3/10 - 3 pm - Ironton vs Africentric - Final 4

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

3/10 - 3 pm - Ironton vs Africentric - Final 4

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Ironton faces a perennial power Africentric in the Final 4 in Columbus. Ironton comes into the game (27-0) and Africentric at (22-5), thoughts?

12gauge
Freshman Team

Re: 3/10 - 3 pm - Ironton vs Africentric - Final 4

Post by 12gauge »

2 thoughts,
1. Tiger Bate should pay more attention to these threads,he started one after you did lol
2. Bring it home to southern ohio,good luck k Tigers

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

12gauge wrote:2 thoughts,
1. Tiger Bate should pay more attention to these threads,he started one after you did lol
2. Bring it home to southern ohio,good luck k Tigers
We will give him a pass. Ironton is 27-0. That's pretty amazing. Hopefully Ironton makes it 28-0

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

THAT'S TIGER BAIT GUAGE. AND IF YOU LOOK THEY WERE BOTH STARTED THE VERY SAME MINUTE. NEITHER OF US KNEW THE OTHER WAS DOING IT. AND YOU MAY WANNA HAVE YOUR HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA CHECKED FOR VALIDITY.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

me n ohbuckeye are friends, and have never had a problem. look at it=== both were started at 3:14 march 5th. I didn't even realize it till the next day. and I was going to delete mine. and seen people were commenting on it.so I chose not to, sometimes things are as they appear.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Didn't these two play last years? Basically same teams, just a year older as both were very young last year.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

I saw Bait's first. It was top of the list. I have no preference... Just saying...IHS didn't face Affricentric in the tournament last year. They lost to fort frye36-26 in the regionals.
This class of Nubians haven't been to the final 4 since 2014 when they won the title over Versailles . The score was
49-37 & it was never close.

http://www.ohsaa.org/sports/bk/girls/20 ... 3final.htm

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

thebarlowbandit wrote:Didn't these two play last years? Basically same teams, just a year older as both were very young last year.
Yes, they played each other in the Ironton Classic last year. Africentric won 54-36

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Africentric is young. Their best player is a 6' senior. They typically play 10 deep. Athens blew them out last year but that was a rebuilding year. This is their 4th state appearance in the last 5 years. This comes down to, can Ironton handle their relentless pressure.

Madness
Freshman Team

Post by Madness »

Good luck to the Ironton

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

The question is will Africentric speed kill!

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Raider6309 wrote:Africentric is young. Their best player is a 6' senior. They typically play 10 deep. Athens blew them out last year but that was a rebuilding year. This is their 4th state appearance in the last 5 years. This comes down to, can Ironton handle their relentless pressure.

On the all Ohio division 3 list, their first listed player is 2nd team. Jordan Horsten,5'11, frosh. They have another in honorable mention.

Ironton also has Sydney Webb & Cheyenne Scott on the teams!!!
Great job IHS ladies.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Last edited by Tjhtygeverve on Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Tjhtygeverve wrote:
Raider6309 wrote:Africentric is young. Their best player is a 6' senior. They typically play 10 deep. Athens blew them out last year but that was a rebuilding year. This is their 4th state appearance in the last 5 years. This comes down to, can Ironton handle their relentless pressure.

On the all Ohio division 3 list, their first listed player is 2nd team. Jordan Horsten,5'11, frosh. They have another in honorable mention.

Ironton also has Sydney Webb & Cheyenne Scott on the teams!!!
Great job IHS ladies.
ote="Tjhtygeverve"]

Ironton also has Sydney Webb & :P Cheyenne Scott on the teams!!!
Great job IHS ladies.[/quote]

After further research the 6foot senior you mentioned can also run the game, last name Lenoir.
One usually takes command , while the other supports her & has a small dbl digit scoring range in points (10-11).
They've played a very strong schedule, facing several nationally ranked squads. Both coaches are saying " this game will be fun"!

Yes, it'll be fun alright. It's kept me lite on sleeping as its 5am & I'm up for the day, so it seems! Arrrgh!!! Glad I took a paid day off for the game & can rest on the weekends, back Sunday!

Boy, for the crowds the IHS webcasters say IHS is bringing no1 chats about it on here. I guess being really homesick makes me crazy!
Here's to the best game 1, then game 2, these Ironton lady fighting Tigers have EVER PLAYED. 4 consistient quartersx2!!! :P
GOTIGERSGO!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

GOOD LUCK TO THE LADY FIGHTING TIGERS!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

GOOD LUCK TO THE LADY FIGHTING TIGERS TODAY AGAINST THE LADY NUBIANS. GO TIGERS.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Almost tipoff time. It's Ironton Lady Fighting Tiger Time!!!!
Have fun, do your best, & win today & shut it down Saturday!!!
I know it's a tall task, but you CAN do this!!!
GOTIGERSGO!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

can somebody send me a link to click on my computer is having brain farts.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Hope that works. Great pre-game with IHS head coach Doug Graham. Girls are motivated & relaxed. The whole town of Ironton is there, apparently. They had a huge send off for the girls from IHS to the city center & up to 52 with streets lined with kids, signs, adults all cheering. A sea of Orange @ the Schott also !
Ironton fans engulf Nubian fans, according to webcasters!

Return to “Girls Basketball”