SEOPS Hippo

Re: Division 3 Sectionals- Team Records

Post by Ironman92 »

Thanks Dave

Sid Farkus
Freshman Team

Post by Sid Farkus »

Nickel back wrote:Southeastern now 14-2, winners of 14 in a row.
Southeastern should definitely get the 1 seed now.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Sid Farkus wrote:
Why?

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

bman wrote:
Sid Farkus wrote:
Expect the winner of the TVC-Ohio to get the first seed. Best SE can hope for is No. 2. Will probably end up 3 and Westfall will be four.

Sid Farkus
Freshman Team

Post by Sid Farkus »

bman wrote:
Sid Farkus wrote:
Why?
Because they've won 14 games in a row and they have the best record in the sectional.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Who have they defeated non-league? I watched them beat Jackson, who else have they defeated? They beat a good North Adams team handily. Split with Westfall.

Who has Westfall played and defeated outside of the SVC?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Westfall has 4 games against teams we know nothing about, SVC matchups and lost to Wheelersburg by 17 to start the year. I'd guess they and Alexander are close but I'd give Alex the edge.

Southeastern lost by 37 to Lynchburg Clay to start the season. Win over Waverly by 7.

Hard to say. The SVC is a hard read on how strong it is. It looks as if Southeastern, Westfall and Huntington are all good teams. Huntington would be the clear #5 seed I believe if they were in this sectional.

I wish SE or Westfall had played Vinton County to get a little better idea.

I'm still guessing

1. Nelsonville
2. Southeastern
3. Alexander
4. Westfall

I've been wrong before.

Nickel back
Waterboy

Post by Nickel back »

Southeastern non league
Lynchburg clay, north Adams, Jackson, waverly -58-43, Washington courthouse, Portsmouth clay , Miami trace - will be the best team on our schedule and Fairfield.

Westfall 3 teams in Florida, Grove city - best team they have played ( have stud going to wake forest) Wheelersburg , Amanda, Logan elm, and circlville

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Nickel back wrote:Southeastern non league
Lynchburg clay, north Adams, Jackson, waverly -58-43, Washington courthouse, Portsmouth clay , Miami trace - will be the best team on our schedule and Fairfield.

Westfall 3 teams in Florida, Grove city - best team they have played ( have stud going to wake forest) Wheelersburg , Amanda, Logan elm, and circlville
Not sure Miami Trace is better than Lynchburg but they are closes looks. WCH has a good record and played Trace to within 1 possession I think but also lost to D4 Fairfield (who has a good record but also feasting off teams from the weak SHAC small school division....and just lost to 3-13 D4 Whiteoak.

It will all play out. Skeens is a player that may not be able to be matched up with having her set of skills most girls just can't match with speed, explosion, strength and touch. She's fun to watch for sure.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Ironman92 wrote:Westfall has 4 games against teams we know nothing about, SVC matchups and lost to Wheelersburg by 17 to start the year. I'd guess they and Alexander are close but I'd give Alex the edge.

Southeastern lost by 37 to Lynchburg Clay to start the season. Win over Waverly by 7.

Hard to say. The SVC is a hard read on how strong it is. It looks as if Southeastern, Westfall and Huntington are all good teams. Huntington would be the clear #5 seed I believe if they were in this sectional.

I wish SE or Westfall had played Vinton County to get a little better idea.

I'm still guessing

1. Nelsonville
2. Southeastern
3. Alexander
4. Westfall

I've been wrong before.
That's a fair guess. I see the NY-Alex winner here before the draw getting the top seed with the loser getting the third.

Snotnose
Riding the Bench

Post by Snotnose »

I believe Huntington is now 13-5, they won at Amanda last night

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

The team that Westfall lost to in Florida was Nease, who is a legit team in the state of Florida who is extremely athletic, based out of Ponte Verde Florida and is 19-5 last I heard. They have Leon Searcy's daughter on their team who is a 3-Star, top 100 recruit, I know some don't want to believe that some of these tournaments are quality, but I assure you the KSA tournament is quality and Nease is a legit basketball team.

These are highlights of her as a sophomore
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QTjzcojzJ8c

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sHkA5GjCGFo

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Pol pot wrote:

The team that Westfall lost to in Florida was Nease, who is a legit team in the state of Florida who is extremely athletic, based out of Ponte Verde Florida and is 19-5 last I heard. They have Leon Searcy's daughter on their team who is a 3-Star, top 100 recruit, I know some don't want to believe that some of these tournaments are quality, but I assure you the KSA tournament is quality and Nease is a legit basketball team.

These are highlights of her as a sophomore
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QTjzcojzJ8c

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sHkA5GjCGFo
I didn't word my post the best....we know they likely played great teams in Florida and Grove City also, but no one else we know has played them so it's hard to measure a bit.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Snotnose wrote:I believe Huntington is now 13-5, they won at Amanda last night
That Sams girl can shoot...wow is she impressive

Titan
Waterboy

Post by Titan »

Southeastern deserves the 1 seed with that record

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Record is not the end all, be all.

Strength of schedule is a major factor, so are quality wins. Africentric boys will come to the Convo with a 14 win team and wipe the floor with its opponents. You have to look at everything, a great record gets you in the conversation, but its up the coaches to evaluate before actually voting.

Titan
Waterboy

Post by Titan »

Strength of schedule means a lot if you win. Anyone can schedule a tough team and loose!

Titan
Waterboy

Post by Titan »

Lose that is!

Return to “Girls Basketball”