OVC

Post by gametime »

Who's wining?

You can't handle the truth
Henry Jones, Jr.
Freshman Team

Re: OVC

Post by Henry Jones, Jr. »

Ironton and Fairland would be the favorites, I would guess, but I would have to give the edge to Ironton at this point.

Overall there will be some great games in the OVC for girls basketball this season. I think the conference schedule really benefits teams as they enter tournament play. The energy, effort and enthusiasm in girls basketball in the OVC is amazing. When the OVC teams get to the tournament they are battle tested and prepared for tough competitive games.

Fairland has made two straight trips to the Final Four, for crying out loud, and they didn't even win the Conference last year!

It is going to be fun.

Firebreather
Freshman Team

Post by Firebreather »

1. Ironton
2. Fairland
3. South Point
4. Gallia Academy
5. Coal Grove

After that it don't matter

fred_flinstone
Freshman Team

Post by fred_flinstone »

Chesapeake returns 4 starters and welcomes in a transfer that will make an instant impact. They also have two of the best athletes in the OVC in Spaulding and Webb. Also I think Fairland will be taking a year or two off from the final 4, they are pretty young can they still battle for the OVC Crown? Absolutely. I'm not sure what South Point has and I know Coal Grove, Rock Hill and Portsmouth will be down. IMO the OVC Champion will either be Ironton or Chesapeake.

Hoop Wizard
Waterboy

Post by Hoop Wizard »

Ironton definitely team to beat-Barrier, Wise and Webb enough to carry in the OVC. Chesapeake also tough with Curry, Spaulding and their size can hurt anybody- not a real fundamental group but very physical. South Point could have the leagues most athletic group of guards and could surprise some teams if they press- but lack of size will hurt them tremendously. Fairland very young and could be a year away, but Chapman is a nice guard. Bigs not physical enough to handle the top tier teams-yet. C.G will battle but youth and lack of point guard will hurt them. Very young but very physical group. Rock Hill has just enough to play spoiler a time or two. Gallia and Portsmouth still unsure about these two. With that said I see it like this-
1. Ironton
2.Chesapeake
3.South Point
4. Fairland
5. C.G.
6. Rock Hill
7. Gallia
8.Portsmouth

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Where are the ovc previews being held tonight?

PantherPride
Varsity

Post by PantherPride »

artisgilmore wrote:Where are the ovc previews being held tonight?
I'm pretty sure it's at Chesapeake.

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

Saw all 4 games from previews. Ironton Gallia and Chesapeake are the strong teams. Impressive performance by Ironton, Gallia and Chesapeake looked rusty but beat Portsmouth and Coal Grove respectively. Rock Hill beat fairland in the first game as well

ROLL PEAKE
Hoop Wizard
Waterboy

Post by Hoop Wizard »

Seems like things are shaking out in the OVC as expected. Ironton definitely the team to beat. A very strong contender to win the region when clicking on all cylinders. Portsmouth and Gallia not a walkover and seem much improved over last few years. Rock Hill is scrappy and seems to be playing better. Very tough team to beat especially in their gym. South Point and Fairland both playing well right now for young teams. Coal Grove has the talent but it may be a year for the young Hornets to hit their stride. Chesapeake always a better team in the 2nd half. OVC girls basketball definitely on the upswing.

Return to “Girls Basketball”