Waterford at Southern

hoopitup
Freshman Team

Waterford at Southern

Post by hoopitup »

The Lady Cats go to Southern tonight. I hope they are ready to bounce back from the very emotional loss on Saturday. Good Luck to this very fine group of talented young ladies.

swamisez
JV Team

Post by swamisez »

I feel sorry for the Tornadoes. Coach Close will bring the noise on them tonight.

hoopitup
Freshman Team

Post by hoopitup »

Couldn't go to this one. Any results?

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Waterford 81-27

bogo
Riding the Bench

Post by bogo »

When Waterford wins why do they have to beat the other teams brains in where is the love. I know it's hard to hold a good team back and some of the teams they play are weak but come on. Will the current coach be around when the talent dries up, will he stay around so the other teams can get even?

Kerinon
Freshman Team

Post by Kerinon »

I wasn't at this game, but have been at many others for the past two years. I've seen this type of post again and again and again. My theory, which is only as valuable as my opinion, is that in reality these girls have bigger fish to fry in just a few weeks. They have to condition themselves, execute their plays and defend the opponent, whoever that may be, as if it is the Classic, the Sweet Sixteen, the Final Four. You don't get to where this program is by taking it easy. As far as the talent drying up, Waterford is flood country. They're training their talent from the third grade up. This is not a high school from which four or five grade schools feed in. The girls (and guys) in this program have played together since the third grade, with the exception of a couple of kids who came from a local small Catholic school. This is an exceptional program with a bright future. Each year brings in talent to fill the shoes of the ladies who are moving on. Take a look at their roster and you'll realize that there are only 3 seniors on the floor. No matter your opinion of the coaching staff or their tactics, you have to respect this small community's support for their teams and their committment to such a strong athletic program.

hoopitup
Freshman Team

Post by hoopitup »

I wasn't at this game either but I was told that King, Brown, and Drayer didn't even start the game!!! As a matter of fact, I am not sure you could say they played a whole half. Gimme a break!

Gregg811
Varsity

Post by Gregg811 »

Thanks Kerinon and hoopitup very good posts. As for the Waterford Lady Cats, yes these girls indeed have bigger fish to fry starting sat at Vinton County(undefeated) so lay off the coach and these girls. This program is solid from grade school all the way up. There ian't much drop off from the starting five, all these girls work extremely hard and many hours are put into this program. If you look at programs such as Col Afrincentric, Berlin Hiland, and East Canton, these programs work year round to achieve the success the receive. This is what Coach Close is striving for with the Waterford program. So let these girls play their game. Give it a break!!!!!!!!!

GO LADY CATS

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Waterford is going to have their hands full tomorrow night. There is no need for anyone to be bashing the coach, or the program. They have sought out a tough non-conference schedule, and tomorrow night is a good example.

Just maybe, SD, will be in attendance for tomorrow night's game in McArthur.

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
marklane
JV Team

Scores

Post by marklane »

I don't see a lot of people on JJHuddle or other websites complaining about Berlin Hiland or Africentric winning games 93-12!

bogo
Riding the Bench

Post by bogo »

Guys go easy I don't know much about the Waterford program and was just asking a few questions. Wondering what kind of program they are running and what kind of coach they have so when someone just asks question don't get in a uproar.( i should of said IF the talent dries)

Return to “Girls Basketball”