Riding the Bench

Reedsville Eastern's new coach?

Post by full of it »

any word on who the coach will be?

Five Point
JV Team

Re: Reedsville Eastern's new coach?

Post by Five Point »

Wouldn't this be the third coach in three years?

Go Get It
Freshman Team

Post by Go Get It »

3 yrs ago the head coach quit(bub jackson) right at tournament time and the assistant coach(dave weber)finished the season, dave weber the next season, quillen last season, new coach this season. :(

SEO_BBALL001
Waterboy

Post by SEO_BBALL001 »

There are alot of roomers going around about who the new coach will be.
But they better get a coach that is good because they have talent coming up. They have to entering seventh graders that play aau at the national level with the wv thunder. also the entering freshman havent lost a game in two years and both jr. high teams were not beat last year. they will be a team to look out for here in a couple of years and WILL compete at state in a few years.

Go Lady Eagles!

Go Get It
Freshman Team

Post by Go Get It »

High school ball is ALOT different than jr. high ball, based on last year, the incoming jv will be in alot of foul trouble. I believe it is "rumors" and if any of the so called upcoming freshman talent was going to open gym they would probably know who the coach could possibly be.

Birdman
Riding the Bench

Post by Birdman »

seo bball Why don't you apply for the job. You must know a lot about basketball because you know who should be starting for Eastern and Alexander. Who should start for Southern and Meigs this year also.
Mr. Edwards is an intelligent man and he knows basketball I am sure he will hire someone that knows what is going on.

looking down from above
Waterboy

Post by looking down from above »

You know the girls basketball program has had its ups and downs over the past several years but the girls stuck it out.... As far as talent coming up yeah there is some..... You also have upper class man with just as much talent and EXPERIENCE!!!!! As far a predicting the future that they WILL compete at the state that is just a prediction!!!! Eastern has had talented girls go through the program and they never made it to state and I mean talented girls!!!!Just sit back and watch and don't make judgment calls until you have seen what is going to happen..... When girls reach the high school level things change... There are more things to get involved in.. I give the few young ladies credit that have stuck it out and gave it there all over the past several years.... There is only a handful that has done this so Congratulations to them....

lovin' every minute of it
Riding the Bench

Post by lovin' every minute of it »

Well, it seems all the talent doesn't find it necessary to come to open gym. 4 to 5 girls (same 3 plus, 1 to 2 others)is all that has been going.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

OK, before I start, I have to put the disclaimer out there that I have nothing to do with Eastern or its girl's basketball program. Anybody who knows me, knows that.

Now that this is out of the way, let me say this.............

What would you expect??? You let the entire month where your coach can work with the entire team go, because of internal politics, that is a shame.

The few dedicated girls who keep showing up are getting a slap in the face..............

It is truly sad that things down Reedsville way are so bad that the open coaching window (month of June) has passed, with no coach being named. The Eastern girls have had literally no chance to attend camps or shoot outs, because the administration won't get off the pot and make a decision.

There may be more to this than what I've alluded to, so I would certainly be receptive to hearing more about why no decision has been made.................

Riding the Bench

How are the girls that are attending getting a slap in the face? They love the game and they want to play regardless. Was told that the were asked to play at the Rio shoot out but they can't even get enough girls to come to open gym to see if it would have been possible. If you want to play the game, you will attend open gyms no matter what, as a few of them have. The girls b-ball program at Eastern seems to take the backseat to the other sports at Eastern and that is a shame. Look how many coaches there have been the last couple of years, you don't see that in the other sports. There was a board meeting last night, hopefully a coach has been named. And last but not least, if the girls don't show an interest, who will?

full of it
Riding the Bench

Post by full of it »

Is Eastern eedsville going to the shoot-out at Rio saturday. They are scheduled to play Southern at 9:00am.

renob
Freshman Team

Post by renob »

Why wasn't htis job posted anyplace ??
Oh that's right, somebody at the school wanted his wife,, :122246 or I mean, a certain person to get the job... :roll:
There are other coaches out there that didn't even know the job was open that would have applied for the job.
Heck, have they even hired a volleyball coach.

Go Get It
Freshman Team

Post by Go Get It »

A sad :( situation for the girls that want to play.

supermama
Freshman Team

Post by supermama »

Eastern does have alot of talent in the girls that are at the high school level and coming up. It would be a GREAT thing if a coach had already been named, but unfortunately that is not the case. The parents of these girls need to unite and get the board to name a coach so that the girls can begin to practice and attend shootouts during this open time. Direction is what the team needs and continuity. The girls are dedicated as many are attending gus smacker and other tournaments. There are several that play summer ball also. The jr. high program is the best it has been in several years and the girls are learning the game so that the high school coach does not have to spend time teaching fundamentals. They can just play ball. There is the potential to go to state, as our girls in the past have been to regional play in other sports, so basketball is a definite possibility. Lets unite behind the GIRLS. This is about them, and we want the best for them.

Go Get It
Freshman Team

Post by Go Get It »

The girls going to State would be wonderful, but....I can't see that happening. Did you attend any high school games last year? Eastern had the potential to compete, but just did not have the right coaching, nothing against Coach Quillen, he tried to the best of his ability. Eastern has had talent in the past, and did not make it to State. As I have said in an earlier post, high school ball is ALOT different than jr. high, and what is expected of you is a lot different. That is good that some are playing gus smacker and summer ball, but in high school they need to come together and work as a team, which means attending open gyms(since that is all that has happened so far)with the team. Don't complain about what is going on and not going on, if you can't even attend open gym.

Riding the Bench

Some of the older kids probably have summer jobs that may keep them from attending sometimes.

supermama
Freshman Team

Post by supermama »

I did attend games last year and the coaching was by far the biggest problem on the court. You can't sub 5 players at a time and expect anything. The girls coming up have played as a team and have played well. Only time will tell if all the State predictions will come true. I for one hope that they do. Go EAGLES and tell the school board to get a coach hired so that the girls will want to come to open gym. Its hard to attend and be serious when you don't even know who the coach will be. What if the person running the open gym doesn't do things like the coach would, then you're back to square one. That makes it hard to play as a team.

renob
Freshman Team

Post by renob »

I would take bets that the person that is running open gym will get the job. :122246

sprt4life
Waterboy

Post by sprt4life »

renob wrote:I would take bets that the person that is running open gym will get the job. :122246

i totally agree.
that person will probably get the job.
but should she?
i dont think so.

sprt4life
Waterboy

Post by sprt4life »

renob wrote:Why wasn't htis job posted anyplace ??
Oh that's right, somebody at the school wanted his wife,, :122246 or I mean, a certain person to get the job... :roll:
There are other coaches out there that didn't even know the job was open that would have applied for the job.
Heck, have they even hired a volleyball coach.

there are some people that did know but still wont get the job.

Oh that's right, somebody at the school wanted his wife or I mean, a certain person to get the job...

hehe

Return to “Girls Basketball”