South Webster Lady Jeeps 2007-08 edition

art_vandelay
SE

South Webster Lady Jeeps 2007-08 edition

Post by art_vandelay »

Sounds like this will be an exciting season for the Jeeps. Kara Cayton is back at Webster for her senior year, and along with sophomore Kayla Cook, will give the Lady Jeeps one of the best D4 backcourts in the state. With Sherman up front along with Queen and Puckett back, looks like another solid season for Webster. Hopefully they can take that next step after getting knocked out at Regionals last year by Berlin Hiland. Any thoughts Webster fans?*

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

I'm already blocking out my vacation for a weekend in March just in case!! :-D

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

Let's not get ahead of ourselves!!lol We don't want to put any pressure on the girls before the season even starts.

They will have a solid team again this year and will be at the top in the running for the SOC but there will be other teams right up there with them. Minford and Burg are going to be tough. Don't know what Oak Hill has this year but there always hard to beat too.

I do know that the Lady Jeeps have awesome chemistry with each other and since most of the bball girls play volleyball, they will be coming off an awesome season there. Hopefully that fire will carry over into the basketball season.

This year is the year of the Lady Jeeps at Webster!!!

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

There is no question that Webster will be tough. They were tough last year win nearly 2 people had to be guarding Kayla and now you have Kara who also garnered 2 people on her. so basically that leaves teams with 1 person to guard the other 3 teammates. They will be tough, which makes the top of the SOC very interesting

Of course you start with Minford because they are the reigning champions. Until they are beaten, the road goes through Minford.

Other top teams are Oak Hill, Burg(with a key player returning after a year off) and Valley being tough as well.

Thats not knocking any of the other teams not listed because everyone has gotten better.

You asked about Oak Hill, it will be tough to replace 3 senior starters lost in Jill Phillips, Lacey Adkins, and Annah Ruff, but I believe that this years seniors can lead the way for the young girls that are going to have to step up. With not big numbers you will see a lot of young girls step up and I believe that they are capable of competing for the SOC title.

BIG POPPA
Freshman Team

Post by BIG POPPA »

will be a great season for the lady jeeps. they didnt have anyone graduate and stayed competitive in the league for the most part. with the addition of Cayton the season looks bright!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Is Cook permitted to practice with the team during her postseason XC run?

Best of luck to her in making it back to state!

Does anyone else on here see her run, watch her play ball and think about Beth Howe of Jackson about 8 years ago?

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Just wanted to give a shout-out to a couple of the Webster Fans that have been talking about me down there.

I am glad that I have been able to keep you in suspense.
Looking forward to seeing you guys this year.

Mr. A told me what you said and I thought it was hilarious. :lol:

iwearblacknikes
S

Post by iwearblacknikes »

I've watched Cook run and play ball and i love to watch her she is so fast with the ball and without..i'm looking forward to watching her play this season good luck to her and the Jeeps!

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

Back from the Lady's scrimmage with Gallia Academy and they looked really good. Cook and Roark didn't play (xc & injury) so they haven't had a practice with a full team yet. They should be ready come time for the first game. They have scrimmages with some strong teams next week so that will help them get the chemistry going.

Who9Dey
JV Team

Post by Who9Dey »

I tell you what.. SW has a good team.. I might want cayton to take more shots.. she definatly trys to get everyone envolved. very unselfish but too good of a shot to pass up some...very unselfish

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Cayton still there ??? She has got to be a SR???

phishing
Waterboy

Post by phishing »

Who is the coach this year for the Lady Jeeps?

May the Birds of Paradise Fly Up Your Nose.
lovevball8
Freshman Team

Post by lovevball8 »

Kristie Johnson, I believe this is her 3rd or 4th year as head coach.

jackson1
Freshman Team

Post by jackson1 »

Jackson scrimmaged both SW and Coal Grove last night. SW looked good although it is going to take a little time to blend their talent. The expectations in the stands are off the charts. I think SW will have a nice season.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

jackson1: I try not to use the word "expectations" for high school kids, but yep...hopes were high after last year's team of mostly freshmen and sophomores went to Regionals. And that was before Kara Cayton decided to come home. But I think it' might take a little bit for the Jeeps to find a groove with two star players like Cayton and Cook trying to establish their roles. By the end of the year though, this team should be a contender for Regionals and beyond.*

bballfan1
Waterboy

Post by bballfan1 »

Just one step at a time and patience. As soon as they start clicking watch out. I think Webster fans will have a fun and enjoyable season. Best of luck.

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

bballfan1 wrote:Just one step at a time and patience. As soon as they start clicking watch out. I think Webster fans will have a fun and enjoyable season. Best of luck.

And I'm stuck here in Houston missing it all again!! :-D

Go get 'em Lady Jeeps!!

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

jeep80, we'll keep you up to date on the team. They had previews tonight but there isn't much to write about. They played Symmes Valley and after the first quarter Jeeps were ahead by about 30. The second string played most of the second quarter and basically just passed the ball around. Oh well, that's previews for ya.

Their first home game is next Friday at home against Chesapeake. Will let you know how it goes.

South Jeepster
Riding the Bench

Post by South Jeepster »

Those LADY JEEPS looking alot like those (06) boys!

seohiofan
JV Team

Post by seohiofan »

they looked good friday

Return to “Girls Basketball”