IRONTON VS. COLUMBUS AFRICENTRIC---YOUR THOUGHTS

artisgilmore
Varsity

Re: IRONTON VS. COLUMBUS AFRICENTRIC---YOUR THOUGHTS

Post by artisgilmore »

Tigers 8th grade team was unbeaten in 7th and 8th.combined 37-0.That's what they were saying.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

For those interested...
I have retraced all the steps I took to refind out the info I found on africentrics girls roster info & I just cannot replicate it @ this time. I know I found a seated team photo of them for 2015-2016. It included a small write up about the outlook on the upcoming season & every players hometown.
ALL girls were from Ohio. I remember 3 from Middletown & only TWO from C-bus.
I will continue to look, but I've spent Atleast two hours searching & I just can't find it. I sure wished I saved it as a fave, but only a few days out from the Ironton matchup, I found no need to. DARNIT!

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

Isn't #23 for Ironton a transfer? Wasn't she from Greenup County.

Isn't basketball, but Ironton has been known to have one or two tranfers over the years on the gridiron.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I have also searched for anything showing where the A.C. players came from.

I did think a large part of them was from the Columbus area, but not many have been in the A.C. system all that long.

The bottom line is they are an all star type team, but they are playing by the rules allowed by the O.H.S.A.A.

I do think think the O.H.S.A.A. needs to rework the rules on all transfers.

stacey7722
Freshman Team

Post by stacey7722 »

I believe Africentric Nubians pulls from 21 different schools in the Columbus area as well as recruiting from the outside Columbus. It is time to separate public schools from private and secondary schools (Africentric) Make it fair. Look at the final four in girls and boys basketball in every division. VERY FEW PUBLIC SCHOOLS in final four. The percentage of private school state champions verses public is embarrassing. Time to make the playing field fair. The OHSAA is failing Ohio student athletes. It is time to separate.

stacey7722
Freshman Team

Post by stacey7722 »

Ironton had a very good girls team, but when you run into hand picked all star teams, very good public school teams get embarrassed. You cant beat hand picked recruited teams. Make it fair.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

stacey7722 wrote:Ironton had a very good girls team, but when you run into hand picked all star teams, very good public school teams get embarrassed. You cant beat hand picked recruited teams. Make it fair.
Africentric is a public school team.

stacey7722
Freshman Team

Post by stacey7722 »

Yes they kind of are... Secondary I believe it list them as. I am not sure what that means. Don't they pull from 21 different high schools in the Columbus area? I am learning all of this on the fly

Return to “Girls Basketball”