5. Unioto
6. Zane Trace
7. Paint Valley
8. Adena

KRS
JV Team

Re: SVC 2015-16

Post by KRS »

1. Westfall - Defending champions and return 4 starters. Definitely the favorite to repeat.
2. Southeastern- Return the best player in league but have to replace two 4 year starters.
3. Unioto- Just like volleyball they have kids that have been waiting their turn. Won't drop as far people think.
4. Piketon- Quality young players returning but have to replace 1000 pt. Scorer.
5. Huntington- Return a top 5 player but lack the size to crack the top 4. Good athletes
6. Zane Trace- new coach and return basically everyone. May surprise some teams.
7. Paint Valley- Young athletes and have good size guards, probably a year away from competing for the top half.
8. Adena- Like ZaneTrace a new coach, great size, if they find some guard play may compete a little better this season.

Farmer Jim
Waterboy

Post by Farmer Jim »

1. Westfall - defending co-champ. between them and SE.
2. SE - Best player in the league. has the talent to win it.
3. Unioto - will still be good even though graduation hit them hard.
4. Huntington - lots of good seniors.
5. Piketon - lost some good players, but return some good ones, too.
6. Zane Trace - hope the new coach has enough time to get them on the right track.
7. Paint Valley - games will be more competitive than last year.
8. Adena - new coach, wish him the best.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

The Westfall and Southeastern games should be amazing this season.

Unioto is extremely well coached and like has been said earlier, have some talented girls who have been waiting their turn.

turnover
Waterboy

Post by turnover »

Any scrimmages to talk about yet? How did your teams do?

miggyt
Freshman Team

Post by miggyt »

ZT getting Denen is a sneaky good hire.

warningtrackpower
All Conference

Post by warningtrackpower »

SVC Preview on SVCsportszone.com - thanks to Mikayla Newland for joining us this week.

http://www.dbkmediaservices.com/wordpre ... talk112415

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

After the first week of league play and getting a look at 6 of the 8 teams I think I will stick with my top two
WESTFALL got a big win against the number 2 team and are in the drivers seat early. Their experience, good size, and balanced scoring should keep them in the top spot. Only going to get better with the tough non league schedule they play and Robinson,Stonerock,and Mathes leading the way.
SOUTHEASTERN in the 2 spot. Have the best player but confused on how they were using or not using her In the game I watched. (WF). Might be missing that third scoring threat more than I thought . Wheeler should benefit greatly but need to find another threat to keep teams from completely keying on Skeens or they could lose more than they should.
UNIOTO one of the teams I haven't seen but am very surprised by the early reults. I would probably put PIKETON or HUNTINGTON in this spot but again who knows how good these teams are, ugly non league loss (western). Looks like 6-8 could beat up on one another and make for some exciting games.

warningtrackpower
All Conference

SVC Basketball Talk on SVCsportszone.com . . . http://www.dbkmediaservices.com/wordpre ... talk120715

warningtrackpower
All Conference

Basketball discussion on SVC Sports Talk . . . http://www.dbkmediaservices.com/wordpre ... talk121415

Farmer Jim
Waterboy

Post by Farmer Jim »

KRS wrote:After the first week of league play and getting a look at 6 of the 8 teams I think I will stick with my top two
WESTFALL got a big win against the number 2 team and are in the drivers seat early. Their experience, good size, and balanced scoring should keep them in the top spot. Only going to get better with the tough non league schedule they play and Robinson,Stonerock,and Mathes leading the way.
SOUTHEASTERN in the 2 spot. Have the best player but confused on how they were using or not using her In the game I watched. (WF). Might be missing that third scoring threat more than I thought . Wheeler should benefit greatly but need to find another threat to keep teams from completely keying on Skeens or they could lose more than they should.
UNIOTO one of the teams I haven't seen but am very surprised by the early reults. I would probably put PIKETON or HUNTINGTON in this spot but again who knows how good these teams are, ugly non league loss (western). Looks like 6-8 could beat up on one another and make for some exciting games.
I don't see anyone being able to beat Westfall except maybe Southeastern in the 2nd round of play. Westfall's experience will just be too much for everyone else.
Funny you mentioned you were confused on how Southeastern was using their best player. I've talked to SE people who have said they're confused about a lot of things. Seems people aren't real happy over there.
Huntington has stepped up from last year and Cox is the biggest reason why. She must have really worked on her game over the summer to improve her shooting and ball handling the way she has. I think those are the best 3 teams in the league right now. I don't think any of them will lose to the bottom 5 teams.

warningtrackpower
All Conference

The Great Pumpkin
Waterboy

Post by The Great Pumpkin »

How did Southeastern only beat Unioto by 5 points? Is that the right score?

toast
All State

Post by toast »

The Great Pumpkin wrote:How did Southeastern only beat Unioto by 5 points? Is that the right score?
I was wondering the exact same thing. Southeastern seems to be a very strange team this season.

Sid Farkus
Freshman Team

Post by Sid Farkus »

toast wrote:
The Great Pumpkin wrote:How did Southeastern only beat Unioto by 5 points? Is that the right score?
I was wondering the exact same thing. Southeastern seems to be a very strange team this season.
I wasn't at that game, but I do know that score is correct.

Return to “Girls Basketball”