South Webster @ Wheelersburg

bbjunky81
SEO

South Webster @ Wheelersburg

Post by bbjunky81 »

Surprised there isn't a thread on this already. HUGE game in the SOC II this evening.

South Webster comes in undefeated, and Wheelersburg has only lost 1 game in the league. If South Webster wins, they control their own destiny to win the SOC II outright. If Wheelersburg wins, all signs point to a split in the league.

Thoughts on tonight's matchup?

I'll say

South Webster 49
Wheelersburg 47

Watching SE Ohio basketball
toast
All State

Re: South Webster @ Wheelersburg

Post by toast »

South Webster's game goes through Hall. Ruby has the speed, quickness and tenacity to keep her from running wild. Burg is slightly more athletic and quicker. South Webster has an advantage in that they have several seniors. This game should be a dandy!

Wheelersburg 47
South Webster 39

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Burg wins 44-39. Great team effort and a huge crowd

hoops37
Waterboy

Post by hoops37 »

I normally just lurk on here to find scores, but wanted to say this is one of the best area high school girls basketball games I've ever seen. Surprised by the lack of comments.

The passion displayed on the floor was incredible. Wheelersburg guard Holden had a slew of rebounds and little guard for them has energy for days. I thought South Webster might try to post her up. South Webster center hit two big threes. Both teams coaches and bench players were screaming, yelling, dancing, and celebrating every possession they scored. Crowd was huge for both home and visitor. Pirate cheer block did a white out. Very entertaining to watch. I almost forgot the announcer who was interestingly passionate to say the least.

Games like this are a reminder what sports are about. Hopefully both teams do well in the tournament and I think they will.

pirates87
Waterboy

Post by pirates87 »

I agree. One of the best high school girls basketball games I have watched.

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

Great game with great atmosphere. Burg only had one side of the bleachers pulled out and had to pull the other side out before the varsity game started.

Probably the best girls game I have ever seen was another SW vs Burg in 2008. Last game of the regular season at SW and with the win the Jeeps would go a perfect 20-0 on the regular season and win the SOC outright. Burg's only SOC lose was to SW that year and they could win a share of the title with a win.

There was not a seat to be found in the gym. Never seen that many people at any game, boys or girls. WNXT was there for radio coverage. Two great teams in there fighting it out for a major win. The score was back and forth all night but the Jeeps finally pulled away the last 2 mins or so. Can't remember the score but it was very close. Awesome night for local small town basketball.

Handsandwheels91
Waterboy

Post by Handsandwheels91 »

Can anybody post these two teams complete schedules with results and dates? Would really appreciate it.

Return to “Girls Basketball”