Division 3 Sectionals- Team Records

socfan
All Conference

Division 3 Sectionals- Team Records

Post by socfan »

2 Weeks From Sunday, The tournament brackets will be released. Thought now would be a good time to start sharing team records.

Valley Sectional
Adena 2-14
Eastern Brown 11-5
Huntington 11-5
Lynchburg 14-1
North Adams 13-2
Northwest
Peebles 6-9
Piketon 10-5
Rock Hill
West Union 6-9

Rock Hill Sectional
Chesapeake
Dawson Bryant
Fairland
Ironton 15-0
Minford
Portsmouth
Portsmouth West
South Point
Valley
Wheelersburg

Athens Sectional
Alexander 11-4
Crooksville
New Lexington
Nelsonville-York 11-4
Oak Hill
River Valley
Southeastern 11-2
Wellston
Westfall 11-4
Zane Trace 2-11
Last edited by socfan on Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: Division 3 Sectionals- Team Records

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Ironton 14-0

Pop80
Waterboy

Post by Pop80 »

Ironton is 15-0 after today's win.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Alexander is 11-4, with 4 very very tough games coming back at them. 2-2 in that would be great. Needs fewer set plays and trust the kids to go play.

NY is 11-4 as well

Caveman26
Waterboy

Post by Caveman26 »

Rock Hill is 10-5 and has a shot to finish with 14 to 16 wins.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Valley

1. Lynchburg
2. North Adams
3. Rock Hill
4. Eastern Brown

Rock Hill

1. Ironton
2. Burg

Athens

1. Nelsonville
2. Southeastern
3. Alexander
4. Westfall

The Athens sectional is a tough call...I feel like Nelsonville and Alex are the top 2 teams

Eastern Brown in a tough spot because they have had to play Lynchburg twice already and North Adams...the 4 seed will have the 1 seed in the next round

Nickel back
Waterboy

Post by Nickel back »

Southeastern made some changes since losing the first two games of the season to Lynchburg clay In a blowout and westfall by 2 and have currently won 11 in a row including a 20+ point win over a decent North Adams team. They play five games in the next seven days which will be grueling but If they pull out wins against Washington Courthouse, Huntington on the road and Westfall in the rematch this week they should be the 1 seed in Athens . Even if they come in with 3 losses they should get it but after the way some of the coaches ( and I use that term loosely) voted last year, who knows where anyone will end up. Here's to an injury free end of the season and best of luck to all the teams.

Ironton is the best team I have seen in this district followed by Wheelersburg then Lynchburg
Clay, and yes I know Lynchburg beat the burg in a head to head match up.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

By 14

hoops37
Waterboy

Post by hoops37 »

Valley Sectional
Adena 2-15
Eastern Brown 12-5
Huntington 12-5
Lynchburg 14-1
North Adams 13-2
Northwest 4-10
Peebles 6-9
Piketon 12-5
Rock Hill 8-5
West Union 6-9

Rock Hill Sectional
Chesapeake 12-4
Dawson Bryant 4-10
Fairland 13-2
Ironton 15-0
Minford 12-6
Portsmouth 2-12
Portsmouth West 1-14
South Point 7-6
Valley 8-7
Wheelersburg 14-3

Athens Sectional
Alexander 11-4
Crooksville 6-10 (I think. They could be 7-9 but I made an educated guess.)
New Lexington 4-13 ( I think.)
Nelsonville-York 11-4
Oak Hill 6-11
River Valley 8-7
Southeastern 13-2
Wellston 1-15
Westfall 12-4
Zane Trace 2-12
Last edited by hoops37 on Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:14 am, edited 4 times in total.

hoops37
Waterboy

Post by hoops37 »

Valley:
1. LC (clear cut. It's done!)
2. NA (3 less losses than EB, but a close loss to them. Not sure how to seed these 2. Thoughts?)
3. EB (could argue they are 2 with win versus NA)
4. Rock Hill (greatly improved team)
5. Piketon (hard nosed quality team as usual.)
6. Huntington (pretty good record for a 6 seed)
7. West Union
8. Northwest
9. Adena
10. West

Rock Hill:
1. Ironton (best team in SEO)
2. Wheelersburg (they could argue for the 1 seed if they beat ironton... 3 loses to very quality teams. Look for Ironton to win though.)
3. Fairland (big win last night. I had them as the 4, but with that win, bumped them up. Never would have thought they would be a 3 seed with all they graduated. Great coaching job.)
4. Chesapeake (looking at their non-conference, one might argue Minford 4, but it doesn't matter as its the 4-5 game. Think they are better than Fairland, but lost head to head to them. When do they play again could be key.)
5. Minford (incredibly good 5 seed. Look for them to make noise in tourney. Played right with burg and webster all 4 games.)
6. Valley (Not a ton of talent other than Duduit and Conaway. Play hard though. Could be the 7. Splitting hairs.)
7. South Point (Solid like Valley. Could argue they are the 6.)
8. Coal Grove
9. Portsmoth
10. West

Athens:
1. Nelsonville (Only due to winning H2H with Alex)
2. Alexander (Best non-conf schedule in SEO. Deserve the seed.)
3. Southeastern (if they beat Westfall this week.)
4. Westfall (good team, just not better than the 3 above them.)
5. Oak Hill (Different team with Blanton's. Look at record with and without.)
6. River Valley (Lost to Oak HIll so I bumped them down below Oak Hill.)
7. Crooksville
8. New Lexington
9. Zane Trace
10. Wellston

Also, if any of you need records I use jackson county times, ironton tribune, svc sportszone

Looks like Lynchburg, Ironton, Burg, Fairland, Chesapeake, Minford, Nelsonville, Alexander, and Southeastern are the teams with a shot for regionals to me. When is the draw and where?

Handsandwheels91
Waterboy

Post by Handsandwheels91 »

Don't see Rock Hill getting the #4 seed with no league affiliates voting. Piketon/Huntington in the 4/5 game. They both should finish with 14-16 wins.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

hoops37 wrote:Valley:
1. LC (clear cut. It's done!)
2. NA (3 less losses than EB, but a close loss to them. Not sure how to seed these 2. Thoughts?)
3. EB (could argue they are 2 with win versus NA)
4. Rock Hill (greatly improved team)
5. Piketon (hard nosed quality team as usual.)
6. Huntington (pretty good record for a 6 seed)
7. West Union
8. Northwest
9. Adena
10. West

Rock Hill:
1. Ironton (best team in SEO)
2. Wheelersburg (they could argue for the 1 seed if they beat ironton... 3 loses to very quality teams. Look for Ironton to win though.)
3. Fairland (big win last night. I had them as the 4, but with that win, bumped them up. Never would have thought they would be a 3 seed with all they graduated. Great coaching job.)
4. Chesapeake (looking at their non-conference, one might argue Minford 4, but it doesn't matter as its the 4-5 game. Think they are better than Fairland, but lost head to head to them. When do they play again could be key.)
5. Minford (incredibly good 5 seed. Look for them to make noise in tourney. Played right with burg and webster all 4 games.)
6. Valley (Not a ton of talent other than Duduit and Conaway. Play hard though. Could be the 7. Splitting hairs.)
7. South Point (Solid like Valley. Could argue they are the 6.)
8. Coal Grove
9. Portsmoth
10. West

Athens:
7. Crooksville
8. New Lexington
9. Zane Trace
10. Wellston

Also, if any of you need records I use jackson county times, ironton tribune, svc sportszone

Looks like Lynchburg, Ironton, Burg, Fairland, Chesapeake, Minford, Nelsonville, Alexander, and Southeastern are the teams with a shot for regionals to me. When is the draw and where?
trivalleyconference.com has all the TVC records.

hoops37
Waterboy

Post by hoops37 »

thanks I will remember that.

Hoop Wizard
Waterboy

Post by Hoop Wizard »

Matchups are key at tourney time. Playing on a 94' court makes a huge difference to some of these teams. A team with size(Chesapeake)-typically like a slower pace game. A team with guards(South Point)- like a faster pace to the game. Guards and experience are key at tourney time. Having seen most of the Rock Hill sectional teams multiple times- I feel Ironton and Wheelersburg both have what it takes to win a regional championship. I'd have to give the advantage to Ironton- Barrier is a matchup nightmare for any team that has tried to guard her.....plus she can defend from the guard to the post. Ironton's ability to guard in man defense and their athleticism is hard to duplicate. After these 2 teams their are 4 teams that can cause problems for others. SP/Ches/Fairland/Minford- I feel out of these 4 Minford is the most tourney ready. Their schedule has readied them for the tourney having to play the Burg twice and SW twice- but in a one game and advance format anything can happen. Let's get ready to rumble!!!!

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Alex will get the top seed in Athens, Coach working those phones and connections, and remember they play each other yet again. Outside of Waterford, who has Nelsonville played? Who else will they play? And come tournament time Alex has the coach experience factor, as that young man has worked college basketball and been in big time tournaments under big time coaches. Will be the odds on favorite.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Pol pot wrote:Alex will get the top seed in Athens, Coach working those phones and connections, and remember they play each other yet again. Outside of Waterford, who has Nelsonville played? Who else will they play? And come tournament time Alex has the coach experience factor, as that young man has worked college basketball and been in big time tournaments under big time coaches. Will be the odds on favorite.
If Nelsonville-York sweeps Alex and wins the TVC-OHIO outright then they deserve the number one seed.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Orange and Brown wrote:
Pol pot wrote:Alex will get the top seed in Athens, Coach working those phones and connections, and remember they play each other yet again. Outside of Waterford, who has Nelsonville played? Who else will they play? And come tournament time Alex has the coach experience factor, as that young man has worked college basketball and been in big time tournaments under big time coaches. Will be the odds on favorite.
If Nelsonville-York sweeps Alex and wins the TVC-OHIO outright then they deserve the number one seed.

Remember this is the same group of coaches who voted a 4 win team above a 12 win team last year in a few ballots. Never be shocked.

Sid Farkus
Freshman Team

Post by Sid Farkus »

hoops37 wrote:Athens:
7. Crooksville
8. New Lexington
9. Zane Trace
10. Wellston
I'm going to have to disagree with this. Southeastern has won their last 12 games and they have the best record in this sectional. If they beat Westfall Thursday, and they definitely should, I think they should be a lock for the #1 seed.

hoops37
Waterboy

Post by hoops37 »

The top 4 are tough to seed out in Athens, plus I don't see a ton of SVC basketball. I see way more OVC and some SOC when they play OVC's

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I gotta give NY an edge on non conference scheduling - not to mention the TVC-Ohio possess 4 tough games with Alexander (11-5) and Vinton County (12-4)

The Lady Buckeyes have faced undefeated Waterford (possibly a state champion). They played at Waverly, Fairfield Union, at Hartley, at Cabell Midland, at Olentangy and Bishop Ready.

Pretty good schedule for a DIII team from southeastern Ohio.

Nelsonville-York schedule ... http://trivalleyconference.com/Nelsonville-York.html

Return to “Girls Basketball”