all night long. The guards are quick. They subbed a lot the night I saw them and continued with pressure even with a big lead.
The have a couple bigs that can run the court. They seemed to be more comfortable running the floor rather than run 1/2 court offense, however I read when they won the Columbus City League Championship they did run a 1/2 court offense but changed the pace of the game with there defensive full court intensity.

To beat Africentric you will have to handle their pressure, rebound the ball and not be intimated by their athleticsm.
They are young so the kids will be playing on new stage so state tournament experience should not be a advantage for Africentric.
They have been their before but not with these kids.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

I don't know what they have this year, but the years Fort Frye played them, The Lady Nubians were very good, but not invincible. Break the press and they are just another good team.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Teamwork & hard play, like IHS pulled off today, will be the key to success.
Even with barrier being dbl teamed & held @ her lower end of scoring, the team stepped up & won to a talented team today & teamwork was the key. I think this needs to continue for IHS success. IHS can win this way & by relaxing and enjoying what they are doing. It's high school , ENJOY IT!
I think IHS has as good a chance as any of the final four!
Last edited by Tjhtygeverve on Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

THE LADY FIGHTING TIGERS CAN GET R DONE. 1 PLAY, 1 POSSESSION, 1 GAME AT A TIME.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Talking to Africentric people last night, they seem excited for Ironton girls since it should be fast paced.

Go Ironton

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Raider6309 wrote:Talking to Africentric people last night, they seem excited for Ironton girls since it should be fast paced.

Go Ironton
I would have liked to have seen that game. It was in New Lexington? Metamora is on the NW border of Ohio & Michigan. I used to drive thru there when I took shortcuts from Kalamazoo (wmustudent) back home to Ironton.
Anyway, although we've read CA runs & guns & same for IHS, I wouldn't be surprised to see Ironton's opponent try to slow the pace again.

You never know. ???

It'll be a good one. Is it the first or second game in the final four?
Thanks!
GOTIGERSGO!!!

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

Tjhtygeverve wrote:
Raider6309 wrote:Talking to Africentric people last night, they seem excited for Ironton girls since it should be fast paced.

Go Ironton
I would have liked to have seen that game. It was in New Lexington? Metamora is on the NW border of Ohio & Michigan. I used to drive thru there when I took shortcuts from Kalamazoo (wmustudent) back home to Ironton.
Anyway, although we've read CA runs & guns & same for IHS, I wouldn't be surprised to see Ironton's opponent try to slow the pace again.

You never know. ???

It'll be a good one. Is it the first or second game in the final four?
Thanks!
GOTIGERSGO!!!
second game........

http://brackets.myohsaa.org/regionalbra ... 5109&not=4

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I WAS GONNA SAY TELL HIM ABOUT THE BRACKETS TOO BUBBLES.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

I noticed in the brackets, IHS, having a rank of 9 & Gilmour academy, Affricentric, or Marion pleasant not having a rank. Is this for home team determination, or just a typ O? Or does it represent something?

ALSO, I was thinking of another Lexington high school.( New Lexington) much more to the south, I remember IHS running into them or John Glenn, HS in football . Idt, it's the same anyway. It's just a substantial drive for Metamora. Hey, it's the ohsaa !. Ya never know.

Switzerland
Waterboy

Post by Switzerland »

Tjhtygeverve wrote:I noticed in the brackets, IHS, having a rank of 9 & Gilmour academy, Affricentric, or Marion pleasant not having a rank. Is this for home team determination, or just a typ O? Or does it represent something?

ALSO, I was thinking of another Lexington high school.( New Lexington) much more to the south, I remember IHS running into them or John Glenn, HS in football . Idt, it's the same anyway. It's just a substantial drive for Metamora. Hey, it's the ohsaa !. Ya never know.
That was the final AP rankings. Ironton 9th and Marion Pleasant was 10th. The other 2 teams were not ranked going into post season.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Thanks for the info.
I always like to research the next team as much as possible with tons of searching. I could discuss their FG %'s - every defense- 2 minute offensive keep away schemes they use @ this point.
They definitely sub a lot to wear down each Opponent.
Here's a Columbus dispatch article on their region final win over Evergreen.
Hope some find it interesting:

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories ... amora.html

It turned out to be a dead link on copy & paste. If you just google the game you can read the article & watch interviews.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

GOOD LUCK TO THE LADY FIGHTING TIGERS!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

GOOD LUCK TO THE LADY FIGHTING TIGERS TODAY AGAINST THE LADY NUBIANS. GO TIGERS.

H2O4RD
Freshman Team

Post by H2O4RD »

Good luck to Ironton. Ill be pulling for you guys to put the smackdown on some Nubians.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Here we go LADY FIGHTING TIGERS. It's almost tipoff time. I am hoping, wishing & praying you can pull this game off & be the closer on the next. You've got what it takes, let it flow & become champions in the next two days & bring a celebration to the Ironton community!!!
GOTIGERSGO!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

can someone send me a link to click on my computer is having brain farts

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Ironton up 5-0, timeout Nubians!!!!

Return to “Girls Basketball”