Jackson Ironladies????

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

Congrats, Jay. Coach Martin is a great person and coach. He will treat all the girls equally and fairly. Good luck to him and his Ironladies in the upcoming season.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Good choice in a tough situation. It is too bad they won't have Carrie Strawser there to help next year.

RedandWhite
Waterboy

Post by RedandWhite »

The previous coach treated the girls equally and fairly also.

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

I only seen Jay coaching volleyball but he is an awesome person and I'm sure he will be an great basketball coach. He wants the girls to work hard but still have fun.

Hope Jackson has their summer tournament again this year. Last year went really well.

Nagol1
Freshman Team

Post by Nagol1 »

Does Everyone like this person?

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

Nagol: What kind of question is that? Who cares if everyone likes this person or not! The coach will coach, the players will play, and the Administration will watch and monitor the situation and support the coaches! Period. This is the problem with sports today. Too many people worrying or wondering if everyone is satisfied. Everyone will not be satisfied, but move on and accept it. When society starts supporting coaches and players then maybe it won't be so hard on the community and everyone involved. We need to get out of the "cuddling" phase we are in and get back to the nitty gritty of coaching and playing. Talk to your dads and granddads and see how much they respected their coach and learned valuable lessons from them, even though they were tough on them.

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

Regulator sounds like they need a hug. No need to go off on Nagol, they were just asking a fair question.

Red and White, I know the previous coach was fair too. But that was the past get over it. Hopefully everyone has learned from the past and things will be better.

RedandWhite
Waterboy

Post by RedandWhite »

know your role, the way you phrased it it almost sounded like you were implying that this coach would treat them fairly as opposed to the previous coach not treated them fairly, as one parent accused. I personally don't have anything against either coach..I simply wanted to point out that McKinniss was also a fair coach as is this one.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Anna Ramey new JV coach. Like I said before she didn't want the varsity job.

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

MIGHTY Oaks Fan wrote:
Posted: Mon May 7th
Anna got a teaching job there. She does not want to be involved in that mess I am sure. She wants to coach a long time. Not be some fill in to stop the bleeding.

Hey MOF, looks like you have to eat your words. We know that you were referring to her being the Varsity Coach, but you should not make statements like you did.

Anna will do a great job as the JV Coach!

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

You are correct she will do a great job. She did not take the varsity job just like I said. She wants to coach a long time and did not want to take over the varsity job right now.

I didn't make some off the wall statement that I got out of nowhere. THis came right from the source that she did not want the varsity job, which, let me think........ yeah she didn't take the job like what was mentioned in the topic you are referring to.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Congrats and best of luck to Jay! It will be a smooth transition. Jackson has a pretty bright future in basketball.

bballinfool
Waterboy

Post by bballinfool »

Anna Ramey did not take the JV job. She is only going to assist with the varsity. Period.

Lady Oaks - A Southern Ohio Tradition
know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

Sounds like we have a difference in sources. Who is correct?

Does anyone know for sure who will be the Freshman, JV, and Assistant Varsity Coach yet?

Blue_Steel
Freshman Team

Post by Blue_Steel »

Congrats to Jay. I have coached against him for the last few years and he is a heck of a guy. Very down to earth, easy to get along with. I really enjoyed coaching against him and the times we talked at clinics other games etc. I think he will do a great job. I am also very sorry to see the situation that Heath has had to deal with. Hopefully Jay isn't stepping into a bad situation. But having coached all those girls in the past I am sure they will great him with open arms.
Last edited by Blue_Steel on Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

Time will tell. It doesn't really matter right now. They have a head coach, and Anna will do fine whether she is the varsity assistant or junior varsity coach.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

It's almost unbelievable that the job was offered to 3 different persons that are all 24 years old or younger...and McKinniss didn't have enough experience to handle things? The more I hear the more it's without a doubt what happened.

Martin will be good for the program.

76ers
Waterboy

Post by 76ers »

best of luck to Jay and his staff. Most of all best of luck to the girls who love to play the game.

know your role
Freshman Team

Post by know your role »

3 people that were 24 or younger, who would these people be? Obviously Anna was 1 who were the other two?

Return to “Girls Basketball”