AAU Basketball '08

bball4evr
JV Team

AAU Basketball '08

Post by bball4evr »

Why play with the Ohio Express?
Experienced coaching staff with several coaches being high school or college level coaches.
Improve your game by playing with and against the best of the best.
Meet and become friends with players from other schools.
Play in front of college coaches and recruiters (older age groups).
Play basketball and get better while having fun.

Spots are limited so don't delay,call Brent Glass (740-683-3378) today and reserve a spot with eastern Ohio's premier girls basketball club.

http://www.ohioexpressbasketball.com

Coaching Vacancies
The Ohio Express is searching for a 10U head coach and several other head coaching positions are available, experience is preferred. There are also several assistant coaching positions available.

Any new coaches that join the Ohio Express coaching staff must submit a background check.

To apply, simply click on the "Applications" link above and follow the directions. You may also submit a resume to Mark Lane at marklane@ohioexpressbasketball.com or to Brent Glass at brentglass@ohioexpressbasketball.com.

marklane
JV Team

Spots

Post by marklane »

I have three spots available on the 12U team (7th grade) that I will be coaching in 2008. If you are interested in more information please contact me at marklane@ohioexpressbasketball.com ASAP!

lambee_factor
Waterboy

AAU Basketball 2008

Post by lambee_factor »

The WV Thunder 11u Team (Girls born July 1, 1995-June 30, 1996) will be playing out of Ohio this season. With the new age guidelines we have a couple of spots open on the team. Since this is our first team from the Thunder Organization to play out of Ohio this looked like the right opportunity to get the word out there. If there is an interest please contact Larry Lambert at 304 633-3718 or Scott Johnson at 304 412 0452.

Larry Lambert
Thunder Basketball

marklane
JV Team

Question

Post by marklane »

Lambee_factor, I have a quick question.

Can you take a team of players from one district and qualify for DI Nationals at another district tournament? In other words, could a team from Ohio qualify for DI Nationals in West Virginia or vice versa?

lambee_factor
Waterboy

AAU Nationals 2008

Post by lambee_factor »

Hi Marklane

We plan on the WV Thunder playing in the 11u division in Ohio and the 15u division competing in WV. We will have to belong to both Associations and the 3 player out of area requirement is also required for each team. For example the 11u team has just three WV girls. As you know there are not that many AAU players in our area and it is difficult to find enough girls who are willing to travel. It has become even tougher since the WV District gave Lawrence and Washington County back to Ohio and Boyd County back to Kentucky. What that has done to the tri-state area is to force the families who were traveling 15-30 mintues to practice in Huntington to now travel 2-3 hours to Lexington, Dayton, Columbus, & Cincinnati if they want their child to play for teams that can compete at the national level once we use up our 3 out of area spots. When this proposal was up for a vote I couldn't get the officials in our district to keep those counites since we were the only program who had most of the players from those counties. The WV District was already having difficulty coming up with three teams that are required just to qualify for the nationals. I knew it was a bad move and it has come back to bite them as there are less teams each year and some age groups in WV don't have the required teams needed to qualify. the Thunder Teams up to this point have been qualifying in a super regional just in case there are no teams in the Distrct qualifier. The logical thing to do would be to move the entire WV District to Ohio were there are teams in each age group.

Larry Lambert
WV Thunder

lambee_factor
Waterboy

Post by lambee_factor »

Hi Marklane:

I noticed I never really answered your question. The answer is no. Your club must belong to the district it competes in. The 11u Thunder will play out of Proctorville, OH where I live and compete in the Ohio District. The 15u Thunder will play out of Huntington, WV and play in the WV District. Each team must belong to the district they play out of.

Larry Lambert
WV Thunder Basketball

marklane
JV Team

WV

Post by marklane »

Thanks for your response, I was just curious as to how that worked.

I've noticed from the WV AAU District website that some age divisions didn't have a district qualifying tournament, which is unfortunate for the players in that division that do want to attend a National Tournament.

It's hard to believe that there aren't more teams from West Virginia that want to play in the district qualifier. I figured there would be a handful of clubs from Wheeling, Charleston, Huntington, etc. alone that would attend.

What would you think if West Virginia and Eastern Ohio become one district? I know Team Ohio and ourselves (Ohio Express) send teams to district tournaments. Add in a few other teams and you've got the making for a decent district tournament.

If Team Ohio, West Virginia Thunder, and Ohio Express each fielded just one team in each age division at the district qualifier, we'd have enough teams for the tournament. Plus, like I mentioned earlier, there are going to be other teams that will want to play. Throw Franklin Co. in there and teams from Columbus will attend.

Anyhow, you've had some excellent teams in the past years that we've enjoyed playing, best of luck with the 08' season!

lambee_factor
Waterboy

Post by lambee_factor »

[/quote]
What would you think if West Virginia and Eastern Ohio become one district? I know Team Ohio and ourselves (Ohio Express) send teams to district tournaments. Add in a few other teams and you've got the making for a decent district tournament.

I agree. The WV Thunder would love to be a part of an Eastern Ohio District and compete with Team Ohio and Ohio Express & other teams in the area. Both of those programs have quality teams in every age group.

Larry Lambert
Thunder Basketball

dei227
Waterboy

Post by dei227 »

Does anyone know of a 10U -AAU team from around Portsmouth that needs a couple of girls ?

What happened to the the Southern Ohio Magic ?

SOMAGIC
JV Team

Post by SOMAGIC »

Southern Ohio Magic is holding a meeting on Sunday, October 28, 2007 and will be setting up times and dates for sign-ups/try-outs for 8u thru 16u. I will post the dates, place and times following the meeting on Sunday. With 2007 being our first year I truly anticipate a great 2008 year. All girls interested can email me at mjust@southernohiomagic.com.
You can also view our website at http://www.southernohiomagic.org.

hssportsfan
Waterboy

Team Ohio

Post by hssportsfan »

Team Ohio is always looking to add players to their teams if needed. You would need to contact someone within their organization. Tuck Conner is the person who runs Team Ohio. Email him at teamohio@infinet.net

SOMAGIC
JV Team

Post by SOMAGIC »

Southern Ohio Magic will be holding sign-ups/tryouts for 8u thru 12u only on Sunday, January 13, 2008 at Vern Riffe School, 2619 Gallia Street, Portsmouth, Ohio from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. for girls and boys. 13u and up will be held at a later time and will be posted on our website http://www.southernohiomagic.org.

bball4evr
JV Team

Coaches and players needed.

Post by bball4evr »

The Ohio Express girls basketball club is currently taking coaches applications for the 2008 spring season. We are searching for two head coaches for the 10U level, one head coach at the 14U level, and one head coach at the 15U level. Previous coaching experience is preferred.

We are also searching for assistant coaches at several age levels. Previous coaching experience is not required to serve as an assistant coach.

Contact marklane@ohioexpressbasketball.com or brentglass@ohioexpressbasketball.com

Also:
The Ohio Express girls basketball club is currently taking player applications for the 2008 spring season. The Express will field teams from the 8U to 18U age brackets (age is determined by DOB as of July 1, 2007). We will field competitive and developemental teams.

See above for contact information.

bball4evr
JV Team

Post by bball4evr »

ttt

marklane
JV Team

Spots

Post by marklane »

The Ohio Express has one spot on the 12U Lane team, if you are interested in more information, please contact me ASAP at 740-624-2378 or marklane@ohioexpressbasketball.com. I can provide our tournament schedule and some background information about myself.

lambee_factor
Waterboy

AAU Basketball 2008

Post by lambee_factor »

The WV Thunder 11u , 6th Grade AAU Girls Travel Team will be holding sign-ups/tryouts/basic skills workshop on Sunday, December 23 at Huntington St. Joe High School 6th Ave and 13th Street, Huntington, WV from 3:30-5:30 p.m. The Thunder 11’s are looking at playing out of the Ohio District in 2008 and we expect to hold several evaluation sessions leading up to the new season. Girls born July 1, 1995---June 30, 1996 are eligible to play on the team. For information please contact Scott Johnson at (304) 412-0452 or Larry Lambert (304) 633-3718
or llamb@zoominternet.net. You can also check out the Thunder at http://www.wvthunder.com

Larry Lambert
Thunder Basketball

bball4evr
JV Team

Post by bball4evr »

The Ohio Express is currently finishing their rosters for the spring '08 season and still have limited spots available. We have spots available for 10U (5th graders), 11U (6th graders), 12U (7th graders), 13U (8th graders), 14U (freshmen), 15U (sophs) and very limited spots for juniors and seniors. If you are interested or would like to know more about the Express you can visit our web site at http://www.ohioexpressbasketball.com or e-mail brentglass@ohioexpressbasketball.com

We also need knowledgeable, energetic coaches for several teams this year. Feel free to e-mail me at the above address if you are interested.

bball4evr
JV Team

Girls Spring Basketball Team accepting high school aged play

Post by bball4evr »

The Ohio Express are now taking applications for their high school aged teams. We have openings at the soph. and junior grade levels. Teams are very competitive and will play in at least two exposure tournaments as well as state and possibly nationals. For more infomation call coach Levi Dickerson at (740) 891-1557 or coach Derek Carnes at (740) 704-5732. Spots are limited so don't delay.

Return to “Girls Basketball”