SEOPS Hippo

Re: IRONTON VS. ALBANY ALEXANDER ---YOUR THOUGHTS

Post by Ironman92 »

Great battle by Alexander

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

What a game! Great season Spartans! Hold your heads high. You made your school, your community, and the TVC very proud!

Good luck to the Ironton Tigers! Hope you win it all!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

I had to work. Sounds like a great game. I tried to listen in a packed dining room in EPCOT, where I work. Was IHS the smaller squad?
Sounded like barrier had 3 points near end of game.???
Correct me if I'm wrong. Would like to know some stats. If true, IHS is one heckuva rounded squad!!
Good luck tigers!
I remember IHS playing west Lafayette Ridgewood in final four in 1979 or 80 & WLR HAD a 6'5 girl they kept lobbing it into & IHS lost . They had Beth Ann Rist, Lauren Triplett & several other strong girls & couldn't overcome the big girl.
Would love to know WLR TEAM INFO & roster etc..,
GOTIGERSGO !!!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Sounds like Ironton may have their work cut out for them against Ridgewood. Anybody figure out how "wood" got so good all of a sudden?

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

Talking to some of their people at the game and they said they had a few injuries before and are healthy for the first time all season. Ironton will have to stop number 5 on this team to have a chance. They do that and it will be a great game. Go Tigers......

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I was at church last night at the youth house. and forgot to check after we got home. so this is the 1st I'm hearing who even won the game. wow that sounds like one for the ages. I was purty excited scrolling through the scores till the end here. the Spartans had an amazing run this year under former ironton assistant coach McKnight. and my hat's off to them. and the lady fighting tigers keep ringing them up and move to 26-0. that must have been an amazing game to see. good luck next games as well lady fighting tigers.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

ONB MAYBE I MISINTERPRETED WHAT YOU MEANT BY SAYING IT'S JUST-------.
on the sports threads especially football when ironton plays somebody they say ''it's just Ashland'', ''or it's just Portsmouth''. like we don't respect our opponents. sorry if I misunderstood what you meant. and that explains the wording of my replies.i have no idea if the team goes by Albany, alexander or Albany alexander. so if I misread into it, the statement you made then please accept my apologies

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Good one to come home after work & read about. The new Albany coach, I just realized I know. I put it together when some1 mentioned his dad was the announcer @ IHS FB & bb games. I'm a few years younger than his dad. I just realized this & his house was 3 blocks from where I grew up.
Knowing his dad, I'm sure he's darn proud of his son's accomplishments!
His dad was a great friend of my dads. After my my mom died & I had moved home to help my dad, he would stop by after his job often to check on my dad.
My dad passed in September & before kickoff against WB, McKnight said : "Jack Hickman, this ones for you,... Gettheball, gettheball, gettheball, gettheball,gettheball, over the PA system, a cheer my dads voice would carry across the stands @ Tank's Memorial Stadium, Bob Lutz Field.
I'll never ever forget that.
GOTIGERSGO!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

ME EITHER BROTHER.---------------- AND YES HE'S RICK MCKNIGHTS SON WHO IS FROM FROM COAL GROVE.BUT I BELIEVE HE HAS LIVED IN IRONTON FOR YEARS NOW. HIS SON COREY WENT TO IRONTON, AND RICK ANNOUNCES IRONTON'S BASKETBALL AND FOOTBALL GAMES. COREY WAS ALSO AN ASSTISTANT AT IRONTON ON THE GIRLS TEAM.

alexanderriseup
Waterboy

Post by alexanderriseup »

great season lady spartans

coach mcknight is one of the better young coaches around

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

indeed congratulations.

Return to “Girls Basketball”