Belpre Girls

Bazinga!
Riding the Bench

Re: Belpre Girls

Post by Bazinga! »

TVC wrote:
thebarlowbandit wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:The only adjustment needed was for ND to get the ball inside to one of their three 6-footers and the game would be over.

And that's what happened.

if Belpre played ND 10 times with any coach in the world - it would be tough for the Golden Eagles to win one of them.

So you are going to tell me that if Howie had those kids they'd have no chance to beat ND? If Jerry had them they'd be no better? If Burdette had them they be 100% losers in this matchup 10 of 10 times?
Talent wins 99.9% of the time. Howie Jerry and Burdette are all proof of this.
This comment contradicts itself. There isn't just some surplus of talent at these small schools that Belpre or Warren or Marietta doesn't ever have. Coaching makes a huge difference. These coaches have success because they are great coaches. You or I can't coach these teams to state. The talent has to be there but it also has to be developed correctly. Every school has girls with talent. Some more talented than others I agree but you have to have a coach that knows what to do with that talent. And kudos to the Belpre coach for the job he's done. He may not be these guys yet but he could have done a much worse job than he did. It's a step in the right direction. As far as the ND game goes and I wasn't there. Any coach can get out coached one game or make mistakes that can cost his team but that doesn't make him a bad coach. Means he made mistakes. Coach K costs Duke games every once in a while by having a bad game plan or not making the correct adjustments. As long as it's every once in a while I'd say you've got the right man for the job

fanofsports
Waterboy

Re: Belpre Girls

Post by fanofsports »

Bandit,
Were you at the game? If you were there, then you would know that Belpre did try to go to the paint... But when you have girls that are 5'5 trying to shoot over top of three players that are 6'0+, it's not going to work. Belpre is usually pretty good at the outside shot, but they couldn't buy a basket Thursday. Is that the coach's fault? No, it is not. From all of your negative posts, it appears you have a personal grudge against Coach Murray for whatever reason. Give it a break and move on. He does an excellent job with the program.

Congrats to Notre Dame on the win and good luck in your remaining tourney games. You have a good team with some great athletes.

Return to “Girls Basketball”