Southern Hills League

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Southern Hills League

Post by a_c_m »

Please post any information involving any of the leagues teams. Schedules, scores, etc.

Thanks.

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

Peebles girls are off to a 2-1 start. They lost their opener to a very good Georgetown team by 14 points. Georgetown was ahead 27-19 after the first quarter and then Peebles settled down and played even or slightly ahead of the Georgetown team the last three quarters.

In Peebles first win of the year that came against North Adams by about 20 points. I can't remember the exact score but that game was at North Adams. Then on Monday night of this week the Lady Indians beat Manchester by the score of 61-33. Manchester is very young this year and plays several freshmen on the Varsity. This game could have been a lot worse but Peebles used their bench a lot during the course of this game which is the right thing to do to get the younger girls some Varsity experience.

Tonight is a big SHL contest between Peebles and Lynchburg at Peebles. Lynchburg has been near the top of the SHL for the last several years and should be solid again this year.

The Lady Indians have a good solid post player in Sarah Sexton who has led them in scoring and rebounding every game and is a three year varsity player. She is just relentless on the boards and gets to the FT line a lot. Also. 5'9" sophomore Emily Hoop is starting her second year on the varsity and can play inside and outside. She is a very talented player. The other leading scorers are the younger Sexton girl, Jessica, and Ashley Turner. Peebles should have a very good girls program for the next several years and there is a lot of talent for quite a ways down through the grades. Head Coach Frankie Stephens is in his first year and does a great job with this team.

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

I was impressed with Peebles and especially the Sexton girl. She is a strong player who has a well rounded game. I also think Coach Stephens is a very good coach. Manchester probably won't do much this year but as their young players get experience they will improve and in a year or two should be very good. Eastern Brown is Eastern Brown and will be the team to beat. Fayetteville and Fairfield should also be good this year, Fairfield has good size in the post. North Adams will finish toward the bottom, they have a very good player in Carli Beasely but lack of size and poor shooting have really hurt them in the first 3 games. They will need to improve dramatically to finish above .500. I haven't seen West Union play yet but I would be surprised if they didn't finish in the bottom half as well.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

West Union

Post by a_c_m »

How is West Union doing? They are on the New Boston schedule later in the season.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Whiteoak was just edged in last year's district finals....they return 4 starters and have a transfer.

4 senior girls leading the way....they'll be tough to beat.

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

Lynchburg beat Peebles Thursday night at Peebles by about 10 points. Peebles led by 11 points at the half but just wasn't able to put two good halves together against a pretty good Lynchburg squad. # 23 Lewis and # 24 Hatton were two pretty solid players for the Lady Mustangs and they also had a couple other girls hit some key threes in their second half comeback. Lynchburg closed it to two early in the third quarter but Peebles bumped the lead back up to 8 points. Then Lynchburg made their run and really outscored Peebles in the 4th quarter. Peebles will win a lot of games this year but they only have one senior on their roster so they are somewhat young still.

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

North Adams dropped their 4th straight last evening losing to Fayetteville by 5. They were down big in the first half but came back in the 2nd half to make the game respectable. Fayetteville looked pretty good, good size and quickness.

Lynchburg had a couple other players by the name Hatton and Lewis who were pretty good players. If the Lewis girl is anything close to what her older sister was then she will be pretty good. One of the best all round players I have seen.

Five Point
JV Team

Post by Five Point »

The Lewis girl also has a 7th grade sister that is gonna be really good.

Return to “Girls Basketball”