DIII Athens Sectional Draw

thebarlowbandit
All State

Re: DIII Athens Sectional Draw

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Southeaster will not beat either Alex or Nelsonville if they play.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

official from DIII - Athens

Alexander (12-5)
Chil. Southeastern (14-2)
Nelsonville-York (13-4)
Wes,all (13-5)
Oak Hill (6-13)
Crooksville (8-10)
Bid. River Valley (8-9)
New Lexington (4-15)
Zane Trace (2-14)
Wellston (1-17)

Sid Farkus
Freshman Team

Post by Sid Farkus »

93Bulldog wrote:official from DIII - Athens

Alexander (12-5)
Chil. Southeastern (14-2)
Nelsonville-York (13-4)
Wes,all (13-5)
Oak Hill (6-13)
Crooksville (8-10)
Bid. River Valley (8-9)
New Lexington (4-15)
Zane Trace (2-14)
Wellston (1-17)
Southeastern needs to get Alexander and Nelsonville-York on the schedule next year. That's the only way to get a fair shake in this thing.

thebarlowbandit
All State

KRS wrote:Miami trace probably has 1 player with the ability to play at the d- 1 level. Lexie barrier is not going to Virginia Tech. She is an excellent player that is going to James Madison. Southeastern Should be the 1 seed and they may not have the same type of team as Ironton but they do have a High major D-1 player.

It's not about the individual talent, it's about the team. And MT is one heck of a team, play great defense and are real physical.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Alex will just be better next year, and since you seem to want to count DI players, Alex has two DI guards.

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

thebarlowbandit wrote:Alex will just be better next year, and since you seem to want to count DI players, Alex has two DI guards.
In what sport?

thebarlowbandit
All State

ArmChairQB wrote:
thebarlowbandit wrote:Alex will just be better next year, and since you seem to want to count DI players, Alex has two DI guards.
In what sport?

Duh...Basketball

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

thebarlowbandit wrote:
ArmChairQB wrote:
In what sport?

Duh...Basketball
I highly doubt it!

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

ArmChairQB wrote:
thebarlowbandit wrote:
ArmChairQB wrote: In what sport?

Duh...Basketball
I highly doubt it!
Alexander has two guards that are good enough to play at the next level. Not Big Ten level, but they are good enough to play in the MAC or the like. They were good enough to beat Southeastern by 20+ over the Summer. I know Summer does not count during this time of the year, but they are still good.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

A team with 2 D1 guards should never lose 4 out of 7 games in SE Ohio.

I'm sure Alexander is a fine team, but there must be something off if they are losing as often and as badly as they have in the past couple weeks (I know Ironton and Waterford are really good)

Nickel back
Waterboy

Post by Nickel back »

I watched Alexander and Southeastern at the Jackson summer league (you are correct summer means very little) very entertaining game, close , I can't remember who actually won but maybe all their players were not In attendance.
Hopefully Alexander , Southeastern, Nelsonville, and Westfall can all represent our sectional much better than last year.

thebarlowbandit
All State

danicalifornia wrote:A team with 2 D1 guards should never lose 4 out of 7 games in SE Ohio.

I'm sure Alexander is a fine team, but there must be something off if they are losing as often and as badly as they have in the past couple weeks (I know Ironton and Waterford are really good)

I didn't say they had anything with them. And I'll gladly take whoever's cash on a little wager. The older is a Junior is over 1200 points and is an OGBR top 64. Her younger sister is even better and is leading the team in scoring. and you really want to go there with record. Look who Alex has played v Southeastern. Not even close

Huntington St Joe
Ironton
Webster
Warren
Nelsonville
Waterford
Vinton

Will all have 15+ wins.

Who has SE played?
Last edited by thebarlowbandit on Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Southeastern will do good to get to the District Finals.

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

If Alex has 2 D1 players - they should have lost only one game and that would have been a close one. Not a 40 point blow out. Right now there are no MAC level players in the TVC Ohio!

thebarlowbandit
All State

ArmChairQB wrote:If Alex has 2 D1 players - they should have lost only one game and that would have been a close one. Not a 40 point blow out. Right now there are no MAC level players in the TVC Ohio!

1 is a freshman. Other is a Junior. You haven't seen them play but you sure do make strong judgements. Surprised you aren't coaching DI with such clairvoyant knowledge.

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

I would suggest SE and Westfall schedule Alexander. That would answer any issues with sectional seeding. We played Westfall a few years ago, not sure why that game was not continued.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Westfall went to Florida this season and had to drop three non-league games. Alex was one of them.

Return to “Girls Basketball”