Eastern Eagles what do you think of the new coach ?????

think about it
Freshman Team

Eastern Eagles what do you think of the new coach ?????

Post by think about it »

Just wondering what your thoughts are about Eagles new head coach ?

the thinker
lovin' every minute of it
Riding the Bench

Post by lovin' every minute of it »

Seems like a nice guy, just not to sure on his coaching methods.
Start 5, 4 minutes into the game, sub in another 5,score was meigs 6, eastern 5. Why would you change? One of the seniors and better player,sat the bench for inexperienced freshman. Should have been another game they won. Looks like a long year ahead.

Riding the Bench

Yes, it is Reedsville Eastern

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

I have a suggestion. Instead of playing the entire season without a jv schedule, why not do this. Play a jv "games" consisting of 3 eight minute quarters. That equals the same amount of time as 4 six minute quarters.
Play five players in each "game". Each of those players now have two varsity quarters. Pay attention to the quarters played as not to exceed 90 per year. (new this year, up from 80) You still have all 12 players available for varsity play. I did see a team do this last year but they played two 8 minutes quarters. I would try three. That way everbody gets to play on both teams. Gate receipts will also increase and everyone is happy.

bucknut 23
Varsity

Post by bucknut 23 »

To my knowledge, JV quarters can be 7:00 in length but NOT 8:00 in length. I've seen a few teams the last several years who did not have enough total players in their program to play a complete JV game/schedule, play two 6:00 quarters of a game to get their girls some playing experience.

It seems like if there are enough players to do that, then that would be a good solution.

Riding the Bench

Subing is not really the issue. It is the way he does it. It's good to have
fresh legs to give the others a break and catch their breath. But don't sub
5 at a time. You need to have experience on the floor. Sub one or two at a
time. According to the paper, Hayman was in foul trouble in the first half,
but I don't consider one or two fouls trouble, at least not enough trouble to sit out as long as she did. It was a good game but one that Eastern
should have won.

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

I would keep Katie Hayman in the game at all times. She is the best player of the VERY young, inexperienced team.
Last edited by 4sporterEHS on Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Do You Even Remember What It Is Like To Be To Tired To Run"

-I Am What I Am
Riding the Bench

Hayman is probably the best player on the team and imo should not have set out as long as she did. But I guess we are not the coach and the team is just going to have to go with what he says. Maybe he will change things as the season progresses, they have only played 2 games, both were close. I would hope so for the sake of the 2 seniors, Hayman and Werry, that he does. If not, just sit back and support the team. Good luck Seniors!

think about it
Freshman Team

Post by think about it »

I don't belive he knows alot about coaching is this his first head coaching position ?

the thinker
think about it
Freshman Team

Post by think about it »

I really dont mean it wrong just what i have seen he has alot to learn hopefully SOON .

the thinker
Riding the Bench

They say he coached boys before. Eastern has the potential to win some games, I hope he gives them the chance. And that is all I have to say about that!

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

Katie Hayman had two fouls on her and that is why she sat out a lot in period two. Most coaches do that.

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

You are correct, 7 minutes is the max for jv. With the 90 quarters per year why not play a jv schedule consisting of three seven minute quarters.
The way it is now, young players are not going to come out and sit the varsity bench. There is no reason Eastern (and all schools) should not be able to field a jv and varsity team. There is never a problem for vb and the numbers on the junior high basketball teams are good.

full of it
Riding the Bench

Post by full of it »

The high school basketball season is a long one. Volleyball and softball seasons are shorter and you have more games a week and less practice. Sad as it is many girls do not want to go through what it takes to play basketball.

gimmeabreak
Waterboy

Post by gimmeabreak »

just maybe the new coach is playing the hardest working kids and not playing them just because of seniority. maybe the older kids should start working a little harder instead of just expecting to get to play because they are a junior or senior.

Riding the Bench

So, Gimmeabreak, you must go watch practice if u know how hard everyone is working. Please let the rest of the fans know just who is working hard and who is not. And I agree senority doesn't play a roll but if they are a better player than others, they should be playing if he expects or hopes to win a game.

gimmeabreak
Waterboy

Post by gimmeabreak »

i have not seen the lady eagles practice, as a matter of fact i haven't even seen them play in a game, i was just giving my opinion on why the coach might be doing things the way he does because it seems like the fans are giving him a very hard time just because he doesn't coach the way they want him to.

think about it
Freshman Team

Post by think about it »

Its not that i dont like the coach but they dont even seem to be running plays it's just a cluster on the floor alot of talent on the girls team they are better then that i still hope the coach the best GO EAGLES

the thinker
Go Get It
Freshman Team

Post by Go Get It »

I couldn't agree more, well said!

think about it
Freshman Team

Post by think about it »

Well the new Eagles coached showed me 2nite HE IS NOT THE MAN WE NEED sorry just a fact.

the thinker

Return to “Girls Basketball”