Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

South Webster

and in the sectional Whiteoak is a pretty close 2nd

marathon rebel
Freshman Team

Post by marathon rebel »

New Boston is pretty tough from what i have seen and heard, but i don't think they are a better team then south webster, should be a good game to watch. when do they play, if they do?

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

South Webster. The strength of their scrimmages and regular season schedule is alot harder than New Boston's. Most of the teams the Lady Jeeps play during the regular season are Div 3 and their scrimmages were Div 2 & 3.

New Boston is a good team, I just think the Jeeps are better because of their schedule.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Tigers/Jeeps

Post by a_c_m »

New Boston and South Webster do not play each other in regular season. They are both members of the Southern Ohio Conference, however they are in different divisions of the conference, with the Jeeps playing larger schools and better competition. Many of the Tigers league opponents are down this season. Both the Jeeps and Tigers have fine teams. They are both in the same sectional tournament at Northwest. South Webster defeated the Tigers last season in tournament play. There is quite a difference in enrollment with both being Division IV for tournament. South Webster has 112 girls vs. 58 for New Boston.

Good Luck to both teams the rest of the season!
Last edited by a_c_m on Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smoke93
Waterboy

Post by smoke93 »

I would have to add to what acm has said this is not a fair comparison due to the school size difference. So naturually South Webster would have a strong advantage. I have seen both of these teams play and both have very nice teams. Sometimes it is hard to beleave that New Boston is able to compete year in and year out with the amount of kids that they have to choose from. Good Luck to both Teams and May God Bless!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Yes NB is one of the smallest....but SW is in the same division.

If they were D2 or a big D3 you'd have a better case.

waydowntown
Freshman Team

Post by waydowntown »

I believe that the lady jeeps have the advantage as to who's the better team. They definitely have one of the best backcourts in the area, as well as the best defense that i've saw this year. Not to mention, they are a much better well-balanced scoring team this year, and the bench has really matured and provided more depth. They have proven that they can play with almost any team out there, with or without their go-to players. This team is still very young, and good things are to come for the next couple years. As for the lady tigers, they remind me of south webster's team last year. kayla wiley is the big part of that team, and the buckley sisters can step up and put the ball in the basket when wiley has an off-night. However, the team hasn't had a real test yet, and the weekness of their schedule can be a huge disadvantage when tourney time rolls around. Regardless, both teams are very good teams, and good luck to both throughout the remainder of the season.

Return to “Girls Basketball”