South Point @ Coal Grove 1/7

osumufan
SE

South Point @ Coal Grove 1/7

Post by osumufan »

This game has and early tip off due to the OSU game. I have heard 5:00 and 5:30. I am picking the Lady Pointers aka Sooners to win this one!

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

I think the Pointers will win. I am predicting a 15 point or more margin of victory!

OVC1999
Waterboy

Post by OVC1999 »

My apologizes go out to the South Point girl's basketball team and coaching staff. Even being from Coal Grove, I suggest if one of your parent's taped the game--you protest it. I usually am not that hard on the referees, but there's got to be a line drawn somewhere. Tonight was ridiculous and completely out of hand!

love-vdub
Freshman Team

Post by love-vdub »

Yeah, it was a horrible!!!! To beat it off the refs were not from this area. They were from Jackson and the coach from Coal Grove specifically asked for them to come and ref this game! We arlready spoke to SP's coach and he said that they won't do anything even if we do protest. Sucks for SP! But they do have to play on our court! OF course when the Coal Grove's coach is patting the refs on the a**, we knew what to expect! I am glad to see the you being a Coal Grove fan seen the same thing that us SP fans seen. Bad karma; what goes around comes around!!!! :evil:

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

So I take it the Pointers lost? What happended. Fill us in here.

love-vdub
Freshman Team

Post by love-vdub »

Yeah, SP lost, but in order to explain it you would have to see the video. Horrble refs!!!!!!! Onsided of course; against SP. Not to take anything away from Coal Grove they have a good team, but the refs won that game for them. Fletcher and Taylor were fouled out, and Leight only played 4 minutes of the entire game, b/c within the first minute and a half she had 2 fouls called on her. At one point in the game SP had 10 fouls and Coal Grove only had 3. Kayla got rode like a horse the entire game and they never called anything on them. :mad: Our girls got hammered the whole game and they would not call a shooting foul for us, but if we breathed on them to hard it was a foul. Hope the refs feel real nice cheating the SP girls out of this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They didn't win this one THE REFS DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OVC1999
Waterboy

Post by OVC1999 »

Sadly, Coal Grove shot around 40 foulshots and South Point only shot 10.

racenut70
JV Team

Post by racenut70 »

What was the final score? Did any of the CG players foul out?

SPHSsoftball5
Waterboy

Post by SPHSsoftball5 »

humm.. that sucks!

ohioguy
Waterboy

Post by ohioguy »

Yep, I'm sure Coal Grove had some deals going on.

Get real :roll:

You can have horrible refs, but don't jump to the conclusion "the school paid them off". They may just hate SP in general.

love-vdub
Freshman Team

Post by love-vdub »

Did anybody say anything about the refs being "paid off". No I don't think so. The refs made bad call against SP, regardless if they don't like them or not the game still should have been called fairly. But it looks to me as if CG coach was doing something with them!!!!!! :oops:

Safetyman
Riding the Bench

Post by Safetyman »

Did any of the coaches get the refs names and license numbers to report them to the OHSAA? Sounds like they really should think about it.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Game over, concentrate on the next game. I am sure the Pointers can take them the next time at home. Tomorrow they play River Valley at home. Go Sooners!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

So, what was the score????

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
tigermack
Freshman Team

Post by tigermack »

No way would Nick Miller be involved in cheating ANYONE, much less a bunch of kids. If the refs did what you are saying, they acted alone. I am neither a fan of CG or SP but I know this guy personally and he is a good person. So, don't jump to conclusions that he had anything to do with the refs bad calls.

love-vdub
Freshman Team

Post by love-vdub »

You don't go and get refs from a different area, that nobody around here has ever seen and don't give them some type of incentive. SP coach had never even seen these refs before, and he spoke with them after the game in which they said that this was the only game that they had down this way. Refs don't just travel an 1 1/2 away without getting something from it. That's called home cookin'. We will see if they do the same to Chesapeake on Monday. Hopefully Chesapeake will get anothter 25 point win on them.

tigermack
Freshman Team

Post by tigermack »

love-vdub,

I am not disputing what you are saying the refs did or did not do. I wasn't at the game therefore I have no idea what took place. All I am saying is that Nick wouldn't have purposely cheated those kids out of a game. Nick is a christian family oriented guy who loves kids. He doesn't teach his students/athletes that cheating is acceptable. Nothing you can say will convince me otherwise. I don't have an answer for what happened that day, but I don't believe Nick had anything to do with cheating. I am sure if anyone besides the refs had anything to do with it, it was those in higher positions. So, don't harbor ill will towards those kids from CG. (wishing 25 margin defeats) They didn't choose the refs either. ;-)

conehead
Freshman Team

Post by conehead »

Tiger, I think vdub is referring to Chesapeake's 25 point win over Cg last time.

love-vdub
Freshman Team

Post by love-vdub »

Sorry TigerMack,

You can't convince me that he didn't have anything to do with it. I have seen Chrisitan people do worse things than cheat. And yes he did pick those refs for the game!!!!! Enough said about it, the game is over and they have to come to our court, so we will see who the better team is.

tigermack
Freshman Team

Post by tigermack »

Conehead,

I knew exactly what love-vdub was referring to. I was simply saying he/she shouldn't wish another defeat upon the kids....THEY certainly had nothing to do with the picking of the refs.

love-vdub,

A real christian doesn't cheat kids. I will not post about this subject any further as my intent was not to upset you or anyone else on here. I was merely standing up for a friend whom I have known for many years.

Good luck to all local teams.

Return to “Girls Basketball”