Pickerington Region Divison IV

bsee12345
Varsity

Pickerington Region Divison IV

Post by bsee12345 »

Granville Christian vs Fairfield Christian at Pickerington North

Waterford vs South Webster at Jackson

Winners will play probably at Pickerington North

Waterford should be the favorite, but you never know. That's why they play the game.

east41
Waterboy

Re: Pickerington Region Divison IV

Post by east41 »

What time do they play at Jackson.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

The OHSAA says TBA for the championship game ... Sure would like to see them play in Logan!

Every year our southeast district team has to go to Pick to play in the other teams backyard.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Oh well, our small public schools have gone into Pick and laid the smack down on their private institutions before - I'm sure it can happen again.

:)

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

93Bulldog wrote:The OHSAA says TBA for the championship game ... Sure would like to see them play in Logan!

Every year our southeast district team has to go to Pick to play in the other teams backyard.
I agree. They at least now let the two SE district winners play each other in the SE. This year they show the finals TBA rather than last year I think they had shown Pickerington N from the get go, so there is a chance. They know there will be two teams from around Columbus in the semi-finals, so it is going to be Columbus area vs SE, so why not show it at a location between the middle of the SE and Columbus from the beginning.

Onthefence
Freshman Team

Post by Onthefence »

CONVO! CONVO! CONVO!

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

93Bulldog wrote: Every year our southeast district team has to go to Pick to play in the other teams backyard.
If the Central District teams on the boys side were to win both the regional semi-final match-ups (which has been the case lately), would you be okay with them playing the regional final at Bloom-Carroll instead of OU? And even if not, would you want to see C v C; SE v SE or the current "double or nothing" format on the boys side when it comes to the regional stage so that the Central District teams can play closer to home and thus maximize the efficiency of hosting games at Ohio University (because "the private schools don't bring the fans", it'd go that you have one less game with low attendance to take on.)?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Im just not a fan of the central district teams having the advantage of playing at Pick a few days before they play the winner at Jackson. That's on top of it being in their back yard.

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Region 15
  • Lancaster Fairfield Christian (21-3) vs. Granville Christian (21-3) at Pickerington North High School on Thu (3/03) 7p
    South Webster (20-3) vs. Waterford (24-1) at Jackson High School on Thu (3/03) 7p

Post by H2O4RD »

Why should one team get to play in the gym 2 days before the regional final and the other not? Seems like an advantage to the team who plays the regional semi at Pickerington. Same thing happened last year.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

H2O4RD wrote:Why should one team get to play in the gym 2 days before the regional final and the other not? Seems like an advantage to the team who plays the regional semi at Pickerington. Same thing happened last year.
I agree...I'd rather drive farther and play in the gym that the opponent for the next game is also playing in. Probably not a huge deal, but in a Regional Final, I wouldn't just assume it's not a non-issue.*

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

93Bulldog wrote:Im just not a fan of the central district teams having the advantage of playing at Pick a few days before they play the winner at Jackson. That's on top of it being in their back yard.

(When it comes to the boys side, where this happens also but the other way around)

Im just not a fan of the southeast district teams having the advantage of playing at OU multiple times (two district rounds) before they play the winner of the Central District. That's on top of it being in their back yard.

(And I have no problem mentioning that playing at the Convo also requires acclimation, what with the background behind the hoops and playing on a college court. [Pick North may require acclimation as well, don't get me wrong] If you're a boys team in SE and you make it to regionals, you'll be playing on that floor for the third time in a row versus an opponent that hasn't played on it yet).

We have a very similar problem on the boys side, except the shoe is on the other foot, hmm...

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I think people put way, way, WAY too much into where the game is played.

Sure, it has 'an effect.' But I don't think it's anywhere near as big as some people try to make it out to be.

End of the day, rim is still 10 feet and the ball is still the same size. It'll be determined by heart, effort, execution, rebounding etc.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Why don't they know where the final will be played?

Bazinga!
Riding the Bench

Post by Bazinga! »

bbjunky81 wrote:I think people put way, way, WAY too much into where the game is played.

Sure, it has 'an effect.' But I don't think it's anywhere near as big as some people try to make it out to be.

End of the day, rim is still 10 feet and the ball is still the same size. It'll be determined by heart, effort, execution, rebounding etc.
I don't think anyone is putting too much emphasis on this especially after Eastern and Waterford both went up there and was the exception to the rule but it is a competitive advantage. It's not home court but there's a difference if you've played in the gym before or not. Any effect it may have could be the difference at this level of the tourney. It should be neutral site. There's is a trip to Columbus on the line here. There should be no effect at all and it should only come down to heart effort execution etc. One time in a gym can make a huge difference.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

bbjunky81 wrote:I think people put way, way, WAY too much into where the game is played.

No mention of the most basic important part of the game, shooting efficiency?

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

mhs95_06 wrote:

No mention of the most basic important part of the game, shooting efficiency?
Yeah, the ball must go through the hoop. Typically teams that lock down defensively and control the rebounding edge find ways to score.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

formerfcfan wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:Im just not a fan of the central district teams having the advantage of playing at Pick a few days before they play the winner at Jackson. That's on top of it being in their back yard.

(When it comes to the boys side, where this happens also but the other way around)

Im just not a fan of the southeast district teams having the advantage of playing at OU multiple times (two district rounds) before they play the winner of the Central District. That's on top of it being in their back yard.

(And I have no problem mentioning that playing at the Convo also requires acclimation, what with the background behind the hoops and playing on a college court. [Pick North may require acclimation as well, don't get me wrong] If you're a boys team in SE and you make it to regionals, you'll be playing on that floor for the third time in a row versus an opponent that hasn't played on it yet).

We have a very similar problem on the boys side, except the shoe is on the other foot, hmm...
The fact that EVERY rep from the Central District that comes down is as good as some juco college teams - I think its fair you give some sort of advantage, even if it is small.

:mrgreen:

But seriously, the record of Southeast District teams versus Central at the Convo I bet is ridiculously in favor of the Central. I don't care if Trimble plays every game all season in the Convo - they still are not going to beat Africentric. Same goes for Vinton County beating Whitehall.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

formerfcfan wrote:

1) Central District is not playing their regional semi-final in Columbus, then coming down for the championship. The regional tournament is a completely separate tournament from the Southeast District Tournament.

2) The Central District is like 567-5 overall in the last 100 years versus Southeast District teams! lol ... I don't care if Trimble plays all its games all season at the Convo - they still can't beat Africentric. Same goes for Vinton County beating Whitehall.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

All fair points as far as I'm concerned.

Return to “Girls Basketball”