Freshman Team

Re: Waterford v SG 2-11

Post by H2O4RD »

68-20 final. Could have scored 100.

Bazinga!
Riding the Bench

Post by Bazinga! »

Many more tournament wins for this team I'm sure. Can't wait to see the Waterford vs. FF match up in Columbus!!!!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Beverly/Waterford area would go nuts. Fort Frye could win the district but without MaKayla it's an uphill battle.

buckcc
Freshman Team

Post by buckcc »

I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but they have to bring there A game big time if the Fort thinks they can beat Hiland ,I have seen Hiland play towards the end of the season, they are as healthy as they have ever been and playing there best ball right now
they, beat a very good Garaway team last week that was no.2 in the state in d3 56-44.they can go about 10 or 11 deep on there bench

Onthefence
Freshman Team

Post by Onthefence »

How come they are not both in the same regional? They are so close to each other geographically. Didn't waterford used to be in the same region with hiland?

Onthefence
Freshman Team

Post by Onthefence »

Onthefence wrote:How come they are not both in the same regional? They are so close to each other geographically. Didn't waterford used to be in the same region with hiland?
District no regional. Waterford used to be in the same district as hiland. My bad

Bazinga!
Riding the Bench

Post by Bazinga! »

Onthefence wrote:
Onthefence wrote:How come they are not both in the same regional? They are so close to each other geographically. Didn't waterford used to be in the same region with hiland?
District no regional. Waterford used to be in the same district as hiland. My bad
Apparently the Muskingum River is the cut off line. They're not in the same Sectional, District, or Regional. Waterford travels all the way down to Jackson for tourney games I hear. That's a haul. And FF travels quite a ways north. It is funny how that works out. Stones throw from each other and couldn't travel further apart for the games. Waterford is furthest north in SE and FF is furthest south in the East

notredamemom
Waterboy

Post by notredamemom »

Bazinga! wrote:
Onthefence wrote:
Apparently the Muskingum River is the cut off line. They're not in the same Sectional, District, or Regional. Waterford travels all the way down to Jackson for tourney games I hear. That's a haul. And FF travels quite a ways north. It is funny how that works out. Stones throw from each other and couldn't travel further apart for the games. Waterford is furthest north in SE and FF is furthest south in the East

when waterford joined the tvc they petitioned to have their district switched to the conference they play in. made sense.

Onthefence
Freshman Team

Post by Onthefence »

Well it sure worked out good for them. Not being in the same district with hiland. I would petition to get out of that district too.

Bazinga!
Riding the Bench

Post by Bazinga! »

Very true. If I'm seeing the brackets correctly barring anything crazy they really shouldn't break a sweat until at least Dist finals and more like Reg. semis or finals. IF they stay healthy. That's the key. Stay Healthy. Not sure what ND really has for them but I've heard SW is good but not as good as last years team. Waterford is better than last years State Runner up team IMO. Wouldn't be the same if they ran up against Hiland early on

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Onthefence wrote:Well it sure worked out good for them. Not being in the same district with hiland. I would petition to get out of that district too.
The district change happened a few years before Waterford was all that competitive in girls basketball. Had nothing to do with Hiland and I don't even know if Waterford had made a District tourney when the change occurred; it was the late 90s.

buckcc
Freshman Team

Post by buckcc »

If they both Waterford and Hiland make it they would meet in the state semi's. Hiland's district will be tougher then there Regionals. They will have to get by probably Fort frye and River.the matchup I want to see is Hiland and Fort Frye.Waterford beat Fort Frye both times right

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

buckcc wrote:If they both Waterford and Hiland make it they would meet in the state semi's. Hiland's district will be tougher then there Regionals. They will have to get by probably Fort frye and River.the matchup I want to see is Hiland and Fort Frye.Waterford beat Fort Frye both times right
Yes Waterford beat Cadets by about seven at The Greenhouse Dec.30, and won at The Fort 44-32 on Jan.30

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye playing decent beat Linsly to win OVAC. They are still playing without Makayla Leidtke though.

Return to “Girls Basketball”