OAK HILL VS SOUTH EUCLID REGINA

Slim Jim
Varsity

Re: OAK HILL VS SOUTH EUCLID REGINA

Post by Slim Jim »

Regina did look lost in the 4th quarter,but great teams find a way to win and they did...Oak Hill just dug too big of a hole to get out of.Not much more you can really say...

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

piratepride05 wrote:
qualified101 wrote:congrats oak hill on a fine season.

was it a matter of outmatched? my family at watching it on tv said in the first half oak hill looked a little nervous(rebounds, missed ft's). doesnt matter now, again, congrats on fine season.

Oak Hill had 2 free throws in the first half, missed them both.

That's because they didn't go to the hole to get fouled in the first half.Regina did..

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

gt13osu wrote:I don't think Regina was outcoached. Hard to be outcoached when you have won 9 state championships as their coach has. Doug is a fine coach in his own right but it is hard to beat championships.

That's pretty impressive...

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Nice game by the Lady Oaks. We folks down here in SE Ohio are very proud. No negative comments or backhanded compliments from me. Maybe there is a lesson to be learned for a few of you jerks that have been posting.........

Anyway, again, a game that clearly illustrates the need for the pantywaist at the OHSAA to grow a set of stones and do something about the private schools/parochial school debate.

If OHSAA would have taken the approach like the state of Tennessee has taken, and apply a factor to the student enrollment, since they are a private school, Regina would have had a count of 344 girls for an athletic division participation headcount.

That would have placed them in DII, very close to DI, from a tournament perspective, which is exactly where a team like this belongs from a competitive standpoint.

What did they say during the game broadcast, that this DIII school has produced 69 or 70 D-I recruits since their coach took the reigns? I think that speaks volumes about how broken HS athletics are in Ohio, and our administrators continue to play and deaf ostrich and put their hands over their ears, and then bury their heads in the sand............

I'd like to hear of a D-I Ohio program who has produced 70 D-I recruits over the last 19 or so years. Please enlighten me......... ;-)

Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

Steely Dan wrote:Nice game by the Lady Oaks. We folks down here in SE Ohio are very proud. No negative comments or backhanded compliments from me. Maybe there is a lesson to be learned for a few of you jerks that have been posting.........

Anyway, again, a game that clearly illustrates the need for the pantywaist at the OHSAA to grow a set of stones and do something about the private schools/parochial school debate.

If OHSAA would have taken the approach like the state of Tennessee has taken, and apply a factor to the student enrollment, since they are a private school, Regina would have had a count of 344 girls for an athletic division participation headcount.

That would have placed them in DII, very close to DI, from a tournament perspective, which is exactly where a team like this belongs from a competitive standpoint.

What did they say during the game broadcast, that this DIII school has produced 69 or 70 D-I recruits since their coach took the reigns? I think that speaks volumes about how broken HS athletics are in Ohio, and our administrators continue to play and deaf ostrich and put their hands over their ears, and then bury their heads in the sand............

I'd like to hear of a D-I Ohio program who has produced 70 D-I recruits over the last 19 or so years. Please enlighten me......... ;-)

That is a nice post. That is the reason why teams like Oak Hill, Chillicothe, South Webster, Logan Elm and Alexander (Volleyball) feel they have to do this in order to compete. But as my preacher uncle would say two wrongs dont make it right.

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

Kenny Bixx wrote:That is the reason why teams like Oak Hill, Chillicothe, South Webster, Logan Elm and Alexander (Volleyball) feel they have to do this in order to compete. ;-)

So just exactly what is it that the teams mentioned are "doing"? Accepting the application of someone who wants to transfer? So that's illegal?
If you have proof of any of the listed teams recruiting the transferred players, then present it.
Otherwise, shut up!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Did I say that two wrongs make a right, troll? No, you and your preacher uncle can ride out of here on your sanctimonious high horse and don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you. I don't like it either but, did it sound like I was kneeling at the altar praying to the recruiting gods?

Don't think so. Quit trying to twist things to support your own feable agenda.

route93
Freshman Team

Post by route93 »

Great game Lady Oaks!!! You make an alumni of Oak Hill very proud of where I'm from. Great season and the future looks even better!!! I hope to see you in Lancaster next year.

Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

jeep80 wrote:Otherwise, shut up!

No.
Steely Dan wrote:Did I say that two wrongs make a right, troll? No, you and your preacher uncle can ride out of here on your sanctimonious high horse and don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you. I don't like it either but, did it sound like I was kneeling at the altar praying to the recruiting gods?

Don't think so. Quit trying to twist things to support your own feable agenda.

Did I say you condone it? I was pointing to the fact in order public schools to compete with the likes of Regina, they need to bring in "transfers." We need to look no further than S. W. (State Championship), Chillicothe (State Championship), Alexander (State Championship), for examples. Was I the only one who noticed, that 4 of the 8 finalist were private schools? Is that fair, to Oak Hill, Start, Hiland or Wapokenta?

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

Kenny Bixx wrote:I was pointing to the fact in order public schools to compete with the likes of Regina, they need to bring in "transfers."

They weren't "Brought In". They came in- in Brighams case - on their own accord. You're either too ignorant to see the difference or too blind to care.

Like I said, if you have any proof they were brought it, present it. Otherwise, your petty, childish accusations are just an outburst of infantile jealousy.

Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

some jealousy, i say cheating.

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

Seems to me that only way southern ohio can compete with the big boys is if they do get transfers. I don't think it is because the private schools have broader rules when it comes to for lack of better words recruiting. The difference I believe is simple. Look at the teams Oak Hill plays during the season and look at the teams Regina plays. The teams the big cities play and the teams up north have tougher competition. Oak Hill can't help it nor can the other southern ohio teams that are having good seasons. No one feels sorry for Oak Hill because they lost to a private school.Especially when you get move ins because the school has a winning tradition. They should be talking about the great season they have had and how they will be back next year. Everyone back stay healthy, and they will be in the finals again.

whythehale?
Riding the Bench

Post by whythehale? »

Way to go Lady Oaks!! I thought you all played hard till the final buzzer! Runner-up is nothing to be upset about, think of all the teams that would love to be there. Everyone is so proud of you!

Congrats to Regina on a very well played game! You girls work hard and it shows! I was rooting for Oak Hill, but I have to admit when one of Regina's girls blocked number 10 is was one of the best blocks I have ever seen and 10's face was priceless afterward.

I really thought Oak Hill might pull it off in the end. It looked like the second quarter was what got them (21-8 scoring).

If anyone got to watch the game on tv (its still on the internet) they mention 41. It was really nice to see and hear. Congrats again to all the girls in the game today!!

whythehale?
Riding the Bench

Post by whythehale? »

Oh, and did anyone happen to tape the game? pm me please if you did. Thanks!!

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

whythehale? wrote:Oh, and did anyone happen to tape the game? pm me please if you did. Thanks!!

Check the STO program schedule,they may replay it at some point.They replayed the Chillicothe boys game a couple times last year.

blondebomb
Freshman Team

Post by blondebomb »

Thanks Lady Oaks for a great year of B/B.. What a yr you girls have had and you should be very proud of it. You got to do what so many others may never see let alone be a part of. What a memory to be able to have in your minds & your scrape books. There is nothing but good chemistry on that floor when you girls get ready to play. We all look forward to seeing you all back next yr. for another great yr! Thanks to Doug for his leadership and guidance with these girls, which has turned out to be one great show. Also, Philip ,Linda and Whitney you may not get alot of pats on the back for all your hard work but I for one say "Thanks " for everything you guys put in this season too!!!! " LADY OAKS STATE RUNNER UP 2009 " HAS A GREAT RING TO IT !! SEE YA NEXT YEAR !!!!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

I have to agree on a few of the above posts as, yes a few of the schools "down south" have transfers but only a few elite "private schools" can bring in 4 or 5 top notch AAU kids every year and compete for a title every year without a lot of coaching having to be done. One of the moderators on friday afternoon must have changed my original last teams name from "Regina University" to "South Euclid Regina" since I originally posted this topic but I will stick with what I originally said even though it has been changed. Good job Oak Hill as you represented Southern Ohio very well this year. "THANK YOU "

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

..... and by the way, just want to let everyone know Hathaway Brown that won the Div II championship today has a player that last year played and went to the state tournament with Lakota West. Hmmm.....moving from Cincinnati to Cleveland, 2 Years, 2 State tournaments....coincidence ?

P.S. - Four (4) private school state champions were crowned today (Please include Africentric even though "technically" the are in the Columbus City Schools.

bball4evr
JV Team

Post by bball4evr »

If they had stayed at Lakota they would of been in the state tournament again as Lakota West was there also.

Bobby Love
Riding the Bench

Post by Bobby Love »

[quote="FANOSPORTS.....moving from Cincinnati to Cleveland, 2 Years, 2 State tournaments....[/quote]

mcarthur to oakhill or jackson to oakhill its not the distance only the principal. regardless of what you people think you no in your mind you wouldnt be there if it had not been for the others. good job on a great season though still not easy to get there.

Return to “Girls Basketball”