Wheelersburg vs South Webster 1/24/08

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

Maybe school officials are concerned about the forecast for tonight. I'm sure the schools would rather be safe than sorry. Either way, the game will be made up.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

BlindWhiteHat wrote:Maybe school officials are concerned about the forecast for tonight. I'm sure the schools would rather be safe than sorry. Either way, the game will be made up.
Good point..

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

I know this for a fact that when South Webster made the trip to OAK HILL it was alot worse than it is today, An we had to travel the worst part of 140. I know the coach for Webster, an if it was Up to Her an Her players they would play inside or out it wouldnt matter to them they just want to PLAY BALL. :lol:

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

SENDEM wrote:I know this for a fact that when South Webster made the trip to OAK HILL it was alot worse than it is today, An we had to travel the worst part of 140. I know the coach for Webster, an if it was Up to Her an Her players they would play inside or out it wouldnt matter to them they just want to PLAY BALL. :lol:
When did they cancel?This Morning, Early today,or after school?? Or did they even have school?

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

They didnt cancel the game until around 2:30 this afternoon is what i was told!!

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

SENDEM wrote:They didnt cancel the game until around 2:30 this afternoon is what i was told!!
When it's finally played it should be a good one!

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

This will probably build alittle more fire in the YOUNG Lady JEEPS!!! Good luck to both teams to stay healthy til the next scheduled meeting an thru tounaments both teams should make a deep run the way the brackets are set up.

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

It doesn't matter who cancelled. They probably did so because of the roads that are wet will freeze with the temp dropping. I know both team really want to play this game but looks like it won't happen until week after next.

Hope both teams have a good games on Monday and Thursday (I think Burg plays Saturday too) and everyone stays healthy.

Sendem was right, the Lady Jeeps and Lady Pirates should make a deep tournament run. It would be great to see two SOC teams go very far.

waydowntown
Freshman Team

Post by waydowntown »

digger wrote: It would be great to see two SOC teams go very far.

Most definitely. It would be awesome to have another year like when both boy's teams went to the final four in '06- what a year for Scioto county and all of Southeastern Ohio. We can only hope for the best! Good luck to both teams and remain healthy throughout the remainder of the season!

BurgGrad
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgGrad »

Game has been rescheduled for 2/4/08 with the JV game starting at 6:00.

Good luck to the Lady Pirates both varsity & JV.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

digger wrote:Sendem was right, the Lady Jeeps and Lady Pirates should make a deep tournament run. It would be great to see two SOC teams go very far.

3 teams you mean

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

MOF, my bad. I haven't looked at the bracket for the Oaks. What does it look like?

socfan
All Conference

Post by socfan »

digger wrote:It doesn't matter who cancelled. They probably did so because of the roads that are wet will freeze with the temp dropping. I know both team really want to play this game but looks like it won't happen until week after next.

From what I understand is that the administrators from both schools decided that it would be best to postpone the game. I also believe that the Jr. High boys were to play at Wheelersburg and I mentioned about cancelling one game. so it made sense if one was cancelled, the other should be as well.

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

I heard this week that an old friend of mine, Jeff Queen, is an assistant coach with the Lady Jeeps this year. Is that true? If so, I'm glad to hear of him getting back into the coaching ranks. Does he have a daughter that plays on this team?

Thanks

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

digger wrote:MOF, my bad. I haven't looked at the bracket for the Oaks. What does it look like?

These are the teams that are in our bracket:

1. Huntington
2. Nelsonville York
3. Oak Hill
4. Alexander
5. Trimble
6. Dawson-Bryant
7. Zane Trace
8. Peebles
9. Northwest
10. Belpre

To me a very winnable bracket, BUT you have to show up and each and every one of those teams is thinking the same thing, we can win this thing.

If you go by seeds, Oak Hill would play Coal Grove, Nelsonville and then Huntington if they were to all win out.

waydowntown
Freshman Team

Post by waydowntown »

bucknut 23 wrote:I heard this week that an old friend of mine, Jeff Queen, is an assistant coach with the Lady Jeeps this year. Is that true? If so, I'm glad to hear of him getting back into the coaching ranks. Does he have a daughter that plays on this team?

Thanks

Yes, that is true. Queen and JV coach Emily Hempill help out Coach Johnson with coaching the Lady Jeeps. Queen's daughter, Taylor Queen is a very valuable part of the team. She's not a starter, but she's a very big threat off the bench as a scorer and defender. I've seen her put up 15+ pts a few times this year.

southwebsterjeep09
Waterboy

Post by southwebsterjeep09 »

anyone know when it has been rescheduled for?

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

The game has been rescheduled to be played on FEB 4th!

southwebsterjeep09
Waterboy

Post by southwebsterjeep09 »

thanks

Return to “Girls Basketball”