Jackson's "ramblin wreck" headed to Ga Tech?

jackson1
Freshman Team

Jackson's "ramblin wreck" headed to Ga Tech?

Post by jackson1 »

The topic of conversation in "Jtown" today is their much controversaial AD is head to Ga. Tech to take a new position in their football program.

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

Has he left yet? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

He is not listed on Georgia Tech's web site for football. The new coach has taken 5-6 coaches from Navy but he is not listed.

db98
Waterboy

Post by db98 »

Is he going to finish the year or head out now?

If a dog's gonna bite, he's gonna bite as a pup.
MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

shoot, I would be a perfect fit for the next AD
*no experience, wants about $80,000 salary
sign me up!

just kidding by the way :lol:

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

bballfan1
Waterboy

Post by bballfan1 »

I believe his salary was $72,000. However, I would say it is a safe bet the salary will be dropped when they hire the new A.D. The extra pay did not produce great results. All I know is that Jackson High School will never be impressed with the Naval Acedemy degree on a resume again. Unless we plan to military attack Oak Hill or Wellston :lol:

theville
Waterboy

Post by theville »

any idea of who will step up or in?

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

My guess would be an interim director for the rest of the year, then hire someone this summer.

Swampfox
Freshman Team

Jackson AD

Post by Swampfox »

I am an outsider so it doesn't matter to me. To be a successful AD, scheduling, communication and committment are needed. You have to schedule games, ref and bus drivers. You must also be able to communicate with the community becauce sports programs can not survive without volunteers. You must have a committment to the students. The volunteers is really essential for fund raising and general helping to get things done. It sounds like for what ever reason this aspect was missing. If he didnt have a chance from the start, he was fighting a losing battle. Hiring the good old boy can help in some instances, but sometimes you need new blood that brings a new perspective. The main thing at the end of the day its all about whats good for the students. Before making that committment, make sure their best interest and not yours is what its all about. If you cant look out for the students stay on the sidelines and be quiet.[/u][/b]

bballfan1
Waterboy

Post by bballfan1 »

I hope they do a better job hiring an interim AD than they did high school principal. Jackson City schools is a first class joke right now. I love the city and I am an alumni. Something has to be done. The school board better hire a superintendent that can unite and one that "cares and loves the community". I would prefer somebody from within the community. Somebody who bleeds red and white and somebody that will get people in the right positions, and someone who cares about the KIDS. Our kids have been let down by the administration enough!
Lame duck superintendent.
Interim Principal
Interim AD
Way to go Jackson!!!! Way to go School Booard!!

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Jackson has hired an assistant Supt that will do an outstanding job. They need to promote him and let him do the job. What is wrong with the Interm HS Principal?

bballfan1
Waterboy

Post by bballfan1 »

Bengalfan76: I do like the asst super. I just think we need somebody from Jackson. Too many times when we hire from the outside they end up ruining everything. They do not understand the community and student needs. I also think administrators need to live in the district. How many actually do? This is what happened with Wellston. I have nothing against the interim principal, but I have talked with many high school students and they do not seem to be happy at all. Time will tell. The superintendent knew the principal was retiring the beginning of June and dragged his feet. They should have had someone hired then. Again poor administration work ethic. Time to get people in there that love the community, school tradition, and STUDENTS.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

agree ^^^^

but as far as the asst super....He lives 20 minutes away and it's a 4 lane highway. The guy is at everything....and he likes it very much in Jackson.

A no nonsense guy...with common sense.

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

I am glad my student is Graduating in May and all this hoopla is under our feet. Our family can go on with life knowing we all Graduated from JHS. Some of the years were great but these last 2 years have really been a bummer. I feel for all the students and athletes that have been left out because of Mr. Sniders lack of responsibility and commitment. I just have one Question for everyone: How can he run a college program when he could not run a high school program from Southern Ohio????????

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Imbreding is not always a good thing :lol:
Phil would be great for the kids of Jackson. Hiring the best person should be the goal not the best Jackson guy. Phil is a Product of SE OHiO and understands what is needed to do the job. He has an Athletic background and was an outstanding teacher.

bballfan1
Waterboy

Post by bballfan1 »

In breeding what a joke. I am just tied of outsiders screwing everything up. I only have one concern and that he is best friends with Steve Anderson, that makes me very cautious. I am concerned of hiring a best friend of a person that has single handedly tore this school district apart. Other school districts hire their own and have had great success. Why doesn't Jackson try. They could do know worse. If the board feels that he is the best candidate then I would support him totally, but you have to understand my caution.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

I understand your caution.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

They may be from the same area and know each other well.....but they seem to be a lot different if you ask me.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Very.

Return to “Girls Basketball”