federal vs southpoint

sneake-pete
Freshman Team

federal vs southpoint

Post by sneake-pete »

should be a good game between 2 young teams but ill go with fed in a close one.. the game is saturday night with a 6:00 jv start time.. Lancer fans need to pack the gym and support your 4-0 lady lancers

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

You know I'll be there. I know absolutely nothing about South Point. These games are fun when you don't know what to expect!

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

South Point has a very young but very talented team. The leading scorers are two freshmen. They also start a sophomore, junior and senior. 5-3, 5-4, 5-8, 5-10, 5-11 are the starters. They have a great fast break and awesome press.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Federal Hocking 68

South Point 63

Fed Hock lead by as many as 13 in this game, and had an 11 point lead with about 4 1/2 minutes to go. South Point never quit, they fought, scrapped, and played ball the way you want a team to play.

What a talented group of young players, the folks down in SP should be proud and excited of what is to come with their girls. If they all stick with it, they will be very successful the next three years.

Congratulations to the Lady Lancers for perservering and playing a hard fought game. Probably one of the more athletic teams that we will face all year, for certain!

The officiating tonight, was less than stellar, for both teams. I know that this crew had not worked together before, as a threesome, and it created some issues. Clearly not a deciding factor in the outcome of the game, but it was a little disappointing to have our visitors drive such a long way to play in a game that was not very well officiated.

The SP coach did a nice job of coaching, and keeping his girl's heads in the game and playing hard.

Look forward to our trip to the southern most point in the entire state of Ohio to play again.

Congrats to the Lancers, and keep your heads up Pointers, you've got alot of positives going for you!

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Just how far is Federal Hocking from South Point? I am looking forward to the rematch!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

It's a long way. I'll go down the river to Huntington and cross, it is shorter than going all the way to Jackson County and then down 93 through God's country....... :lol:

I'm guessing about 100 miles the way I will drive...

Return to “Girls Basketball”