All State

Re: Oak Hill vs. Versailles...State Semi-Final

Post by theassassin »

DAAAAAAAAARRRRTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!

ocho stinko
JV Team

Post by ocho stinko »

He had great mechanics on the blu ray. I highly recommend to all!!

TigersGameDayFan
JV Team

Post by TigersGameDayFan »

Need a lady oaks shirt so I can support Thursday when I go up

southern ohio fan
Waterboy

Post by southern ohio fan »

Steely Dan wrote:This is a good draw for Oak Hill. They beat Versailles, which will be a big challenge, then they will get Regina. Let's be honest, everyone knows that Regina is the biggest offender of recruiting in the entire state of Ohio, when it comes to girls basketball. Some how, they never get busted......hhhhmmmmm..........

Anyway, Oak Hill will have their hands full, if they get past Versailles........

Good luck against Versailles!!!!!!!!!

how many girls are on the Oak Hill Oaks Basketball Team? How many of the same girls on the team went to Oak Hill Schools 3 years ago.. i would say at least 5 of them didnt.....

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

One would think someone with the username southern ohio fan would support a southern ohio team in the state tournament.

Key phrase being one would think.

buckeye221
Freshman Team

Post by buckeye221 »

High school sports are changing and a lot of people are just not used to it. The truth is, tons of athletes from many schools and many sports transfer when they get to high school to get either better exposure or better coaching. This is something that you didn't see quite as much as you do now. I guess you could call it a trend. If there are girls on the Oak Hill team that are not originally from Oak Hill then that does not surprise me. If you are a very talented girl basketball player why would you want to stay local on a team that will not get you into the state final four and get all the exposure and experience that playing at Oak Hill would give you? Okay.....it may sound like they are not being loyal to their former school, but this is their one shot to do what they love and I am sure a lot of these girls are trying for some sort of scholarship? Don't take it personal. Many people get upset because athletes are just not as loyal to their community as they used to be...its just a new trend in high school sports. Its not fair to single out Oak Hill when this is happening all over the state (and country) in every sport. It is what it is...it is not breaking any type of rule. It is something the old school fans are going to have to get used to because I have a feeling it is going to happen more and more.

For example, South Point lost Todd Mayo from their basketball squad. Is he a traitor for leaving to go closer to his brother and play for a bigger school and get better exposure? Absolutely not....nobody is blaming him at all! I would have done the same thing in a heart beat! Everyone from South Point is cheering him on and wishes him a lot of success! These things happen, when you have good athletes they are going to go to the locations that get them the best exposure and experience. Unfortunately that leaves some schools in the dust, but its not right to single out any player from Oak Hill.

Not trying to stir anything up....just expressing my opinion. I just think people need to let it go and cheer on Oak Hill. I hope they do win and represent southern ohio proud! (and this is coming from a South Point fan haha). So goodluck Lady Oaks the rest of the way!

whythehale?
Riding the Bench

Post by whythehale? »

Of the girls that play the majority of the time in the varsity games ONE girl ever wore another uniform. She is as much a Lady Oak as anyone else I have ever seen. Your other "basketball transfers" have been here since 7th grade. One has been wearing an Oak Hill jersey since 3rd grade (I think) because she played with her friends from Oak Hill. Others met Oak Hill girls in summer ball. They seem to be doing well in school, they have good friends here. They are happy. Isn't that all that matters? The reasons people go to a school should not be anyone's business but theirs. And while there may be some people from Vinton County upset, I think most are still rooting them on because they are good kids.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

i think mayo situation is completely different... jmo anyway

buckeye221
Freshman Team

Post by buckeye221 »

I agree it is a completely different situation...but just saying that it happens in both girls and boys sports and in every sport really. To each their own and I think in any situation ....everyone should be adult about it and support the athlete and wish them the best!

hilljack
Freshman Team

Post by hilljack »

Good luck ladies! IMO, transfers or recruiting..doesnt matter. Oak Hill can't say anything about Regina. Let's just go watch some fine young ladies play basketball. If everyone is going by the rules, then there is nothing to be said. Good Luck and I'll be there cheering you on.

southern ohio fan
Waterboy

Post by southern ohio fan »

I wish Oak Hill the best of Luck and Hope they Win State. It would be a great thing for the Community of Oak Hill, Jackson County, and Southern Ohio. Especially to have 2 teams from Southern Ohio win the state on back to back seasons. (chillicothe boys last year.)

All i was saying on the original statement is that one team should not call out another about recruiting, when there is a good number of players who have been through your system from other schools. Whether Oak Hill recruited them or they want to play for the coach, or if their boyfriend goes there is not any business of mine. but dont call out another school when you dont have their facts either.... But back to the original Question How many girls on the team were in Oak Hill Schools 3 years ago? valid Question

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

3 years ago all but 1 Oak Hill girl were in Oak Hill schools.

jacksonoaks
Freshman Team

Post by jacksonoaks »

Three years ago 80 percent of the team would be in middle school.
Only Karissa Atkins would have been there.

PinkLady
Waterboy

Post by PinkLady »

3 years ago, Karissa, Lakin, Taylor H., Taylor B., Brianna, Mikie, & Kelsey . . . . Those would have been the middle school girls who were all enrolled in the Oak Hill school system 3 years ago. Only one girl hasn't been there since they were in 7th grade & she is just as much a Lady Oak as the rest of them. I really don't understand why it matters to anyone who is on our team and how long they have been there. They go through the same practice and the same games as the rest of the girls who were born in Oak Hill and THE TEAM considers them all to be Lady Oaks!!

GO LADY OAKS!!! WE BELIEVE!!!

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Good Luck Lady Oaks!

cripple93
Waterboy

Post by cripple93 »

GOODLUCK LADY OAKS!!! We ALL are very proud of you guys and are very happy that you have made it this far!! :aaaaa41 Now go out and bring home the state banner for ur #41!!!!! :aaaaa59 :aaaaa59

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

southern ohio fan wrote:All i was saying on the original statement is that one team should not call out another about recruiting, when there is a good number of players who have been through your system from other schools. Whether Oak Hill recruited them or they want to play for the coach, or if their boyfriend goes there is not any business of mine. but dont call out another school when you dont have their facts either.... But back to the original Question How many girls on the team were in Oak Hill Schools 3 years ago? valid Question

One, I have nothing to do with Oak Hill, and two, my statement was simply pointing out that if they make it past Versailles, the Lady Oaks are going to be playing against the most talented team assembled in DIII Ohio. Period. I've not made one comment throughout the season, or post-season, about the girls at Oak Hill and where they started school.

My point was, and remains, that if they make it to the final, and play against Regina, they will be playing against a team that was absolutely built through "selective enrollment", at its best. Is that PC enough for everybody????

GEESHH!!! :evil:

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

Steely Dan wrote:
southern ohio fan wrote:All i was saying on the original statement is that one team should not call out another about recruiting, when there is a good number of players who have been through your system from other schools. Whether Oak Hill recruited them or they want to play for the coach, or if their boyfriend goes there is not any business of mine. but dont call out another school when you dont have their facts either.... But back to the original Question How many girls on the team were in Oak Hill Schools 3 years ago? valid Question

One, I have nothing to do with Oak Hill, and two, my statement was simply pointing out that if they make it past Versailles, the Lady Oaks are going to be playing against the most talented team assembled in DIII Ohio. Period. I've not made one comment throughout the season, or post-season, about the girls at Oak Hill and where they started school.

My point was, and remains, that if they make it to the final, and play against Regina, they will be playing against a team that was absolutely built through "selective enrollment", at its best. Is that PC enough for everybody????

GEESHH!!! :evil:

Steely Dan. You are fine. I read your post and took it the way you meant it to be. I have the utmost respect, for the way you post on all the issues on this site. I didn't find anything wrong in what you posted. Some people are thinned skinned. Some people on here need to grow up and stop talking about things, they no nothing about.You are not included in that group SD The Oaks have a great chance to win the whole thing this weekend, but will have to play great, like they can!!!!!!! GO OAKS :-D :-D

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

heard regina has 2-3 div I committs on their roster

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

theassassin wrote:heard regina has 2-3 div I committs on their roster

I like the movie Hoosiers. hA hA. The Lady Oaks are my Hoosiers and will face the big city girls and will pull it off. GO OAKS

Return to “Girls Basketball”