Belpre Girls

thebarlowbandit
All State

Belpre Girls

Post by thebarlowbandit »

How do people think the girls will do come tournament time? Keep an eye on them since they are in the neighborhood and there coach spent some time at Warren as an assistant.

I believe they will get to the District this year, but I feel it's been a disappointing season so far as they have a lot of talent but just can't seem to come together.

Modscansuckit
Waterboy

Re: Belpre Girls

Post by Modscansuckit »

Let me guess
It's the coach

thebarlowbandit
All State

Not done much with the talent they have had in my opinion, have had some very talented guards and a big last couple of years and settles for a 4th place finish, going 1-5 v the top 3 teams, and only one of those games even close. Thank goodness for Wahamma.

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

With Waterford and Eastern in the Hocking. 3rd is the best Belpre will do. Sorry but that's just the way it is.
Also - they will get blown out by 30 on Thursday.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Well, I've seen teams like Notre Dame and Clay come to Jackson with sterling 2 loss records, and then get beat by 40 by TVC-Hocking teams.

So we'll see what happens Thursday ...

Good luck Belpre!

thebarlowbandit
All State

ArmChairQB wrote:With Waterford and Eastern in the Hocking. 3rd is the best Belpre will do. Sorry but that's just the way it is.
Also - they will get blown out by 30 on Thursday.

They aren't even taking 3rd

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Southern is a 15-6 basketball team and are pretty good - that's why Belpre finished 4th.

All 4 hocking teams are in the district tournament - seems pretty successful to me.

Congratulations to all four and good luck next week!

eagle_84
Waterboy

Post by eagle_84 »

they hadn't won a sectional since 2011 i follow the boys more but the team seems prety young.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Don't say I didn't call that one, totally unprepared. Nothing new here.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I was told 3 girls over 6'0 and a 6'2 freshman for ND.

How do you prepare for that? Play against your boys team?

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

93Bulldog wrote:I was told 3 girls over 6'0 and a 6'2 freshman for ND.

How do you prepare for that? Play against your boys team?
6'0 sophomore, 6'1 junior, 6'2 freshman only lose 1 starter for next year

east41
Waterboy

Post by east41 »

Well I'll tell you Belpre girls had this one. They came out very strong and had ND on the ropes and the coach was out coached tonight. Never seen this team before but they look good. I like the way number 11 and 14 plays the have a great chance to be coming really good ball players. Also I'm not saying that the other players don't but with a little individual instructional training they will be good as well. How young are they!!!!!!

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

east41 wrote:Well I'll tell you Belpre girls had this one. They came out very strong and had ND on the ropes and the coach was out coached tonight. Never seen this team before but they look good. I like the way number 11 and 14 plays the have a great chance to be coming really good ball players. Also I'm not saying that the other players don't but with a little individual instructional training they will be good as well. How young are they!!!!!!
Is this a joke?

Beaver92
Waterboy

Post by Beaver92 »

Belpre did have control in the first quarter. Then belpre missed a few shots and ND gained some momentum. Nd was just to big inside. Belpre does have a nice team. Seemed like every girl could handle the ball well. Don't see that very often

notredamemom
Waterboy

Post by notredamemom »

Belpre shot well in the first quarter and then couldn't buy a basket. We did a good job of feeding our bigs and getting on the boards. Belpre didn't have the size. Good team and glad we caught them on a rough shooting night.

Beaver92
Waterboy

Post by Beaver92 »

Nd is a very good team, Schafer and smith are great players, and get most of the attention but the hover girl is impressive.quick and scrappy. If they keep playing like they are they will be a tough out!

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

east41 wrote:Well I'll tell you Belpre girls had this one. They came out very strong and had ND on the ropes and the coach was out coached tonight. Never seen this team before but they look good. I like the way number 11 and 14 plays the have a great chance to be coming really good ball players. Also I'm not saying that the other players don't but with a little individual instructional training they will be good as well. How young are they!!!!!!
Had what? There are 4 quarters of basketball if you forgot. Notre Dame needed to settle their nerves and get going. They could have beat this Belpre team by 40+ if they didn't call off the dogs the entire 4th quarter. Next matchup vs Waterford will be the true test.

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

js7_22 wrote:
Had what? There are 4 quarters of basketball if you forgot. Notre Dame needed to settle their nerves and get going. They could have beat this Belpre team by 40+ if they didn't call off the dogs the entire 4th quarter. Next matchup vs Waterford will be the true test.
ND will be the 2nd best team Waterford has played this year. That being said I look for Waterford to win this game by 15-20 points!

thebarlowbandit
All State

This is exactly what I am speaking of, everyone here says that they have good talent, are a good team, but yet it's a 10 loss basketball team, and I'll give you 2 guaranteed losses to Waterford, but that leave 8 other losses, and Eastern is NOT near what Eastern has been. If as everyone says the talent is so good (and it was better last year) then where is the results, and why are the results not measuring up to the talent of those fine young people.

Beaver92
Waterboy

Post by Beaver92 »

Like belpre had a great start last night, but when Nd started to kick it in gear and belpre missed a few shots the belpre coach looked as if he was in panic mode.the girls can sense that. I wish eastern pike 1/4 talent they have. #11 is a great player!

Return to “Girls Basketball”