Anyone else surprised by Alex

thebarlowbandit
All State

Anyone else surprised by Alex

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Really thought they'd be better than they have been so far this season. Have some top quality guards, but just don't seem to find much flow. When I watch them, it's just set plays, not much just letting those athletes play. Looks like another year of no title in Albany.

spartans_fan
Varsity

Re: Anyone else surprised by Alex

Post by spartans_fan »

I agree, really no quality wins this season. Only beat Greenfield McClain, Warren and split with Vinton County. Losses to VC, Nelsonville York and South Webster. I would say they are falling apart. :roll:

Alexander Lady Spartans will be fine. Need to learn how to finish games with leads. Had leads late in the NY and VC losses. They will be a tough out come tournament time.

Go Alex.

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

Yes - seems to be a rebuilding season at Alex! :lol:

thebarlowbandit
All State

Been rebuilding for 5 years.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

They are pretty darn good team. They play tough grind it out defense, they don't run up and down the floor because they aren't that kind of team. I enjoyed the both times I've gotten to watch them this season. They are still in the hunt for the league title.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

thebarlowbandit wrote:Really thought they'd be better than they have been so far this season. Have some top quality guards, but just don't seem to find much flow. When I watch them, it's just set plays, not much just letting those athletes play. Looks like another year of no title in Albany.
No title? They have 3 TVC titles in the last 7 years, final four in basketball, and a state title in volleyball :roll:

Nybucks70-80
Varsity

Post by Nybucks70-80 »

Raider6309 wrote:
thebarlowbandit wrote:Really thought they'd be better than they have been so far this season. Have some top quality guards, but just don't seem to find much flow. When I watch them, it's just set plays, not much just letting those athletes play. Looks like another year of no title in Albany.
No title? They have 3 TVC titles in the last 7 years, final four in basketball, and a state title in volleyball :roll:
What does volleyball have to do with this. BTW These girls where in Grade school when they won it in 2008!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I don't understand his logic, in the last seven years it's been all Athens(4) and Alexander(3) for girls basketball. Does he mean a state title?

thebarlowbandit
All State

No, with all the returning talent they have coming back they have in some estimations have not gotten any better. NY lost a strong core of players and had one returning studdette in Addis, while Alex had Richardson and added her sister, and graduated there 3-4th best scorer and that's it. Just thought with the talent they have coming back, thy would be better.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Raider6309 wrote:I don't understand his logic, in the last seven years it's been all Athens(4) and Alexander(3) for girls basketball. Does he mean a state title?
He is talking about basketball. What is so hard to understand him talking about basketball titles....... And he is talking about this particular group of kids and TVC BASKETBALL. Not volleyball lol

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Orange and Brown wrote:
Raider6309 wrote:I don't understand his logic, in the last seven years it's been all Athens(4) and Alexander(3) for girls basketball. Does he mean a state title?
He is talking about basketball. What is so hard to understand him talking about basketball titles....... And he is talking about this particular group of kids and TVC BASKETBALL. Not volleyball lol
Well he said no titles and the TVC has been dominated by Athens and Alexander the last 7 years.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

But Alex has a great program. Just shows the TVC is a tough league

thebarlowbandit
All State

I'll disagree, they are not living up to the talent yet, they and Athens are two teams who have gotten worse. Alex didn't have 20 at half on a poor Meigs team, struggled to get to 20 v Athens. They just are not clicking yet.

stevebusby
Waterboy

Post by stevebusby »

Waterford will be a challenge on the 18th! Should tell you something about Alexander.

Return to “Girls Basketball”