Alexander 08-09

admar
Riding the Bench

Re: Alexander 08-09

Post by admar »

The only thing that Alex coach gives his girls are some tough practices and a hard time when needed. Watch him coach these girls one time. Watch HIM...He gets into the game and looks like he wants to jump out there on the floor and play himself. He loves the sport. Only thing the girls get from him is lesson that they they will take on with them in life. "Things are tough and only get tougher". These girls know what tough is when they play for him.....These girls handle that toughness well. Go Lady Spartans

KnowIt2
Riding the Bench

Post by KnowIt2 »

Nope...im just a new poster cause my first one "KnowIt" got banned...

But seriously...is Sasquatch playing?

admar
Riding the Bench

Post by admar »

KnowIt2 wrote:Nope...im just a new poster cause my first one "KnowIt" got banned...

But seriously...is Sasquatch playing?

Who are you refering to? I would guess by the remarks you are making now, you won't last long on here again. Better start thinking of a new name. Grow up. Didn't your momma teach you anything? "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all" A lesson you should learn!!!!

SErunner
JV Team

Post by SErunner »

KnowIt2 wrote:"Give the world to his players".....maybe some financial benefits and other perks on the side?

Lets leave the basketball coach alone. The volleyball coach "may" deserve that kind of treatment (I dislike recruiting, but I don't know that he does), but the basketball coach has been well behaved as far as I know and it isn't right to slander him like that.

middlechild
Freshman Team

Post by middlechild »

Good luck Morgan Nickels! Your family will be cheering you on! Hope you do well!!

WangoZTango
Freshman Team

Post by WangoZTango »

Go Spartans!!!

akwhitewater
Freshman Team

Post by akwhitewater »

I find it really sad that sports have taken a turn like this. To slander a coach who has given so much of his time to this sport and turn it into something ugly...I just find it really sad. I know Coach Guthrie and I can guarantee you that when it says that he gives his team the world it means simply that he holds them in high reguard not just as players but as people. He not only tries to teach them the game he also teaches them alot of life's lessons that some of these girls would not get anywhere else. Those lessons are such things as hard work pays off and you never let yourself or your team down.

Do not do this to him he does not deserve it !!

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Threads like this are what is wrong with the internet and message boards. Some people ought to be ashamed of how they hammer and bash.

WangoZTango
Freshman Team

Post by WangoZTango »

Go Lady Spartans!!!

gt13osu
Varsity

Post by gt13osu »

The preview for the Lady Spartans is November 21st. The same day, there will be a chinese auction to help raise money for their trip to Alaska. Furthermore, there is a raffle for a longaberger Christmas basket and a Middleton doll. That raffle runs through December 18th, so spread the word on the auction and raffle and help out these girls.

SErunner
JV Team

Post by SErunner »

Pol Pot wrote:Threads like this are what is wrong with the internet and message boards. Some people ought to be ashamed of how they hammer and bash.

Slim Jim wrote:And the funny thing is nobody ever gets banned for this kind of stuff.But God forbid if your username might sound a little funny you are gone in a NY second...I think the board itself needs an overhaul on how it handles things...

I like the board the way it is now. Sure, you have a few people that will say something harmful on here, but the overwhelming majority are quick to rise up and correct those who wish to make harmful statements.

I'd rather see the board go largely uncensored. It allows people to say what they think without fear of being booted.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Hey SErunner, so in other words you think I have the right to come on here, bash you and your family, make unsubstaniated remarks, and create what could in many cases be considered slander, and you support it?

ladyspartanfan
Waterboy

Post by ladyspartanfan »

gt13osu wrote:The preview for the Lady Spartans is November 21st. The same day, there will be a chinese auction to help raise money for their trip to Alaska. Furthermore, there is a raffle for a longaberger Christmas basket and a Middleton doll. That raffle runs through December 18th, so spread the word on the auction and raffle and help out these girls.

YES! Doors open at 5 pm. We hope that you come out and support these girls so that they are able to raise money to help with expenses for their airfare, etc. to participate in the holiday tournament in Alaska. They will leave Christmas morning and return early morning of January 1.

We hope to see you at Alexander on November 21 !!!!!!!!!! It will be LOTS of FUN !!!!!!!!!!

SErunner
JV Team

Post by SErunner »

Pol Pot wrote:Hey SErunner, so in other words you think I have the right to come on here, bash you and your family, make unsubstaniated remarks, and create what could in many cases be considered slander, and you support it?

Any slander (libel) that is written on SEOPS is generally corrected by other posters, I would just hate to see the day that everyone on hear has to watch their words for fear of being booted off.

I don't support the remarks.

I support freedom of speech.

Don't you?

akwhitewater
Freshman Team

Post by akwhitewater »

Good Luck to the Lady Spartans on their fundraising efforts, this trip they are planning to Alaska is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

If you are a member of the community you really should try your best to support these girls, not only will they have the time of their lives but they will be playing against some very tough competition, teams like Alaska State Champs, Australia, act... like I said once in a lifetime.

Please take the time to go out and support the girls THEY DESERVE IT

tigerland
Riding the Bench

Post by tigerland »

SErunner is a wise person.

NYBucksDad
JV Team

Post by NYBucksDad »

For anyone to get on here and question Coach Guthrie’s coaching ability, dedication, or integrity is unbelievable, from someone that grew up in Albany and graduated from Alexander and went to all the games as a kid I can say the name Guthrie, and Alexander basketball go together. If I am wrong correct me but this is the same Guthrie family from the Shade area that were outstanding athletes.

Good luck lady Spartans on your season and your trip.

FROM BUCKEYE LAND

Joedirt
Freshman Team

Post by Joedirt »

NYBucksDad wrote:For anyone to get on here and question Coach Guthrie’s coaching ability, dedication, or integrity is unbelievable, from someone that grew up in Albany and graduated from Alexander and went to all the games as a kid I can say the name Guthrie, and Alexander basketball go together. If I am wrong correct me but this is the same Guthrie family from the Shade area that were outstanding athletes.

Good luck lady Spartans on your season and your trip.

FROM BUCKEYE LAND

You are correct,they are from the Shade area,grew up with them at Shade school.His Dad was a heck of a coach.All good athletes,now look at all his nephew's,must be because from Shade.Had to throw that in. :122245 I like our little town,if you blink,you missed it,now the new road is built you dont see it.Its real silent.NICE! Still have the Store though!!
Coach D will have the girls ready,they all are a fine group of talent.Go ladie Spartans win the TVC.8)

NYBucksDad
JV Team

Post by NYBucksDad »

Shade is a great little community and I still have a lot of family living in Shade heck my Aunt and late uncle owned that little store at one time. I just can’t believe anyone would get on here a question a Guthrie and his loyalty to Alexander Basketball.

GOOD luck Lady SPARTANS

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

As a person of any intelligence should realize that bringing kids into some of this is just wrong and has NO place in High School Athletics, and NOT what interscholastic competition and programs are about. Have your free speech all you want on courthouse steps, public parks, and the like, but anyone who has study any constitutional law would know that even as far back as the writing of the consititution that free speech is not an absolute right and has limits!

Return to “Girls Basketball”