Waterford vs South Webster--Regional semi-final

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Re: Waterford vs South Webster--Regional semi-final

Post by Chieftain2009 »

They will play Fairfield Christian (Lancaster) on Saturday at Pick. North. Should be a good game, Fairfield Christian was #1 seed out of Central District, they beat #2 Granville Christian 53-41. FCA is 22-3 going into Saturday. I plan on going.

panthers77
Riding the Bench

Post by panthers77 »

I am telling if Waterford plays like they did last night it will be over at halftime but who knows that is why they play the game.Good luck to both teams.

Shoot_It_From_Deep
Freshman Team

Post by Shoot_It_From_Deep »

I am very impressed by Waterford. They have 4 girls that can score 15+ on any given night and have a unique blend of athleticism, quickness, ball handlers, and shooters. The Drayer girl didn't shoot well last night and she still had 20 which tells how good of a player she is. If she heats up from outside they are unstoppable. Lady Cats were in foul trouble in the first half and still let by 16 and blew it open in the 3rd. The Lady Jeeps play very, very hard and just absolutely were ice cold shooting the ball last night. Still not sure they could have beaten Waterford but it could have been closer. Some open looks that just wouldn't fall but then again the game gets faster at this stage and even open looks aren't always "clean". This Wildcat team is truly as good as I've seen in a long, long, time.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Shoot_It_From_Deep wrote:I am very impressed by Waterford. They have 4 girls that can score 15+ on any given night and have a unique blend of athleticism, quickness, ball handlers, and shooters. The Drayer girl didn't shoot well last night and she still had 20 which tells how good of a player she is. If she heats up from outside they are unstoppable. Lady Cats were in foul trouble in the first half and still let by 16 and blew it open in the 3rd. The Lady Jeeps play very, very hard and just absolutely were ice cold shooting the ball last night. Still not sure they could have beaten Waterford but it could have been closer. Some open looks that just wouldn't fall but then again the game gets faster at this stage and even open looks aren't always "clean". This Wildcat team is truly as good as I've seen in a long, long, time.

I agree completely.

Waterford is the reallllll deal. I will be shocked if they don't win the State this year!

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

bbjunky81 wrote:Waterford earned it, absolutely dominating performance from tip to finish.

Congrats and good luck the rest of the way Waterford! Bring home another State Title to SE Ohio!
And just as I predicted I might add.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Jim Ryan wrote:
bbjunky81 wrote:Waterford earned it, absolutely dominating performance from tip to finish.

Congrats and good luck the rest of the way Waterford! Bring home another State Title to SE Ohio!

Oh, OK! Cool man! Let me call Ron's Trophy Shop and get you a trophy! Awesome work!!!!

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

bbjunky81 wrote:
Jim Ryan wrote:

Oh, OK! Cool man! Let me call Ron's Trophy Shop and get you a trophy! Awesome work!!!!
A shout out to Ron's Trophies.....nice

gobucksBlitz
Waterboy

Post by gobucksBlitz »

Wow. They must have really shut down Hall. Waterford must have D1 players.

Billybob55
JV Team

Post by Billybob55 »

gobucksBlitz wrote:Wow. They must have really shut down Hall. Waterford must have D1 players.
No D1 players just a great all around well rounded group that plays excellent team ball and defense

H-back
Freshman Team

Post by H-back »

Billybob55 wrote:
gobucksBlitz wrote:Wow. They must have really shut down Hall. Waterford must have D1 players.
No D1 players just a great all around well rounded group that plays excellent team ball and defense
Highest they have right now is D2. The Kern and Ball girls are only sophomores rn so they could possibly go D2 or D1 also

reds4life
Waterboy

Post by reds4life »

Waterford is a deep, fundamental, selfless team. Just a machine. You could take their game tapes and show young basketball players how to play. I think the best D1 prospect is Coach Close. He has built a powerhouse. As mentioned, no D1 signees yet, but every girl can handle, pass, shoot, and probably most importantly understand the game. They can run all day long too. Hats of to Coach Close and Waterford. Good luck tonight.

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

reds4life wrote:Waterford is a deep, fundamental, selfless team. Just a machine. You could take their game tapes and show young basketball players how to play. I think the best D1 prospect is Coach Close. He has built a powerhouse. As mentioned, no D1 signees yet, but every girl can handle, pass, shoot, and probably most importantly understand the game. They can run all day long too. Hats of to Coach Close and Waterford. Good luck tonight.
If they ever get low on talent the coach could always take an idea from the boys coach and start hiring his high school classmates for officials. That way they can win a lot at home. :lol:

Return to “Girls Basketball”