Regional Semi: Oak Hill vs. Wheelersburg

Post by mattash »

Wheelersburg vs. Oak Hill Feb 27th 6:15 @ Lancaster High School

Thoughts?

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: Regional Semi: Oak Hill vs. Wheelersburg

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

This is another team that the Lady Pirates have beaten twice already this season, but as we all know the tourney is a completely different animal. I think the Burg can and will win this game, but it's going to take another solid effort by everyone to get it done. Oak Hill is a season tourney team and it seems like they are in the regionals every year and they aren't going to lay down for anyone. My guess is this one is decided by less than 10 points and will come down to free throws to seal it for one or the other.

Good luck to the Lady Pirates!!

BULDOG
All Conference

Re: Girls 2/27 Regional Semi: Oak Hill vs. Wheelersburg

Post by BULDOG »

The last meeting between these two went down to the wire. Burg was winning this game late with a little over a minute remaining, but a forced shot or two and a couple turnovers made the difference in this one. Burg must show composure late in the game as they did to get the win over Minford.

Should be a dandy. Oak Hill has the edge in winning both regluar season meetings, but for Burg it may be a 3rd time is a charm.

FalconX
JV Team

Post by FalconX »

BULDOG wrote:Should be a dandy. Oak Hill has the edge in winning both regluar season meetings, but for Burg it may be a 3rd time is a charm.

Wheelersburg won the regular season contests. Their only two losses are to South Webster.

Burg Grad 77, what do you see as the key matchups in this game? Oak Hill improved throughout much of the season.

Good luck to both teams.

Leaving Minford
Freshman Team

Post by Leaving Minford »

This thread is starting off to be a dandy.

You have one guy that admits only seeing two or three girls games in his life trying to give input. Then you have another saying that Oak Hill has the advantage based upon their two wins over Burg but Burg will win because the third time is the charm. Then finally you have another poster asking the guy who has only seen two or three girls games to give his keys to the game.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just joking with you all. I find this stuff hilarious come tournament time when everyone has their input including me.

iwearblacknikes
S

Post by iwearblacknikes »

Oak Hill lost to Burg @ burg by 2 and they lost at home by 3

dolittle
Riding the Bench

Post by dolittle »

Two regular season games decided by a few points just means this is probably going to be another dandy of a game. Good luck to both teams!

iwearblacknikes
S

its quite dandy that the word dandy has been used so much in this dandy topic

FalconX
JV Team

Post by FalconX »

Leaving Minford wrote:Then finally you have another poster asking the guy who has only seen two or three girls games to give his keys to the game.

Lets be patient and see what information he/she can give us. :-D
Last edited by FalconX on Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Leaving Minford
Freshman Team

Post by Leaving Minford »

I know you were thinking the same thing I was, I just wanted to make a point as to how crazy he sounds sometimes. He needs to stay over on the boys side, but then again he doesn't go to all of those games either. he better just stick to football.

iwearblacknikes
S

lets be patient or lets have patience

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

burg by 5

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Thanks Minford Millie. Burg Grad 77 is probably having to do some research for that response. Or asking someone who has actually seen a few games :lol:

But back to the topic, it should be a good game, too bad these games can't be on the weekends without interefering with the boys schedules.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Minford Millie wrote:
BULDOG wrote:Should be a dandy. Oak Hill has the edge in winning both regluar season meetings, but for Burg it may be a 3rd time is a charm.

Wheelersburg won the regular season contests. Their only two losses are to South Webster.

Burg Grad 77, what do you see as the key matchups in this game? Oak Hill improved throughout much of the season.

Good luck to both teams.

Man do I feel like an idiot! :oops: Sorry about that.

Now that it has been pointed out I do remember that it was the Webster game I was thinking about. So scratch my comments and I'll keep my trap shut about this one.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

lol, it is alright buldog. The games were close and could have gone either way. The first game Burg led throughout the entire game and Oak Hill took the lead with under a minute to go but was unable to finish. Second game Oak Hill led throughout and Burg surged in the third and held the lead.
Easy to get them confused. It's a long season :lol:

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

GO LADY OAKS

buckeye221
Freshman Team

Post by buckeye221 »

This should be an exciting game! I am very anxious to see who wins...

Fighting_Irish
Waterboy

Post by Fighting_Irish »

I watched the first two games between Burg & Oak Hill. This should be a good one between both and I know the burg girls coaches will have them ready! Go Burg!!!!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Leaving Minford wrote:This thread is starting off to be a dandy.

You have one guy that admits only seeing two or three girls games in his life trying to give input. Then you have another saying that Oak Hill has the advantage based upon their two wins over Burg but Burg will win because the third time is the charm. Then finally you have another poster asking the guy who has only seen two or three girls games to give his keys to the game.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just joking with you all. I find this stuff hilarious come tournament time when everyone has their input including me.

Yes, I have only been to two or three girls games in my life, but just where in my post did I give any specifics about any players or strategies. I just pointed out the generalities of the game.

Burg has beat them twice - correct
Oak Hill is a seasoned tourney veteran - correct
It's going to take a solid effort for the Burg to win - correct
Probably be less the 10 point margin of victory for either team - going on the two previous matchups, correct

As for keys to the game, anyone that knows basketball knows that taking care of the ball and limiting your turnovers, rebounding both defensively and offensively, hitting your free throws, staying out of foul trouble, hitting your open shots, and playing good solid defense will usually get you a win. The team that does this the best will move on the regional finals. As for matchups, I haven't seen either team play and would just have to go off what I've heard and what I've read in the paper, but it seems to me that Blanton, Baker, and Schmidt are the catalysts to this Burg squad and if they have good games the chances are good for a Burg victory.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Leaving Minford wrote:I know you were thinking the same thing I was, I just wanted to make a point as to how crazy he sounds sometimes. He needs to stay over on the boys side, but then again he doesn't go to all of those games either. he better just stick to football.

Just what did I say in my post that was crazy??? Enlighten me.

As for me not attending all of the Burg boys games, I have a little thing called a JOB. Maybe you've heard of those??? You can take this to the bank though, if I am off on a basketball game night my rearend is there cheering on the Pirates.

Return to “Girls Basketball”