3. Fairland
4. Minford
5. Chesapeake
6. Valley
7. South Point
8. Coal Grove
9. Portsmouth
10. West

OVC 6 teams and SOC 4 teams. See if league alters some of my picks above. Looking at records alone Fairland is one less better than Burg, and Chesapeake is only one loss behind Burg. Personally, seeing the game at Fairland, I feel like Chesapeake wins the rematch and is the better team.

Credit Fairland's coach for winning a bunch of games, but his non-conference schedule was really weak. I couldn't believe he added River Valley, Belpre, West. I'm guessing he thought his team was mid-pack.

And lastly through all of this, I'm picking Minford as my sleeper team to pull a district upset after they win the 4-5 game.

I'm also interested in who people think is better, south point or valley? I struggled ranking these teams, but Valley has played Burg & South Webster within 9 the last couple weeks so I rolled with them.

I feel like this is one of the easier draws to predict 1-10, but league affiliation will be interesting. SOC could be in trouble. Not sure why District board has it set up this way.

Hoop Wizard
Waterboy

Re: DIII Rock Hill Sectional Predictions / Draw

Post by Hoop Wizard »

Pretty much right on with picks. Minford will be a tough out. I think Peake losing Spaulding hurts them from a size, depth, and having played varsity for 4 years. Peake's lack of guard play will be put to test in tourney. I think S.P. is a better team now especially since getting back a starter who had been out with an injury. Valley seems much improved since the 2nd week of the season when I last saw them.My Pointers lost another to injury and it will definitely hurt them in tourney. I really think Ironton has a legitimate shot to win the regional. Barrier is an absolute game changer and their athleticism and m2m defense is tough to handle. I think 'Burg is very capable but not scary- they are well coached and can beat anyone but also has a tendency to lose their focus at times. Dragons are the team that no one is quite sure of- I'm sure their coach down graded schedule a bit as would any coach- but they have been very impressive and have a high basketball IQ for a young group.They are a guard oriented team and have enough depth inside to play with anyone. Their is not one girl on that team that you don't have to guard from 3 land- and against us it seemed like they didn't miss from 3.A physical post presence is their only weakness right now but that's not really their style anyway. Minford-Peake game will be a good one and they may have to Tee it up twice as they play this week also! Looking forward to some cross bracket match-ups and some really good District games. Love this time of year!

Return to “Girls Basketball”